PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Konica Minolta C368 Color Print Restriction

Custom Search

mearmi
01-20-2021, 04:17 AM
Hi All

Is there any easiest way to restrict Color prints for all the users (There are approx. 13 users) without login. They only should be able to print black.

And Manager can only print color.

Kindly advise

Thanks for your help

tulintron
01-20-2021, 12:07 PM
Choose the black option as default and hide the function by disabling dipsw

tsbservice
01-20-2021, 01:25 PM
There is mono version of print driver.

blackcat4866
01-20-2021, 11:48 PM
Leave me to state the obvious: use logins.
=^..^=

mearmi
01-21-2021, 09:00 AM
There is mono version of print driver.

Best and simple way.

Many Thanks

emujo2
01-21-2021, 01:55 PM
The B&W driver is a good idea, but you say the manager needs to print in color, so now you need 2 drivers..My advice would be to turn on user authenticaiton, allow the public user and give it rights to copy/print B&W, restrict color. Create on account and give mgr code to allow printing in color where needed..Without some form of authentication you leave the copier wide open for anyone with a small amount of knowledge to find a color driver and use it to print in color. Users would have seemless B&W printing (even if they choose color it will be processed B&W), walkup users cannot select color, and the one person that needs to print/copy in color can as needed. 1 driver to rule them all. E

Firmaware
01-21-2021, 09:04 PM
I would use also user authentification.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G980F mit Tapatalk

mearmi
01-21-2021, 11:59 PM
The B&W driver is a good idea, but you say the manager needs to print in color, so now you need 2 drivers..My advice would be to turn on user authenticaiton, allow the public user and give it rights to copy/print B&W, restrict color. Create on account and give mgr code to allow printing in color where needed..Without some form of authentication you leave the copier wide open for anyone with a small amount of knowledge to find a color driver and use it to print in color. Users would have seemless B&W printing (even if they choose color it will be processed B&W), walkup users cannot select color, and the one person that needs to print/copy in color can as needed. 1 driver to rule them all. E

Nice.

Thanks a lot

kopasz
04-07-2023, 07:48 PM
Choose the black option as default and hide the function by disabling dipsw

Which dipsw to disabling the function ?

Custom Search