PDA

View Full Version : Kyocera KM-4050/Bugs printed on hundreds of pages

Custom Search

robra
11-17-2008, 08:42 AM
Hello,

One question for you guys: I have a printer (http://tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=1513200&page=1#) a Kyocera KM-4050,
put in network at my job and sometimes it start to print hundred of pages, with different letters and numbers which does not make any sense, and i don't see the jobs in the spooler also just in the printer menu, so if you met something like this and you can help me with a solution or sugestion it would mean a lot.

Regards

dogsbody
11-17-2008, 09:23 AM
with out knowing your network I would say that someone is printing with an incompatible print driver. the printer will print pages like this when it doesn't understand what the driver has sent.
you or your IT will have to check each workstation and make sure the correct driver is installed.

cheers.

KyoSpec
11-17-2008, 12:35 PM
Have to agree with Dogsbady! The safest option would be to either change the machines IP Address and change the KM-4050 print driver, to print to the new address
Or if the Network is running DHCP, print to the KM-4050's Host name and switch ON DHCP via the Advanced section on the machine's browser. (found by entering the IP address of the machine in the address window of your internet browser window) or this can also be set in the network settings in the machines menu.

tmaged
11-17-2008, 12:59 PM
Machines will sometimes print these lines of "garbage" if a machine was powered off when the print job was sent. It will sit in the queue for a while, rather than error out, then print garbage.

robra
11-18-2008, 09:42 AM
I have changed the IP of the printer yesterday and it worked just fine but this morning i found again on the printer menu about 4-5 jobs each having 1418 pages to be printed, the last thing i should do i think like you said to change the printer driver......do you know how can i see which version of the printer is installed i use windows server 2003....

Regards

robra
11-18-2008, 12:24 PM
I checked the driver version of the printer on the server and it has the newest one, and on the users computers it is not installed any printer because the printer is shared from the server........so any idea......??????

Kind Regards

Mark B
11-18-2008, 05:52 PM
Change the PDL.

blackcat4866
11-19-2008, 02:20 AM
Make sure that the printer emulation is set to Auto. Then it won't matter if print jobs come in as PostScript or PCL. The printer will autoconfigue.

The easiest place to make this change is in Command Center (the web interface).

11-19-2008, 04:11 AM
If the problem continues, reload your print driver, even if you have the latest version installed.

blackcat4866
11-20-2008, 02:12 AM
Newest print driver doesn't mean bug-free. I am not aware of any bugs in the CS-4050 driver version 4.4.0403

I can probably help you track down a different driver if you'd like to try an older version or the KPDL mini driver. =^..^=

robra
11-20-2008, 07:39 AM
My driver version is 4.1.2413........and is the last version what i found on their website.....maybe you can help me with another driver you tested....and it worked fine

robra
11-20-2008, 08:04 AM
I've just changed the emulation to AUTO on one of the 2 printers and now the only thing is to wait and see if something hapens.....

robra
11-21-2008, 09:50 AM
After changing the emulation to AUTO the problem still persists, today i had around 20-30 jobs with hundred of pages with bugs.....maybe you can help me with the driver you said.....thank you

Regards

milan
02-02-2009, 01:16 PM
It is a network virus called marioforever, this virus is hiding on the shared folder of your computer and sending print to a printer. try to have the latest anti virus. It happening to us and after cleaning it is not coming back again.

cboucher
02-03-2009, 12:24 AM
I checked the driver version of the printer on the server and it has the newest one, and on the users computers it is not installed any printer because the printer is shared from the server........so any idea......??????

Kind Regards

Delete the printer on the server and reinstall the driver. The current installation of the driver may be corrupted. Good luck...

02-03-2009, 01:23 AM
It is a network virus called marioforever, this virus is hiding on the shared folder of your computer and sending print to a printer. try to have the latest anti virus. It happening to us and after cleaning it is not coming back again.

I have heard of this virus but haven't encountered it. It would be interesting to see it. but I would still start but removing what is probably a corrupt driver

Custom Search