PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta Bizhub C454 falsely saying low Cyan but it's full & very light prints_

Custom Search

patterson70
01-19-2021, 04:55 AM
Hello, this is a re-post of a few days ago that I had to re-create due to ending my title with the word "Print". It appears if you do that you cannot reply to anyone offering help because you get the print-only version with no place to reply.

So, the problem with the machine is very light prints even with a full cyan toner. Thank you rrrohan and Copier Tech for your suggestions. Also Copier Tech for the attachment.

I have to admit I do not understand the attachment diagram too well. I could not get the front panel off. I took out the screws but it was not coming out.

Am I missing something? I am wondering how often the toner hopper(s) go bad?

Machine has 458K on it and I am a new tech on it without any prior service history. I am wondering if the user reset the drum and DV replacement warnings and what I am dealing with is just an old Drum and DV unit(s)?

Lastly, the Cyan DV Unit looked empty when you look into the tube that feeds it toner. Is that supposed to be full?

rrrohan
01-19-2021, 07:10 AM
If you think the dev is the issue you can check the Toner to Carrier ratio in service mode

should be about 6%

If the ratio is low you can attempt to add toner via service mode

I suspect the drum has shorted on the dev causing it to suck dev and Id be replacing both drum and dev at same time.

I recall someone once pointing out that if dev was sucked the WTB will be heavier than normal

copier tech
01-19-2021, 10:53 AM
Hello, this is a re-post of a few days ago that I had to re-create due to ending my title with the word "Print". It appears if you do that you cannot reply to anyone offering help because you get the print-only version with no place to reply.

So, the problem with the machine is very light prints even with a full cyan toner. Thank you rrrohan and Copier Tech for your suggestions. Also Copier Tech for the attachment.

I have to admit I do not understand the attachment diagram too well. I could not get the front panel off. I took out the screws but it was not coming out.

Machine has 458K on it and I am a new tech on it without any prior service history. I am wondering if the user reset the drum and DV replacement warnings and what I am dealing with is just an old Drum and DV unit(s)?

Lastly, the Cyan DV Unit looked empty when you look into the tube that feeds it toner. Is that supposed to be full?

Its about 12 screws, the front cover & the small inner cover (3 screws) or read the service manual.

Max
01-19-2021, 08:34 PM
If toner hopper is empty check the bottle is turning through manual toner supply. If turning OK then it's probably hopper issue. Is the mag roller evenly covered or patchy? If patchy try replacing dev unit and drum at the same time.

patterson70
01-20-2021, 08:29 PM
If toner hopper is empty check the bottle is turning through manual toner supply. If turning OK then it's probably hopper issue. Is the mag roller evenly covered or patchy? If patchy try replacing dev unit and drum at the same time.

Thanks to all. Could you direct me as to how activate the manual toner supply? I know on the Ricohs but not sure on KMs. I know how to get into Service Mode but from there cannot find it.

tsbservice
01-20-2021, 08:36 PM
Thanks to all. Could you direct me as to how activate the manual toner supply? I know on the Ricohs but not sure on KMs. I know how to get into Service Mode but from there cannot find it.

Did you check what copier tech adviced? You will also eventually need to actually read this service manual because it's going a bit complicated if you don't have experience on Konicas.

Phil B.
01-20-2021, 08:39 PM

this isn't something you want to stumble into blindly...

you have been told to Read The Fucking Manual ... best advice you could heed.

copier tech
01-20-2021, 09:33 PM
this isn't something you want to stumble into blindly...

you have been told to Read The Fucking Manual ... best advice you could heed.

As harsh as this reply is, this will be your best bet rather than wait for a reply, especially if you are in a different time zone.

Phil B.
01-21-2021, 12:54 AM
As harsh as this reply is, this will be your best bet rather than wait for a reply, especially if you are in a different time zone.

Yes I can be 'harsh ' but reality has to set in at sometime
We have all have that time when we're just beat.
Some come to know that.. others just can't.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

patterson70
01-21-2021, 01:37 AM
Yes I can be 'harsh ' but reality has to set in at sometime
We have all have that time when we're just beat.
Some come to know that.. others just can't.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

My apologies. I don't have a service manual and many times service manuals leave a lot of critical info out. All about protecting Tech's jobs. I get that. I am an independent and I have seen other independents treated this way on other forums as well. We are the competition I know.
Looks like you have better luck if you are a Konica Trained Tech to ask questions on this Forum. Thanks for heading me in the right direction though.

CP-1015
01-21-2021, 06:54 AM
Service Mode
Imaging Process Adjustment
Manual Toner Add

But first I would like to see:
State Confirmation
Level History 1
Level History 2

and if there many
C-2552

copier tech
01-21-2021, 10:12 AM
My apologies. I don't have a service manual and many times service manuals leave a lot of critical info out. All about protecting Tech's jobs. I get that. I am an independent and I have seen other independents treated this way on other forums as well. We are the competition I know.
Looks like you have better luck if you are a Konica Trained Tech to ask questions on this Forum. Thanks for heading me in the right direction though.
Here is the service manual so have a read.

https://mega.nz/file/lQ0kWZTY#cCnN-5vwvK_HqtQW30TeJB6yW5BLafTWIu4DPiD8MgQ

Search for manual add toner. Now see my previous post, take off the inner front cover & remove the white cap, cheat the front door, run manual toner add check if the cyan hopper is driving, clean that white cap before you fit it back can get clogged with compacted toner.

REGSIS
01-22-2021, 06:48 AM

First thing you should do is to take out cyan developing unit and visualy check toner brush on magnet roller.
If it is evenly covered than youa are dealing with toner hopper issue. Mainly that is sorted out with replacement of front white bushings (modified).
Most of cyan issues goes to overlife drum sparking and depleting developer, or charge corona dusted with cyan toner.
On high meter machines it is recommended to set TCR value for Cyan to -1 under Image process adjustment.
Clean drum unit or replace.
Replace devC if there's no brus on magnet roller.

patterson70
01-22-2021, 03:19 PM
First thing you should do is to take out cyan developing unit and visualy check toner brush on magnet roller.
If it is evenly covered than youa are dealing with toner hopper issue. Mainly that is sorted out with replacement of front white bushings (modified).
Most of cyan issues goes to overlife drum sparking and depleting developer, or charge corona dusted with cyan toner.
On high meter machines it is recommended to set TCR value for Cyan to -1 under Image process adjustment.
Clean drum unit or replace.
Replace devC if there's no brus on magnet roller.

Many thanks to all! I will be getting by the account again soon and will report back. This forum is "most excellent"!

patterson70
01-22-2021, 05:28 PM
I should have also mentioned that the display shows to add cyan toner even though the toner is a full genuine KM.

Custom Search