PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Bizhub C554e

Custom Search

Jakobi
01-19-2021, 12:22 PM
Did anybody encounter this error code? C-FD60 (suppose it is an abort code). After reboot (himself) it continues to work. (for how long?)
So i'm going to check/change HDD, memory module.( my guess).
And yes i've read the manual. no luck there.
Any opinion about this?

Thank you.

rrrohan
01-19-2021, 12:33 PM
try this thread C364e issue 2 sided adf. Has dual scanner. CFD60 (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/81622-c364e-issue-2-sided-adf-has-dual-scanner-cfd60.html)

Jakobi
01-20-2021, 01:38 PM
Visited the copier and check HDD and memory modules: everything seems to be ok.
But. from time to time (can't find a patten) the back of the print is striped.

like above
i suspect the cable (like rrrohan sugested )
i will deal whith that tomorrow: changing whole DADF from another machine, so i can eliminate any problem from this part.
keep you posted.

Jakobi
01-22-2021, 12:41 PM
Changed DADF (DF-701) whith one from another working machine.
Changed dual scan board (the board that black video connector is inserted)
Works for a few thousan copies, than again that damn background on back of the page.
no hint no nothing....:mad:

tsbservice
01-24-2021, 03:42 PM
Changed DADF (DF-701) whith one from another working machine.
Changed dual scan board (the board that black video connector is inserted)
Works for a few thousan copies, than again that damn background on back of the page.
no hint no nothing....:mad:

Then you may have to bite the bullet and replace MFPB.

copier tech
01-24-2021, 11:43 PM
Did anybody encounter this error code? C-FD60 (suppose it is an abort code). After reboot (himself) it continues to work. (for how long?)
So i'm going to check/change HDD, memory module.( my guess).
And yes i've read the manual. no luck there.
Any opinion about this?

Thank you.

Most likely firmware is corrupt simply update.

Firmware Update - Printer & Copier Firmware (http://www.copierfirmware.co.uk)

Bix
01-25-2021, 02:56 PM

It could be RAM too

Jakobi
01-26-2021, 08:28 AM
Then you may have to bite the bullet and replace MFPB.

yes. i have that uncomfortable feeling. but i want to try changing that flat cable who connect to the MFPB too. i want to see if that will be the problem.
Keep posted.

Jakobi
01-26-2021, 08:30 AM

This is a good ideea. i'll try this next time.

Jakobi
01-26-2021, 08:36 AM
It could be RAM too

Ive change it already. twice. no luck. and The HDD whith cables ( once )

so like tbservice said i've bite A bullet...

Gift
01-26-2021, 12:10 PM
Updateing/Reloading Firmware won't hurt indeed. Are the boards and RAM contacts clean? I had a case where the cooling airflow causes some sticky dust built up at the backside of a controller board leading to image corruption. It's also possible to downgrade a C554e with an ARDF in case the customer plays along with that idea. Had a customer complaining about different scan quality between fron / backside scan - a downgrade was the only solution to assure an even image reproduction ;)

Jakobi
01-27-2021, 07:23 AM
I've clean the dual scan board whith pressure air until looks OK. ( not quite dusty but let's do things by the book ). RAM modules, air + clean the contacts whith eraser.
Still not changed comm. flat cable between this board and MFPB; did not updated firmware.
After a long talk whith operator, one thing may be relevant: problem seem to be at jobs whith motre than let's say 10 pages.
Scan/print/copy joobs whith let's say 2-3 pages they are OK.
And it is not a temperature difference problem: cold at start-up and hotter after a hour of work. (not quite an constant temperature room).

Bix
01-27-2021, 07:56 AM
How cold is it? The polygons of the laser unit may be blocked or obstructed

Jakobi
01-27-2021, 09:32 AM
How cold is it? The polygons of the laser unit may be blocked or obstructed

It is not SO cold. And if I have a laser unit problem then all prints must have that background/stripes/whatever. But in my case it will appear ONLY on second side of the page, ONLY on DADF copy, from time to time; I have not a pattern yet.

copier tech
01-27-2021, 10:13 AM
I've clean the dual scan board whith pressure air until looks OK. ( not quite dusty but let's do things by the book ). RAM modules, air + clean the contacts whith eraser.
Still not changed comm. flat cable between this board and MFPB; did not updated firmware.
After a long talk whith operator, one thing may be relevant: problem seem to be at jobs whith motre than let's say 10 pages.
Scan/print/copy joobs whith let's say 2-3 pages they are OK.
And it is not a temperature difference problem: cold at start-up and hotter after a hour of work. (not quite an constant temperature room).

Why did you not update the firmware? this should be the FIRST thing you try before replacing ANY boards.

Custom Search