PDA

View Full Version : C554e j12-01

Custom Search

Brett GS
01-13-2021, 05:44 PM
Hi all

I have a c554e driving me crazy.
I am getting intermittent j12-01 (from tray 2) and the odd j99-01.
Lone behold after leaving the customer it happends again even after testing long runs.
So far all rollers, oneway clutches and tray 1 and 2 clutched have been replaced.
Customer sent a photo of the page just getting out of tray 2 and stops.
Shafts have been cleaned and slightly sanded fir grip.
Im going back in the morning to check again.
Found in the service manual that this could be caused by the expansion board due too temp.

Any other advice would be appreciated.

To add firmware is up to date aswell.
SW have also been changed for the j99-01 code.

tsbservice
01-13-2021, 05:49 PM
Disassemble and clean thoroughly registration rollers and bushings. Good luck.

blinxwap
01-13-2021, 06:04 PM
Take the feed clutch from tray 1 on the paper feed section, tray 1 and tray 2 have the same clutches swap them and test, 99-01 if paper is in portrait turn it landscape in tray works everytime

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

copier tech
01-13-2021, 07:04 PM
Hi all

I have a c554e driving me crazy.
I am getting intermittent j12-01 (from tray 2) and the odd j99-01.
Lone behold after leaving the customer it happends again even after testing long runs.
So far all rollers, oneway clutches and tray 1 and 2 clutched have been replaced.
Customer sent a photo of the page just getting out of tray 2 and stops.
Shafts have been cleaned and slightly sanded fir grip.
Im going back in the morning to check again.
Found in the service manual that this could be caused by the expansion board due too temp.

Any other advice would be appreciated.

To add firmware is up to date aswell.
SW have also been changed for the j99-01 code.

Sounds like you have replaced everything you can in the feed unit, however you don't mention the torque limiter?

If it's jamming just out of tray 2 & tray 1 is feeding OK I would simply replace the complete feed unit, they are not to expensive.

allan
01-13-2021, 07:52 PM
Does the paper make it to the first relay rollers?

Brett GS
01-13-2021, 08:32 PM
Does the paper make it to the first relay rollers?

Hi Allan
Yes it gets out the tray and stops at the conveyance roller.

Brett GS
01-13-2021, 08:34 PM
Sounds like you have replaced everything you can in the feed unit, however you don't mention the torque limiter?

If it's jamming just out of tray 2 & tray 1 is feeding OK I would simply replace the complete feed unit, they are not to expensive.

Sorry forgot to mention the torque limiters,replaced both tray 1 and 2.

With try another feed unit and update on the progress.

allan
01-13-2021, 09:45 PM
Add pressure to the lower part of the door to see if that helps. I have had it where there was not enough pressure on the driven rollers and the paper does not get pulled from the feed unit.

Sure you don't get J-2002 in the mix? There is a way to shim the door for that issue.

For J1201 in could be a sensor.

Toxic
01-13-2021, 11:58 PM
Check this,could help

blackcat4866
01-14-2021, 12:31 AM
I had a bizhub 454e that was wearing the separation roller for tray #1 tapered in 15K pages or less. Upon examining the feed assembly you could see that the feed and separation rollers did not make even contact. The plastic frame was soft enough that flexing of the frame changed the alignment of the feed and separation. The jam code was J11-01.

My solution was to remove the reinforcing metal brace, and warp in down 8mm parabolic at the center to re-align the rollers to meet flat (if that makes sense), then re-install it. Then the rollers did meet flat and I did not have the issue again.

I went through (3) sets of rollers before coming up with the modification. As you know, it's not so easy to remove the feed unit assembly, so I wanted to get it right the first time.

You might look for that. =^..^=

Gift
01-14-2021, 09:09 AM
Any pre-printed paper involved here?

Brett GS
01-14-2021, 07:54 PM
Hi all
Update
Thanks for all the input.
Tried all except feed unit (didn't have one on hand).
Turned out being faulty size detection sensors believe it or not.
After 2 and a half hours and pulling my hair out i noticed after it jammed it showed a message to pull out tray and load correct size paper thats when the penny dropped andmade me think to check size detection sensors.

After alot of testing machine was jam free.

Custom Search