PDA

View Full Version : Dead Machine Serious problem with Bizhub c220 avex Océ-variolink-2222c

Custom Search

Pages : [1] 2

MiCo
01-18-2021, 04:54 PM
Hello, I am from The Netherlands (Europe) and I am an non-commercial hobby bookbinder who needed a A3 laserprinter.
Last year I was lucky to buy a second hand Konika Minolta Océ-variolink-2222c c.q. Bizhub c220 in an auction.
The machine worked very fine until I needed the administrator password for resetting some parameters.
Because the machine came from an auction sell, no administrator password was provided and
it is not known who owned the machine before ( a broken company?)

Someone advised me to take out for a few second the system backup battery, to reset the machines parameters.
I knew this method for resetting PC 's administrator passwords, so we gave it a try.
However we lost the software which was stored on that little battery board in the machine
with the Sanyo Lithium battery. The little board is marked A0P0_K124_00 PWB-NVRAM and A0P0_H024_ 000611
The machine now starts, but after sometime displaying an hour glass for a while, I then
get the dashboard start picture but the console push buttons don't react any more.
There is also no connection to the network anymore!
I can't copy or print anymore. HELP!

I guess it was the flash software we lost.
I read somewhere you are all Konika Minolta experts
Do you know what is stored on that board and

can you perhaps provide me with the needed (flash?) software?
Do you perhaps know how to repair this problem?
It would be a great help to get the machine alive like before.
Thanks for your attention

copier tech
01-18-2021, 05:35 PM
Hello, I am from The Netherlands (Europe) and I am an non-commercial hobby bookbinder who needed a A3 laserprinter.
Last year I was lucky to buy a second hand Konika Minolta Océ-variolink-2222c c.q. Bizhub c220 in an auction.
The machine worked very fine until I needed the administrator password for resetting some parameters.
Because the machine came from an auction sell, no administrator password was provided and
it is not known who owned the machine before ( a broken company?)

Someone advised me to take out for a few second the system backup battery, to reset the machines parameters.
I knew this method for resetting PC 's administrator passwords, so we gave it a try.
However we lost the software which was stored on that little battery board in the machine
with the Sanyo Lithium battery. The little board is marked A0P0_K124_00 PWB-NVRAM and A0P0_H024_ 000611
The machine now starts, but after sometime displaying an hour glass for a while, I then
get the dashboard start picture but the console push buttons don't react any more.
I can't copy or print anymore. HELP!

I guess it was the flash software we lost.
I read somewhere you are all Konika Minolta experts
Do you know what is stored on that board and

can you perhaps provide me with the needed (flash?) software?
Do you perhaps know how to repair this problem?
It would be a great help to get the machine alive like before.
Thanks for your attention

Who advised you to remove the battery? terrible advice.

All you needed to do was enter enhanced security mode in CE mode to change the default admin password back to 12345678. (search this site it has been covered a few times)

Can you post a picture of what the machine is showing on the screen? I trust you reassembled any connectors etc you disconnected when removing the back up battery.

Most likely you just need to reflash the firmware, drop us an email if you need it.

Firmware Update - Printer & Copier Firmware (http://www.copierfirmware.co.uk)

MiCo
01-18-2021, 08:06 PM
Who advised you to remove the battery? terrible advice.

All you needed to do was enter enhanced security mode in CE mode to change the default admin password back to 12345678. (search this site it has been covered a few times)

Can you post a picture of what the machine is showing on the screen? I trust you reassembled any connectors etc you disconnected when removing the back up battery.

Most likely you just need to reflash the firmware, drop us an email if you need it.

Firmware Update - Printer & Copier Firmware (http://www.copierfirmware.co.uk)

What is enhanced security CE mode and how to enter that?
Indeed I reassembled everything
How can I send photos to you. Can't get photo's in here.
What is your e-mail address?

Phil B.
01-18-2021, 08:14 PM

clearly you didn't read the FAQ's for the site uploading images and size of the image is clearly stated here: https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb3_reading_posting#faq_vb3_attachment s

and I agree with Copier Tech.. who ever told you to pull the battery gave you REALLY REALLY bad advice

you might want to review the forum rules of the site: https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/misc.php?do=vsarules

for manual requests: https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/service-manual-requests/

MiCo
01-18-2021, 08:17 PM
As I mentioned the console push buttons don't react any more.
When the firmware is the problem, how to get new firmware when that is available in the machine?

