PDA

View Full Version : Konica with IPDS

Custom Search

tulintron
01-19-2021, 02:01 PM
Good morning everyone.

IPDS protocol.

Any Konica Office, Pro, Press or Accurio that have native IPDS?

Old protocol, but secure in relation to data. I need a Konica printer or some troubleshooting tool for my problem.

Thanks.

Synthohol
01-19-2021, 02:08 PM
there are a few printers that support it natively but we have a few customers running blue server.
works great.
(AS400 environments)

Blue Server offers the following key benefits;
 Converts AFPDS, IPDS, SCS data stream to PCL, PostScript, PDF, PDF/A, TIFF, BMP, PPML
 Searchable PDF generation with Index and encryption for easy archiving/retrieval
 Automatic overlay insert (ideal for impact printer / pre-printed forms replacement)
 Enhance PCL workflow to add overlays, barcodes, images, logos, or special features
 Very high speed conversion for production environment up to 10,000 pages per minute (depending
on server and application)

emujo2
01-19-2021, 02:44 PM
W have successfuly used the MP3 Linkcom device for this. MP3 supprt is wondefull as well. Took some time to get the hang of the interface, but works very well. E

Synthohol
01-19-2021, 06:06 PM
W have successfuly used the MP3 Linkcom device for this. MP3 supprt is wondefull as well. Took some time to get the hang of the interface, but works very well. E

Yeah we used them at first but when they bought 30 more machines blue server was the best choice.
Writing the string of prescribe and importing it was not fun.

allan
01-19-2021, 07:28 PM
Used it on a Press 1250 for pre-printed forms with variable data, customers software did all of it. Think i had to enable something along the way.
So I think it is native to that model.

Custom Search