PDA

View Full Version : F-26-03 Konica 7145

Custom Search

prntrfxr
11-17-2008, 02:25 PM
Replace DV - same error code. What does the 03 code exactly mean? I'd rather not change the TDS unless I have to. It wont let me calibrate the DV either. I've cleaned the machine really good. Any ideas? I'm not really familiar with Konica machines.

Luther
11-17-2008, 03:55 PM
Make sure the PCL's are plugged in on the drum unit,(2 pin connector) they are attached to the charge assembly , also make sure all the dv unit gears are turning, hope this helps

Luther
11-17-2008, 04:32 PM
Also clean the sensor on the drum unit, you need to remove the drum and the sensor is located below the cleaning blade wipe it with a dry cloth there might be toner or setting powder on it, good luck

ebm
11-17-2008, 08:48 PM
This code pops up if you try use aftermarket drum, too.

big jase
11-17-2008, 08:52 PM
i have had this problem when main motor M1 is not turning,,winding on motor work loose so M1 doe'nt turn (drum motor)

minimerlin
11-17-2008, 10:41 PM
This can be caused by the TDS going bad or even the harness being trapped and grounded...check the harness on the dev unit!

redime
11-17-2008, 11:02 PM
This can be caused by the TDS going bad or even the harness being trapped and grounded...check the harness on the dev unit!
Yup, can be a pinched or poorly operating TDS, can also be a bad TCSB on the drum unit - can be a flipped blade, M1 motor having a bad solder point -- and can even be the board.

smiley
11-19-2008, 04:59 AM
yup thy are right but when your motor is good you have to focus in developer.but try to disable the toner detection.:)

Gergő
11-19-2008, 08:58 AM
PROBLEM:

Door message, code 0003 with F26-03 code.

Content CAUSE: Thermistor was shorted out, causing relay 1 on the power supply to trip. This results in the loss of 24v to front door switch and boards.

SOLUTION: Replace the Thermistor ( p/n 26NA88011). TH1 and TH2 are on the same harness.

Solution provided by Don St.Onge - SSD Windsor.

minimerlin
11-19-2008, 08:44 PM
PROBLEM:

Door message, code 0003 with F26-03 code.

Content CAUSE: Thermistor was shorted out, causing relay 1 on the power supply to trip. This results in the loss of 24v to front door switch and boards.

SOLUTION: Replace the Thermistor ( p/n 26NA88011). TH1 and TH2 are on the same harness.

Solution provided by Don St.Onge - SSD Windsor.
I cannot fathom were this can refer to a thermistor problem!!

smiley
11-20-2008, 01:26 AM
i have 100 of unit of this machine on the field but i never incounter 26-3 cause by thermistor.maybe you refering on 36-3.:)

pepper38_cnd
11-20-2008, 02:27 AM
Replace DV - same error code. What does the 03 code exactly mean? I'd rather not change the TDS unless I have to. It wont let me calibrate the DV either. I've cleaned the machine really good. Any ideas? I'm not really familiar with Konica machines.

I don't really get the reluctance to change the TDS as that is what the error points to; But you may want to remove the toner hopper and clean it out thoroughly make sure it works properly, also make sure all HV ( Ch and T/S are working ) then do another dev change and see if L detect will run. But honestly the TDS is much cheaper than Developer.

prntrfxr
11-20-2008, 12:40 PM
think its the motor controller board. motor wont turn but its a good motor. will let you know how it turns out. thanks guys, for all your help. hope I can return the favor someday

konikilla
11-20-2008, 10:22 PM
F26-03 Error

The toner density sensor (TDS) has failed to detect ripple output of 0.5 volts.

You have many areas this could be in, but it most likely to be the TDS sensor if you have already changed the dev. Do a quick check to see if the main dev mag roller is turning by cleaning the dev off one end (don't remove it, just push it into the middle a bit and stick it back in then start up the machine and see if the clean area is covered over with dev again when the error code shows up.

If it is covered over again with dev then the dev is turning.

You should be then looking to change the TDS.

Or if this fails and espceially on older or high volume machines you could be looking at the dev unit bushings getting clogged up with toner and slowing down the dev unit speed causing a lower voltage output. This will require a lenghty and laborious strip down and clean-up of the dev unit or a complete dev unit replacement.

If it isn't turning you should check the driver board to the right of the main/system board. This board provides the power to the motor that drives the dev unit and it is very common for one of it's fuses to fail (especially the one that powers the paper feed motor). With a multi-meter check any component on the board marked with the letters ICP (Integrated Circuit Protecter). An example would be (ICP7, ICP4) there is about 13 or 14. These are basically small fuses which you can buy in any decent electronics shop and can easily replaced with a soldering iron and a pair of pliers.

If all this fails your looking at the motor or the main system board (OACB)

Custom Search