PDA

View Full Version : Bad network connection

Custom Search

rrrohan
01-21-2021, 02:19 AM
I have a C308 with glitchy network

It can print ok

It can scan to SMB ok

But scan to Office365 via direct send fails. 4 other copiers on site use identical settings and work fine.

Also if i put on DHCP it fails to obtain a IP. Laptop connected on same port with same cable works fine obtaining IP

I cant access copiers web interface/remote panel or access it via data admin.

Ping drops about 15% of the time

Ping using laptop on same port works with no drops.

I did a network settings reset in service mode but it didnt help.

Is it time for a MFPB?

allan
01-21-2021, 03:33 AM
Does it have the latest and greatest firmware?
Any CFA14 or CE301 in the history?
Have you done self diagnostics on it?

Synthohol
01-21-2021, 03:34 AM
Set the network speed to 100 speed duplex.
I find most routers now autonegotiate the speed.
Modern nic cards in copiers do the same.
Sometimes they can't agree on a speed and ignore each other.
Also a network initialization can help.

copier tech
01-21-2021, 11:52 AM

It can print ok

It can scan to SMB ok

But scan to Office365 via direct send fails. 4 other copiers on site use identical settings and work fine.

Also if i put on DHCP it fails to obtain a IP. Laptop connected on same port with same cable works fine obtaining IP

Is it time for a MFPB?

If your laptop connects fine then most likely the copier is OK.

Can you wheel the machine & swap it with another copier you say is working fine? This will confirm it's not the wall LAN socket or switch etc the copier is connected to.

bsm2
01-21-2021, 12:19 PM
Have you tried changing the Ip address to a new one yet?

BillyCarpenter
01-21-2021, 12:50 PM

It can print ok

It can scan to SMB ok

Is it time for a MFPB?

Based on what you're saying, it points to a bad NIC. But like Synthohol suggested make sure that the copier is set on the correct speed setting for the network it's on. You may also want to try another port on the switch.

emujo2
01-21-2021, 01:46 PM
Scan to SMB and printing work, but you suspect a NIC??? 1st off what is the reason for the failure? Login error, server connect?? Office 365 is a finicky beast..Before you go spending $$$ on control boards..Check SSL settings, DNS and domain settings, from address, gateway (this would be my prime suspect as internal comms seem to work but getting to Office365.com fails). Have you done a Tracert to the offic 365 server? Do your ping statistics include a laptop directly connected to the MFP or just over the network?? E

BillyCarpenter
01-21-2021, 03:04 PM
Scan to SMB and printing work, but you suspect a NIC??? 1st off what is the reason for the failure? Login error, server connect?? Office 365 is a finicky beast..Before you go spending $$$ on control boards..Check SSL settings, DNS and domain settings, from address, gateway (this would be my prime suspect as internal comms seem to work but getting to Office365.com fails). Have you done a Tracert to the offic 365 server? Do your ping statistics include a laptop directly connected to the MFP or just over the network?? E

He says he can't pull an IP address using DHCP for the copier but when he hooks up his laptop that he can.

Phil B.
01-21-2021, 03:11 PM
He says he can't pull an IP address using DHCP for the copier but when he hooks up his laptop that he can.

doesn't sound like a NIC problem to me ... sounds like restrictions set by NA, and possibly a flakey router. The fact that it prints/scans ok tells me that the NIC is ok.. and the fact that the laptop works fine is another indication.

the fact that OFFICE365 isn't playing well it direct link to the flaws in O365. We have had problems all over the world with Bill's crappy software,

from the Win10 updates changing settings... down to the WSD shit they push if you aren't careful.

Gates and MS have been screwing the world for decades.

BillyCarpenter
01-21-2021, 03:16 PM
doesn't sound like a NIC problem to me ... sounds like restrictions set by NA, and possibly a flakey router. The fact that it prints/scans ok tells me that the NIC is ok.. and the fact that the laptop works fine is another indication.

the fact that OFFICE365 isn't playing well it direct link to the flaws in O365. We have had problems all over the world with Bill's crappy software,

from the Win10 updates changing settings... down to the WSD shit they push if you aren't careful.

Gates and MS have been screwing the world for decades.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong. He says he can't obtain an IP address via DHCP and that ping is dropping 15% on the copier but no loss on his laptop. And no DHCP on copier but works fine with laptop. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me unless something is going on with the NIC. There are no variables other than the Copier and Laptop.

But if he's able to print and scan and he's having no problem, I wouldn't worry about it. He just needs to figure out Office365.

bsm2
01-21-2021, 03:27 PM
Its called a clue

Phil B.
01-21-2021, 03:29 PM
Maybe I'm reading this wrong. He says he can't obtain an IP address via DHCP and that ping is dropping 15% on the copier but no loss on his laptop. And no DHCP on copier but works fine with laptop. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me unless something is going on with the NIC. There are no variables other than the Copier and Laptop.

But if he's able to print and scan and he's having no problem, I wouldn't worry about it. He just needs to figure out Office365.

the NA can set 'permissions' on ANY device on his network. I have run into this before, they set a static address and turn off DHCP abilities. He

hasn't declared if he has checked to see if the NA has made those exclusions ... hell he hasn't really told us if he has checked the network end at all,

just that he can use DHCP from his lapper but not from the network.