Phil B.
01-18-2021, 08:20 PM
As I mentioned the console push buttons don't react any more.
When the firmware is the problem, how to get new firmware when that is available in the machine?

a ten year tech doesn't know how to flash the firmware from a USB stick? REALLY?

get the manual... read it.

tsbservice
01-18-2021, 08:37 PM
I'm sorry to say that but Phil and copier tech are right. What a terrible advice you have received. To overcome unknown admin password you just need to change it from CE mode.
Btw firmware isn't freely available on most KM machines

allan
01-18-2021, 09:05 PM
I'm sorry to say that but Phil and copier tech are right. What a terrible advice you have received. To overcome unknown admin password you just need to change it from CE mode.
Btw firmware isn't freely available on most KM machines

So get the firmware and flash it. But not sure if it will work. At worst you will need to replace the NVRAM the small board with the battery.
Guess you must specify the model type.
Had it where the battery lost connection or shorted. Then you get the planets.
Let us know if the counters went back to zero. Had that happen before.
Remembered i was also locked out of service mode could not access it.
Don't think it was the same again.

MiCo
01-18-2021, 09:33 PM
a ten year tech doesn't know how to flash the firmware from a USB stick? REALLY?

get the manual... read it.
I have a bunch of manuals, with all technical drawings in it. But it is sometimes hard to find the right part.
First I have to get the firmware somewhere and then hope it will restore what is lost in the PWB-NVRAM
and hopefully the network and buttons of the console will be than restored and a new administrator password can be entered.
There are now for me still so many uncertainties.
Have you experience with power lost on the backup battery board?
Do you know if flashing new firmware will solve that problem?

allan
01-18-2021, 09:47 PM
I have a bunch of manuals, with all technical drawings in it. But it is sometimes hard to find the right part.
First I have to get the firmware somewhere and then hope it will restore what is lost in the PWB-NVRAM
and hopefully the network and buttons of the console will be than restored and a new administrator password can be entered.

Just try it.

Phil B.
01-18-2021, 09:47 PM

1) yes I have replaced the battery .. there are several things you need to do after replacing a dead battery.
2) you could have a defective board which will need to be replaced before the re-flash of firmware
3) most times re-flashing the system firmware will fix it if other components aren't screwed also.
4) firmware can be obtained for a small contribution to keep CTN up and running. https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/vbdonate.php?do=donate but we don't like moochers that request firmware and not contribute with either money or GOOD advice.
5) a contribution will put a contributors badge on your profile which gets you more help and files.

copier tech
01-18-2021, 10:13 PM

CE mode is the 'service mode' for Copier Engineers.

Ping a pic over to us sales@copierfirmware.co.uk

MiCo
01-19-2021, 11:42 AM
CE mode is the 'service mode' for Copier Engineers.

Ping a pic over to us sales@copierfirmware.co.uk

Hi, I just sent an e-mail to sales@copierfirmware.co.uk

MiCo
01-19-2021, 11:48 AM
1) yes I have replaced the battery .. there are several things you need to do after replacing a dead battery.
2) you could have a defective board which will need to be replaced before the re-flash of firmware
3) most times re-flashing the system firmware will fix it if other components aren't screwed also.
4) firmware can be obtained for a small contribution to keep CTN up and running. https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/vbdonate.php?do=donate but we don't like moochers that request firmware and not contribute with either money or GOOD advice.
5) a contribution will put a contributors badge on your profile which gets you more help and files.

I understand I have to buy it from Firmware Update - Printer & Copier Firmware (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/redirect-to/?redirect=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.copierfirmware.co.uk)

Phil B.
01-19-2021, 01:02 PM
I understand I have to buy it from Firmware Update - Printer & Copier Firmware (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/redirect-to/?redirect=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.copierfirmware.co.uk)

no you don't need to purchase from them.

make a small donation to keep CTN up and running. https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/vbdonate.php?do=donate

with the contributor badge on your profile someone will surely help you.

the other way you are paying a tech for those files.

donation to CTN keep this site up n running for ALL people.

copier tech
01-19-2021, 02:02 PM

Payment received, with thanks.

Let me know how you get on & if you need any assistance with installing the firmware.

MiCo
01-19-2021, 02:58 PM
Payment received, with thanks.

Let me know how you get on & if you need any assistance with installing the firmware.

Hi, I have now an old 500Mb pendrive FAT formated, with only in the root the A0EDFW.tar file.
I put in the service USB-port and started the machine.
The only thing I get is alternating red/blue light and the hourglass on display.
See photos
nothing more happens!? What to do?

MiCo
01-19-2021, 03:30 PM
I contributed

Phil B.
01-19-2021, 03:43 PM
I contributed

too late now you could have saved yourself alot of money... $28.99 USD 24 euro when you could have gotten it for $5-10 USD and it wouldn't have been a one time thing.

I tried but you just wouldn't listen... now it's all on you... do you have the manual? wonder how much they will charge you for that? :D

MiCo
01-19-2021, 04:05 PM
too late now you could have saved yourself alot of money... $28.99 USD 24 euro when you could have gotten it for $5-10 USD and it wouldn't have been a one time thing.

