PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta bizhub C258 image quality problem

Custom Search

Ihar
01-19-2021, 07:29 AM
I have Konica Minolta bizhub C258 with image quality problem (some colored stripes on the fill) - see on foto.
Total pages printing count is 229k.

what do you think - what is the problem of image quality?
How can i see the drum units count?

Bix
01-19-2021, 08:19 AM
With that counter, at least once you should have changed all the drums. It really depends on if you have printed a lot of color.
The signs do not seem continuous, it could also be the transfer belt.

tsbservice
01-19-2021, 08:43 AM
If you have manual go and read there about Fusing Transport Speed setting adjustment then you can experiment a bit with changing the settings.

blackcat4866
01-20-2021, 12:24 AM
+1 on the primary transfer belt. I saw a similar anomaly on a bizhub 808 ... light gem-like quadrilateral shapes ... no discernible repetitive pattern, and on this machine was 200% of life on the transfer belt assy. =^..^=

allan
01-20-2021, 12:42 AM
Make sure the laser slit glasses are clean. Print CMYK half-tone at 127 and post that. If the lines match up on all four prints the transfer belt could be toast. The transfer belts can fail way before yield if a lot of card stock goes thru the machine. See failures from around 100K.

If you don't have a manual get one.

Ihar
01-21-2021, 12:49 PM
The laser slit glasses are clean - I cleaned it with brush on the back side of the front door.
I think the problem is with C and M Drum Unit (not with transfer belt, because black and yellow test pages look good).

allan
01-21-2021, 05:12 PM
The laser slit glasses are clean - I cleaned it with brush on the back side of the front door.
I think the problem is with C and M Drum Unit (not with transfer belt, because black and yellow test pages look good).

At gradient 255 the color almost always looks great. Set it to around 125 then the detail will show a lot better.

blackcat4866
01-22-2021, 01:22 AM
I disagree on the drums.

There are four unique primary charge rollers in the primary transfer belt unit. One for each color CMYK. =^..^=

BillyCarpenter
01-22-2021, 03:42 AM
I disagree on the drums.

There are four unique primary charge rollers in the primary transfer belt unit. One for each color CMYK. =^..^=

I was examining the transfer belt for a Kyocera the other day and I noticed that it has 4 primary charge rollers. I assumed that is for the purpose of charging the upper length of the belt. It appears that would be incorrect. Let me take a guess.

The individual colors need a different charge on the belt because of the different properties of each color toner? Just a guess.

Ihar
01-22-2021, 06:13 AM
I don't have service manual for this model and cann't see Drum Unit count life status. Anybody know how to see it?
The new one (Drum unit A7U40TD DR-313 YMC) has only 55k pages (or it's mine diller mistake)?

konicavod
01-22-2021, 09:39 AM
cann't see Drum Unit count life status.
you can use web interface for it.

blackcat4866
01-22-2021, 12:37 PM
I was examining the transfer belt for a Kyocera the other day and I noticed that it has 4 primary charge rollers. I assumed that is for the purpose of charging the upper length of the belt. It appears that would be incorrect. Let me take a guess.

The individual colors need a different charge on the belt because of the different properties of each color toner? Just a guess.

Sorry, no. Each primary transfer roller transfers the single color image CMYK from each drum to the primary transfer belt. There is a mechanism to lift the CMY primary transfer rollers away from the drum when black only images are being made. On every machine I've ever worked on the (4) primary rollers are identical. There are other rollers called "facing rollers" that tension the belt.
=^..^=

Ihar
02-16-2021, 11:20 AM
Replacing the Drum Unit gave a result. Left one is before replacing - right one is after.

fornerm
02-16-2021, 12:11 PM
Hi,this is interesting, i have the exact same problem with a 308 since yesterday.After I have done all the standard things, even change ITB, DV Units looking good, the following happens when changing the drum ..... see pictures ......
Before with stripes and dots, then still dots, at the moment I can't get any further .....
And another interssting thing, the old Drums looking good as well, stripes also go partly diagonally

There have been reports of a blown HV plastic block near the drive. Can that be?
Any Idea ?

mfg Markus

CP-1015
02-16-2021, 12:44 PM
How can i see the drum units count?

bit switch 227 hex 00

Ihar
02-16-2021, 12:56 PM
you can use web interface for it.
I used web interface, but there were only information about toner cartridge count and life.

bit switch 227 hex 00
Bit swich where? In firmware? I don't understand your post.

Ihar
02-16-2021, 01:01 PM
Hi,this is interesting, i have the exact same problem with a 308 since yesterday.After I have done all the standard things, even change ITB, DV Units looking good, the following happens when changing the drum ..... see pictures ......
Before with stripes and dots, then still dots, at the moment I can't get any further .....
And another interssting thing, the old Drums looking good as well, stripes also go partly diagonally

There have been reports of a blown HV plastic block near the drive. Can that be?
Any Idea ?

mfg Markus

Have you changed drum unit with the new one or replacing with the another color drum? Your second image looks like my first (before).

fornerm
02-16-2021, 01:15 PM
Change with new one. On Magenta ist the same ...... Yellow ist ok, a little bit with dots, but without stripes....

TiBa
02-16-2021, 01:27 PM
Have you changed drum unit with the new one or replacing with the another color drum? Your second image looks like my first (before).

please also think of the development unit ... these could be used up

femaster
02-17-2021, 04:02 AM

Any Idea ?

mfg Markus

While I've not experienced this on an Cxx8 series yet, the dots you are seeing on the after sample look exactly like the dots I've seen on a few C552's when the ITB is used well beyond it's life. Junk builds up on the roller(s) under the belt and causes those spots. Replacing the belt has fixed the issue for me every time.

Now I see that you indicate you have already replaced the ITB. Was the new ITB installed when you created the second image above after changing out the drum? The magenta streaking on the bottom of that sample is also a bit disconcerting.

CP-1015
02-17-2021, 06:59 AM
I used web interface, but there were only information about toner cartridge count and life.

Bit swich where? In firmware? I don't understand your post.

Software switch

fornerm
02-17-2021, 10:44 AM
Hello femaster,
yes, Pictures after is install a new ITB, Lines on Magente, i know ist on Drum Surface, whats ok,
only if I can't get the points off, the stripe is irrelevant, insterresting thing, well next days Machine go in my Office,
ich have Space and Light, so i can search .......

ofitiu
01-23-2024, 02:52 PM
I have a Bizhub C250i and it has a cloudy print.
I changed the drums, the toner, the transfer belt and the developing unit for black. Does anyone know what the issue could be?

Custom Search