Think about it.. IF he can pull DHCP from his lapper, but not from the connected network how can it be the copier? if it works on the lapper it

HAS to be network related.

bsm2
01-21-2021, 03:33 PM
Another Clue it's impossible to pull a DHCP address
using a just a laptop.
Copier would timeout as A laptop CAN'T assign an Ipaddress.

Copier would have a set static ipaddress as well as the laptop.

Lets ALL wait for the Tech to reply with more information

BillyCarpenter
01-21-2021, 03:36 PM
the NA can set 'permissions' on ANY device on his network. I have run into this before, they set a static address and turn off DHCP abilities. He

hasn't declared if he has checked to see if the NA has made those exclusions ... hell he hasn't really told us if he has checked the network end at all,

just that he can use DHCP from his lapper but not from the network.

Think about it.. IF he can pull DHCP from his lapper, but not from the connected network how can it be the copier? if it works on the lapper it

HAS to be network related.

I see what you're saying, I THINK. You're saying that if the NA has reserved an IP address for the copier that it's gonna always default to that IP address via the Mac Address of the NIC of the copier and not pull an IP Address. No? Yeah? lol

BillyCarpenter
01-21-2021, 03:50 PM
Phil,

I just went to my virtual lab and I see what you're saying. From Windows Server 2019, I can exclude any device from obtaining a DHCP address by entering the MAC Address of said device. Never thought about that. Good call.

bsm2
01-21-2021, 03:53 PM
Phil,

I just went to my virtual lab and I see what you're saying. From Windows Server 2019, I can exclude any device from obtaining a DHCP address by entering the MAC Address of said device. Never thought about that. Good call.

How did you think they lock networks down:rolleyes:
Basic networking

BillyCarpenter
01-21-2021, 03:54 PM

I never claims to be an expert on networking and servers. :p

BillyCarpenter
01-21-2021, 04:04 PM
Basic networking

bsm2,

I was so busy playing around with the advanced features in Server 2019, that it never occurred to me that a network needs to be locked down. I got it now, tho. Thanks.

bsm2
01-21-2021, 04:11 PM
bsm2,

I was so busy playing around with the advanced features in Server 2019, that it never occurred to me that a network needs to be locked down. I got it now, tho. Thanks.
No worries most of them are not locked down. Usally enterprise size networks , Government, Banks etc....are locked down.

Phil B.
01-21-2021, 04:13 PM
Phil,

i learned that by being an NA at my last job.

emujo2
01-21-2021, 04:31 PM
I'm gonna call BS on this..most laptops are not running DHCP assigning services, that is more a server based application..E

Phil B.
01-21-2021, 04:35 PM
I'm gonna call BS on this..most laptops are not running DHCP assigning services, that is more a server based application..E

key word the is MOST I have mine setup to do just that.

so pull your BS back brother, IT can be done.

allan
01-21-2021, 05:42 PM
key word the is MOST I have mine setup to do just that.

so pull your BS back brother, IT can be done.

Silly question. Why would you want to setup your laptop as a DHCP server?
Always had weird issues if there was more than one DHCP server on a network.

Phil B.
01-21-2021, 05:50 PM
Silly question. Why would you want to setup your laptop as a DHCP server?
Always had weird issues if there was more than one DHCP server on a network.

separate boot into server software just for trouble shooting ... comes in handy when at a customers site. Blows their IT dept claiming it was the copier/printer

it doesn't connect to their net...

allan
01-21-2021, 05:52 PM
separate boot into server software just for trouble shooting ... comes in handy when at a customers site. Blows their IT dept claiming it was the copier/printer

it doesn't connect to their net...

Seems like in this case the OP had no need to connect the laptop directly to the printer.

Phil B.
01-21-2021, 06:01 PM
Seems like in this case the OP had no need to connect the laptop directly to the printer.

no he needs to investigate THEIR network print/scan works fine

tsbservice
01-21-2021, 06:20 PM
As always update the FW and set switch 25 accordingly. And as others mentioned play with network speed and TLS, SSL settings.
Try this:
Select Administrator
Select Settings
Select Security Settings
Select Security Details
Select Initialize.

D_L_P
01-21-2021, 07:45 PM
Laptop connected on same port with same cable works fine obtaining...

...Ping using laptop on same port works with no drops.

Those two bits of info eliminate the customers network and cable as a problem.

And that points to the copier NIC. I agree with you about time for a MFP board.

15% ping drops may not stop a print job but would impact a SSL handshake for email.

D_L_P
01-21-2021, 07:48 PM
Exactly the opposite:cool::cool:

Explain?

bsm2
01-21-2021, 07:51 PM
Explain?

Can't web in first clue
Most likely a duplicate Ipaddress

copier tech
01-21-2021, 07:58 PM
Can't web in first clue

But DHCP would not pick a duplicate IP thats one of its main jobs.

BillyCarpenter
01-21-2021, 08:00 PM

The OP is saying that DHCP won't pick an address at all for the copier. I'm pretty sure Phil is right that the copier has been excluded from getting a DHCP address thru the server settings.