I tried but you just wouldn't listen... now it's all on you... do you have the manual? wonder how much they will charge you for that? :D
Sometime one has to pay to learn. But when I pay one doesn't mean I don't want to pay another for helping.
Well, the manual came with the software. But it's huge 1491 pages of text.

avecosat
01-19-2021, 04:30 PM
First you have to put the recovery firmware on the USB and then the firmware

MiCo
01-19-2021, 04:45 PM
First you have to put the recovery firmware on the USB and then the firmware
I have only the A0EDFW.tar file, which file do I need more?

avecosat
01-19-2021, 04:53 PM
When the nvram was changed, the first thing that was put was the recovery, it gave you ok, the machine was turned off and it was started again with the firmware

P.D : the recovery is a tar file like the firmware

MiCo
01-19-2021, 05:14 PM
When the nvram was changed, the first thing that was put was the recovery, it gave you ok, the machine was turned off and it was started again with the firmware

P.D : the recovery is a tar file like the firmware
What is the name of that file for the Bizhub C220?
If this file is necessary, can you or someone else provide me with this file?

Phil B.
01-19-2021, 05:16 PM

hahaha

avecosat
01-19-2021, 05:20 PM
KM gave it to me at the time but I don't have it. When you sent an NVRAM to repair that was the procedure

MiCo
01-19-2021, 05:20 PM
hahaha
?????????????????????????????????????????????

copier tech
01-19-2021, 05:52 PM

No problem, i'll ping it over to you shortly.

MiCo
01-20-2021, 01:41 PM
No problem, i'll ping it over to you shortly.
I have tried the recover software I received. It's a pity, nothing helps.
The machine doesn't load the software, I think.

Should the USB pen drive be bootable?
When bootable, could it be a good idea to take out the hard disk so the machine can only boot from the pen drive?
Should the tar file be extracted to the root?

I lookt at the 250 Gb HD in the system and saw that neither a Windows or Linux computer can "see" the drive.
Is that HD formated in a special way. Can't imagine that the drive would be broken

copier tech
01-20-2021, 01:59 PM
I have tried the recover software I received. It's a pity, nothing helps.
The machine doesn't load the software, I think.

Should the USB pen drive be bootable?
When bootable, could it be a good idea to take out the hard disk so the machine can only boot from the pen drive?
Should the tar file be extracted to the root?

I lookt at the 250 Gb HD in the system and saw that neither a Windows or Linux computer can "see" the drive.
Is that HD formated in a special way. Can't imagine that the drive would be broken

Konica Minolta don't boot off the HDD, it is purely for storage.

Don't change any of the files or partitions on the HDD you will create even more issues!

Try another USB pen, no larger than 4GB.

Synthohol
01-20-2021, 02:31 PM
drive should be formatted FAT32 not FAT IIRC.

MiCo
01-20-2021, 03:05 PM

Don't change any of the files or partitions on the HDD you will create even more issues!

I read someware 2-8Gb pen drive. Your document says max 4Gb.
Because I don't have yest a pen drive between 2-4 Gb.
I used 500 Mb and 8 Gb pen drive.
So I have to go after a 2 Gb pen drive
(A little bit hard in a total Corona lock down)
Ok, I will try something.
Till later

copier tech
01-20-2021, 03:10 PM
I read someware 2-8Gb pen drive. Your document says max 4Gb.
Because I don't have yest a pen drive between 2-4 Gb.
I used 500 Mb and 8 Gb pen drive.
So I have to go after a 2 Gb pen drive
(A little bit hard in a total Corona lock down)
Ok, I will try something.
Till later

That document was taken from the service manual, but you may find the 8GB pen works fine.

MiCo
01-20-2021, 03:32 PM
That document was taken from the service manual, but you may find the 8GB pen works fine.

Until now, nothing works. Even the 8Gb doesn't work. Still an hour glass on display and flashing blue orange light.
Thought it needed time to load but even after 4 hr waiting, nothing helps.
Could it be that the software for loading the pen drive is on the HD en the HD is not proper working?
My computer couldn't detect the HD when I took it out of the printer en tried to look what is on it.
Does the HD has a special KM format?
For the moment I am still stuck.

Saw on Source Batterij voor Konica Minolta Bizhub C360 C452 C363 SSD Card on m.alibaba.com (https://m.dutch.alibaba.com/p-detail/detail-60460719169.html) that they sell a battery(board?) for 29 euro,
Could that be a solution?

MiCo
01-20-2021, 03:34 PM
[QUOTE=MiCo;1666480]Until now, nothing works. Even the 8Gb doesn't work. Still an hour glass on display and flashing blue orange light.
Could it be that the software for loading the pen drive is on the HD en the HD is not proper working?
My computer couldn't detect the HD when I took it out of the printer en tried to look what is on it.

