PDA

View Full Version : 72-87 FS-534 Folding unit

Custom Search

Genotrom
01-18-2021, 04:28 PM
I recently retired an FS-534 with a folding unit. I don't know its history but it seems in good condition. No jams in the two output trays but only when I try to fold.
The paper is rolled up before exiting the book exit. As if it were stuck. Some idea?

allan
01-18-2021, 09:28 PM
Take a picture of the jam that could help.

Go check the theory of operation on that unit.
Jig the door take of covers if you need to, take a peek if anything is viable.

Its got a "knife" and 2 rollers that does the business.
Sure its something simple.

WLIT
01-18-2021, 09:45 PM
Is the fold off center by about 2.75 inches?

Genotrom
01-19-2021, 10:45 AM
Thanks! The card stops at this point. There is no way to get it through. There is something that is not clear to me

WLIT
01-19-2021, 03:39 PM
It appears as if there is something blocking the paper path, like a displaced mylar guide, scrap of paper or the folding knife is not at home. You say that the "card" stops where you circled in the pic. Do you mean cardstock is the media being used? If so, how does the folder do using plain paper? And if it is cardstock is it within specs for that finisher?

Bix
01-19-2021, 04:37 PM
Hi, try to check if the cartridge is mounted correctly

Genotrom
01-19-2021, 04:38 PM
It appears as if there is something blocking the paper path, like a displaced mylar guide, scrap of paper or the folding knife is not at home. You say that the "card" stops where you circled in the pic. Do you mean cardstock is the media being used? If so, how does the folder do using plain paper? And if it is cardstock is it within specs for that finisher?

it's plain 90g paper. I recovered this finisher from a printer graveyard and there is a good chance there is some piece missing or something is blocking the paper.
But without taking it apart, we won't be able to know. The other trays and stapling work, only the third tray with folding is the problem. So, I will try to disconnect when the printer is not needed. We update soon

allan
01-19-2021, 06:22 PM
Thanks! The card stops at this point. There is no way to get it through. There is something that is not clear to me

Sorry sir apologies for some confusion. Tried to say take a pic/video of the jammed paper.

of the physical

allan
01-19-2021, 06:26 PM

Don't think i should go all the way thru there. Think it stops there to get stapled and then reverse back again.

Genotrom
01-20-2021, 08:06 AM
thanks everyone for the support. I managed to get a video sent to me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93T499yVJtU

In the video it is not seen but the paper comes out of the second tray and then returns for folding. At this moment it jams.

Phil B.
01-20-2021, 10:22 PM
thanks everyone for the support. I managed to get a video sent to me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93T499yVJtU

In the video it is not seen but the paper comes out of the second tray and then returns for folding. At this moment it jams.Then check the gates/plates that divert the paper. Selinoids could come into play.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

femaster
01-21-2021, 04:38 AM
thanks everyone for the support.
In the video it is not seen but the paper comes out of the second tray and then returns for folding. At this moment it jams.

Where that paper is being pulled from, there should never have paper there. It should be going down into the slot that is on the right side of those 4 gray rollers on the top of the folding unit, between the metal and black plastic guide.

If by paper coming "out of the second tray" you mean the stacking tray, where paper gets stapled during a staple job, then the paper is taking the wrong path. The gate that is supposed to direct the paper into the folding unit is not working as it should.

Custom Search