Phil B.
01-21-2021, 08:02 PM

funny that an IT manager didn't know that fact...

oh yeah it has nothing to do with FTP which he is an expert *cough* at.

bsm2
01-21-2021, 08:04 PM
Konica copier doesn't tell you there's a duplicate Ipaddress like some other manufacturers.
There IT could or he could unplug the cable and ping it.

bsm2
01-21-2021, 08:05 PM
funny that an IT manager didn't know that fact...

oh yeah it has nothing to do with FTP which he is an expert *cough* at.

HILARIOUS copier has a static ipaddress
power failure another device grabs the same ipaddress of copier.

PS on Konica and others the last thing to boot up is the NIC
card.

That ends today's lesson:cool:

D_L_P
01-21-2021, 08:47 PM
Can't web in first clue

On Kinica's HTTP protocol can be disabled in one of the admin menus. It will still print and scan but the web interface won't load. It appeared like a firmware issue but the HTTP protocol was turned off.

Also, a duplicate IP would't stop any device from obtaining an IP:

Also if i put on DHCP it fails to obtain a IP

bsm2
01-21-2021, 08:53 PM
On Kinica's HTTP protocol can be disabled in one of the admin menus. It will still print and scan but the web interface won't load. It appeared like a firmware issue but the HTTP protocol was turned off.

Also, a duplicate IP would't stop any device from obtaining an IP:

Yes you can turn it off web page but very very Rare that happens and it's the main way to program the machine. But a duplicate Ipaddress will definitely block you from viewing the web interface.

Hopefully we will all get more information from the Tech or mabye not. Some of his comments are conflicted.

tsbservice
01-21-2021, 09:09 PM

Hopefully we will all get more information from the Tech or mabye not. Some of his comments are conflicted.

Not agree on what you're implying...He's definitely trusted tech knowing his stuff.

emujo2
01-21-2021, 09:19 PM
Konica copier doesn't tell you there's a duplicate Ipaddress like some other manufacturers.
There IT could or he could unplug the cable and ping it.

KMs do indeed inform the user through the control panel that another device is using the IP address. All I'm saying is I would be hard pressed to replace a MFP board based on what the poster is saying the machine can and can't do. It can print and scan..packets being dropped can come from anywhere. Corrupt SSL certs and bad softswitch settings can be corrected through initialization..and/or HDD formats..E

srvctec
01-21-2021, 09:25 PM
Talking about the original tech
thank you
TRY and keep up

Pretty sure tsbservice was talking about the original tech rrrohan (correct me if I'm wrong, tsb!), you know, the OP of this thread.

bsm2, do you have to work hard at being a douchebag or does it just come naturally?

emujo2
01-21-2021, 09:27 PM
here's an interesting tip about DHCP and the C308

Switch thinks it's a PoE device..Disable PoE (Power over Ethernet) for the switch port...And after re reading the posts..the user drops packets except when connected directly to the device, and his laptop pulls an address on the port..not that the laptop is assigning an address to the copier..(unless I'm just losing something in the non related comments. E

Phil B.
01-21-2021, 09:32 PM
Pretty sure tsbservice was talking about the original tech rrrohan (correct me if I'm wrong, tsb!), you know, the OP of this thread.

bsm2, do you have to work hard at being a douchebag or does it just come naturally?

very very naturally .... frankly I think he was born with the douche bag gene running at full gallop

tsbservice
01-21-2021, 09:49 PM

You're not wrong of course. Just some guys like to play games deflecting and twisting.

davel
01-21-2021, 09:50 PM
Talking about the original tech
thank you
TRY and keep up

Great please explain how the machine pulled a DHCP address from his laptop.:cool:
It didn’t, he stated that when laptop connected to network via wall port the laptop picked up an IP. Everyone please RE-read OP and stop slinging shit at other techs just because you don’t agree with their politics.

emujo2
01-21-2021, 09:50 PM
Ok you 2..I left the BS trump/biden wars thread months ago because of that crap..Can you guys put it aside for this thread???

I just tried to program my C360i with a known duplicate IP..Message displayed on the control panel like I said..Copytech wont let me upload the pic though.

bsm2
01-21-2021, 09:59 PM
I am man enough to admit I made an error reading the call
please accept my apology.
Thank You

rrrohan
01-22-2021, 05:47 AM
Its not a IP conflict. No replies if copiers switched off. Copier would of complained about that if it was anyway.

Firmware is latest but only function 3.3 so Ill up it to 4.2

Network speed reduced to 10/100. didnt help.

IP filtering is not enabled

I haven't tried connecting laptop directly to copier to see if i can get web access

also im wondering if the HTTP server/PageScope (or what ever they call it these days) is disabled.
Ive had a IT guy disable web page by mistake at another customers once before.

Im going back out now Ill report back.

rrrohan
01-22-2021, 06:59 AM
Set to 4.2 now I can access web page

Changed the from address from level1@... to level2@ since I knew level 2 worked and it's working

Changed back to level1@ and it fails

Guess it must authenticate via from address? Will question IT on this

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Custom Search