Saw on Source Batterij voor Konica Minolta Bizhub C360 C452 C363 SSD Card on m.alibaba.com (https://m.dutch.alibaba.com/p-detail/detail-60460719169.html)
Source Batterij voor Konica Minolta Bizhub C360 C452 C363 SSD Card on m.alibaba.com (https://m.dutch.alibaba.com/p-detail/detail-60460719169.html)
that they sell a battery(board?) for 29 euro,

avecosat
01-20-2021, 04:17 PM
Try soldering the battery again

Hansoon
01-20-2021, 05:23 PM
[QUOTE=MiCo;1666480]Until now, nothing works. Even the 8Gb doesn't work. Still an hour glass on display and flashing blue orange light.

Saw on Source Batterij voor Konica Minolta Bizhub C360 C452 C363 SSD Card on m.alibaba.com (https://m.dutch.alibaba.com/p-detail/detail-60460719169.html)
Source Batterij voor Konica Minolta Bizhub C360 C452 C363 SSD Card on m.alibaba.com (https://m.dutch.alibaba.com/p-detail/detail-60460719169.html)
that they sell a battery(board?) for 29 euro,

No, I don't think so.

Je mag mij een PM sturen. Ik denk dat de oplossing in een andere richting moet gaan maar ik kan dat hier niet openleggen.

Hans

Synthohol
01-20-2021, 05:37 PM
If the tar file fits on the USB a smaller drive should work.
Just to cover the basics in case I missed it, you are using the service port under the sliding plate right?
The xxxxxx.tar file is in the root of the drive intact not uncompressed and lastly the drive is formatted FAT32.
THANKS.

Also the hdd is in Linux and has several partitions.
If I'm wiping a copier hdd I go into disk management, remove all the partitions create a single partition but DO NOT FORMAT IT. THE MACHINE WILL DO THAT LATER.

allan
01-20-2021, 07:26 PM
Where are you plugging in that USB drive?
Are you using the service port, the one that needs to be exposed by removing a screw and opening the shutter?

copier tech
01-20-2021, 09:28 PM
Where are you plugging in that USB drive?
Are you using the service port, the one that needs to be exposed by removing a screw and opening the shutter?

He posted he is using the service USB slot & he has access to the service manual so I would assume so.

MiCo
01-21-2021, 09:14 AM
[QUOTE=MiCo;1666483]

No, I don't think so.

Je mag mij een PM sturen. Ik denk dat de oplossing in een andere richting moet gaan maar ik kan dat hier niet openleggen.

Hans
Hans, ik heb je een PM gestuurd.

MiCo
01-21-2021, 09:15 AM
Try soldering the battery again
checked the soldering. Nothing wrong with that.

MiCo
01-21-2021, 09:17 AM
I tried FAT16 and FAT32, didn't help

MiCo
01-21-2021, 09:19 AM

Tried a 2 Gb USB pen, doesn't work

MiCo
01-21-2021, 09:21 AM
Tried FAT16 and FAT32 nothing works

MiCo
01-21-2021, 09:24 AM
He posted he is using the service USB slot & he has access to the service manual so I would assume so.

indeed I am using the service port

copier tech
01-21-2021, 10:31 AM
Here's a long shot, leave the firmware in the service slot.

Shut the machine down, must use the power switch inside the front door NOT the one on the control panel.

Hold down the counter/utility key keep this held down & power the machine on, wait for the trouble reset button to appear, choose OK, power off, wait 10 seconds power on again only using the switch inside the front door.

First format it like in this pic

Then copy the .tar file so your USB pen contents should looks like this.

MiCo
01-21-2021, 11:33 AM

Shut the machine down, must use the power switch inside the front door NOT the one on the control panel.

Hold down the counter/utility key keep this held down & power the machine on, wait for the trouble reset button to appear, choose OK, power off, wait 10 seconds power on again only using the switch inside the front door.

I'll give it a try, later this afternoon. Have zoom session at 13:00
I am using Linux Mint. The USB pen looks like on the pictures.4795247953

copier tech
01-21-2021, 12:06 PM
I'll give it a try, later this afternoon. Have zoom session at 13:00
I am using Linux Mint. The USB pen looks like on the pictures.4795247953

I've never used a MAC to create a FW USB, if you have access to a Windows PC you could also try that.

MiCo
01-21-2021, 01:52 PM

I think the counter/utility is the yellow button, right?. Did what you wrote, but get still the hour glass flashing.
As I wrote before, I have the idea that the console buttons don't work anymore.
So also the counter/utility button is not working.
It still a hard job to get this machine to live again.

Custom Search