PDA

View Full Version : Anyone wanting to sell me a LK-105 V4?

Custom Search

Hansoon
01-16-2021, 10:17 AM
Looking for a LK-105 V4 (v3 ??), complete with memory module and license code to be used with a BH-C-280 for searchable PDF's. Anyone wanting to sell me one?
(Not sure if the BH-C-280 needs v3 or v4)

Hans

Hansoon
01-18-2021, 06:12 AM
* ahem...... *

:)

Hans

EarthKmTech
01-18-2021, 06:43 AM
i got one you can have for free. this old dinosaur is discontinued here.

you must find your own ram.

PM me if you want it.

slimslob
01-18-2021, 07:00 AM
Looking for a LK-105 V4 (v3 ??), complete with memory module and license code to be used with a BH-C-280 for searchable PDF's. Anyone wanting to sell me one?
(Not sure if the BH-C-280 needs v3 or v4)

Hans

If by searchable PDF's you mean OCR searchable you would be far better off getting a stand alone software to do that once the scanned document is on a computer. OCR conversion on a MFP can take minutes a page and the document is not sent to the destination until the entire document has been converted. On a computer it only take a few seconds for an entire document

Hansoon
01-19-2021, 04:36 AM
i got one you can have for free. this old dinosaur is discontinued here.

you must find your own ram.

PM me if you want it.

Thanks very much for that offer. Unfortunately I did not find any 1GB-RAM to work. Tried several brands but as soon the extra RAM module is inserted, the machine fires up but the display remains dead and the buttons on the control panel are without function.

The original 2GB main RAM has a sticker: "Buffalo PC-2, 4200S-444-10-E2, 2Rx8, DDR2 SDRAM, 2GB 533MHz, CL4 Non ECC Unbuffered" Machine is working well with this one RAM module alone but as soon as the extra additional 1GB unit is in use in the second slot the problems come up.

I cannot imagine that I should install the LK-105 first to begin with, to accept that extra RAM???

All 3 different 1GB RAM modules where of the type PC2-4200, 533MHz without further information about being such as "CL4 Non ECC Unbuffered"

I have one machine for my own use which came in already with both RAM modules and it is working "well" doing OCR searchable PDF's. When I use that 1GB module in the before mentioned target machine, the problem does not exist and this 2nd machine fires up with the "loaner" module so the problem is focusing on the type of 1GB RAM obviously. Not sure what are the critical parameters here for that extra RAM module since there is no information except "1GB" on it....

If by searchable PDF's you mean OCR searchable you would be far better off getting a stand alone software to do that once the scanned document is on a computer. OCR conversion on a MFP can take minutes a page and the document is not sent to the destination until the entire document has been converted. On a computer it only take a few seconds for an entire document

Thanks, I realize that but one of the reasons trying to keep this old rental machine running is that the customer has several One Touch scan targets. All OCR software I know can only handle one folder as scan-FTP target, which is unacceptable for this lawyers office. Because of a new regulation in the courts here are searchable PDF's mandatory since the 1st of 2021 now *sigh*

Hans

slimslob
01-19-2021, 06:02 AM
This looks like what you might be wanting. BUFFALO 2GB 533MHz CL4 PC2-4200S DDR2 2Rx8 DDR Memory Module

For BUFFALO 2GB 533MHz CL4 PC2-4200S DDR2 2Rx8 DDR Memory Module | eBay (https://www.ebay.com/itm/284127828372)

Hansoon
01-19-2021, 06:58 AM
This looks like what you might be wanting. BUFFALO 2GB 533MHz CL4 PC2-4200S DDR2 2Rx8 DDR Memory Module

For BUFFALO 2GB 533MHz CL4 PC2-4200S DDR2 2Rx8 DDR Memory Module | eBay (https://www.ebay.com/itm/284127828372)

No, two times 2GB doesn't work unfortunately also. I tried that from the beginning cause I have loads of them here from old laptops and BH-363 machines.

Hans

emujo2
01-19-2021, 06:02 PM
Aside from the memory, you also need Web Browser firmware, and the OCR file for the HDD. My info shows LK105 (no version number) and UK203 (1GB memory), Also, the searchable PDF option really really really slowed down the machine..PDF pro is a good choice for 3rd party software, pretty cheap and does a lot with your files. E

Hansoon
01-20-2021, 05:35 PM
Aside from the memory, you also need Web Browser firmware, and the OCR file for the HDD. My info shows LK105 (no version number) and UK203 (1GB memory), Also, the searchable PDF option really really really slowed down the machine..PDF pro is a good choice for 3rd party software, pretty cheap and does a lot with your files. E

Thanks Emujo, I have the OCR file but "Webbrowser" too for this old BH-C-280 dinosaur??
I have two tokens bit I think I mostly need that rotten special 1GB memory.

Speed is not the biggest issue here in this particular case. Customer has been warned about it but they insist to have in the machine - right in the display - several scan targets where they can scan directly their stuff, coming in as searchable PDF's. Not just one folder but several folders as scan target. I do not know of any software doing that without paying endless royalties for every scan target/folder.
There is software using hot-folders listening for incoming data and converting it beautifully to searchable PDF/a files, but........., they want big $€$€$€$ for EACH hot folder. Customer is using at least 10 scan targets for offices in different cities and locations....

Hans

emujo2
01-20-2021, 08:58 PM
Thanks Emujo, I have the OCR file but "Webbrowser" too for this old BH-C-280 dinosaur??
I have two tokens bit I think I mostly need that rotten special 1GB memory.

Speed is not the biggest issue here in this particular case. Customer has been warned about it but they insist to have in the machine - right in the display - several scan targets where they can scan directly their stuff, coming in as searchable PDF's. Not just one folder but several folders as scan target. I do not know of any software doing that without paying endless royalties for every scan target/folder.
There is software using hot-folders listening for incoming data and converting it beautifully to searchable PDF/a files, but........., they want big $€$€$€$ for EACH hot folder. Customer is using at least 10 scan targets for offices in different cities and locations....

Hans

Yes sir, you are correct..no Web browser firmware for this..my mistake. E

Custom Search