01-14-2021, 01:54 PM
Hello,can the scanner be disabled? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

You should be able to remove the scan icon from the panel

tsbservice
01-14-2021, 04:55 PM
You should be able to remove the scan icon from the panel
Nope.
Machine won't function as he has scanner error code. He just want to isolate scanner and use it only as a printer.

wynter17
01-14-2021, 05:23 PM
Nope.
Machine won't function as he has scanner error code. He just want to isolate scanner and use it only as a printer.Yes,exactly

M94
01-14-2021, 05:32 PM
Yes,exactly

What about disabling it in the driver? Or just disconnecting it physically?

Synthohol
01-14-2021, 05:43 PM
Or just fix it?
That's like asking to have a refrigerator freezer combo but just turn off the freezer part.
It does not work like that.

M94
01-14-2021, 05:47 PM
Or just fix it?
That's like asking to have a refrigerator freezer combo but just turn off the freezer part.
It does not work like that.

I don't totally disagree but at the same time repairs can cost, if the client doesn't use it I can see why the 'just turn it off' plan would be appealing.

tsbservice
01-14-2021, 05:48 PM
What about disabling it in the driver? Or just disconnecting it physically?

The reason for this is called machine initialization process. Every machine I know has it. If you simply disconnect scanner from main board it won't initialize. I may check service manual but strongly believe that allan knows the answer.

M94
01-14-2021, 05:57 PM
The reason for this is called machine initialization process. Every machine I know has it. If you simply disconnect scanner from main board it won't initialize. I may check service manual but strongly believe that allan knows the answer.

Just to double check myself I went and disconnected the ADF on my Taskalfa 3551ci and it turned on just fine... Then I realized noone ever said ADF and my assumptions are shameful :(

wynter17
01-14-2021, 06:00 PM
Or just fix it?
It does not work like that.The thing is that we already replaced the scanner lamp 2 times in 6 months,now will be the third time,the printer itself is in good condition thats why i wanted a way to disable it.

tsbservice
01-14-2021, 06:02 PM
Just to double check myself I went and disconnected the ADF on my Taskalfa 3551ci and it turned on just fine... Then I realized noone ever said ADF and my assumptions are shameful :(
M94 not at all as far as I'm concerned :)

tsbservice
01-14-2021, 06:19 PM
No just fix the belt or ribbon cable.

The thing is that we already replaced the scanner lamp 2 times in 6 months,now will be the third time,the printer itself is in good condition thats why i wanted a way to disable it.

Did you tried what allan suggested?

allan
01-15-2021, 05:40 AM
Look at the bottom of the ribbon cable for wear.
Been scraping of the isolation and soldering the tracks.

Then there could be discoloration on the reference patch.

Also I use to lift the front of the scanner rails with shims to bring the scanner closer to the glass with about 1mm that helped a lot.
Would recommend trying that. Shim it with paper on the far side its got a shaft and the near side an angle rail. Just raise that a little.
Forgot about that.

Lucky i don't have to struggle with these machines any more.

Sure they should have released firmware by now that will stop the lamp from running all the time...

Custom Search