PDA

View Full Version : DI 470/550 orginal left on glass error

Custom Search

ComputerMonkey
11-17-2008, 04:50 PM
ok i run a copy of the glass just fine or i used the ADF just fine
but if i make a copy from the glass then try to use the adf it gives orginal left on glass.

so i open it and close it error still there open again close again it works....

why do i have to open the doc feeder 2-3 times to clear this?
have replaced the magnet switch on front right and 15 degree switch on back i have also replaced the 2 size detection sensors under the glass

what do i need to replace and where?

ni311
11-17-2008, 06:17 PM
Did you checked the sensors under "State Confirmation"? There you can see which one is faulty, so you don't need to change more than one sensor. Also, check the actuators.

kobrien
11-17-2008, 07:05 PM
Had the same problem on a Di470,
Changed out the sensors under the glass and worked fined after.

ComputerMonkey
11-17-2008, 07:23 PM
what actuators?

and yes found the sensor output to test them and all looked fine but i still had problem so i tried a known working set

cobiray
11-17-2008, 11:50 PM
Have you run the original size sensor adjustment? Run that and check the actuator for the document feeder. Make sure it's actuating the sensor. You can test it by opening the doc feeder the whole way and pressing the actuator down. The lamp should go on.

You do need to open the document feeder far enough to actuate and de-actuate the sensor. You can't just open it enough to sneak your hand in and pull the paper out.

DadO
11-18-2008, 08:04 AM
In di350 u have one actuator under the plastic (this plastic i positioned above display). Try to put screwdriver whit magnet on it and see will it clear jam.

I dont know is the same thing in 470/550

tonerspot
11-18-2008, 01:39 PM
i had the same problem with di 620, you must check for defective right hindge

Darren King
11-18-2008, 01:51 PM
Make sure the magnet in the DF is positioned properly over the reed switch in the copier.
Hope this helps
Darren

ComputerMonkey
11-18-2008, 05:01 PM
it wont do a orginal size ajust or several of the other edh modes

cobiray
11-18-2008, 06:10 PM
There is an adjustment sheet that you need to run those modes. I take it you don't have one, which leads me to question if you are a technician or not.

buster68
11-18-2008, 07:26 PM
Previously stated is correct. You need the Adjust sheet to run thru the EDH for this error. You may have just enough skew that the reed switch and magnet are not lining up everytime you open and close the EDH. On skew adjust you need to have less than .07%...of course the closer to 0.0% the better.

cobiray
11-18-2008, 09:52 PM
I'm not trying to be a dill hole about it, it just seems like it might be the time to call a tech if you aren't one. We need to eat, too.:)

ComputerMonkey
11-20-2008, 06:29 PM
im a tech allright lol

I tried the ajust sheet and the machine instatly goes to NG
when i start the Ajustments so its not that....

so far with everything ive tried all thats left from what i can tell is the main boards.

so what next? Im real close to giving the customer a full refund on that machine and selling them something else

ComputerMonkey
12-08-2008, 06:46 PM
well i ended up replacing the main image board off a parts machine and it works fine...

Thanks to All the helpers for helpful usable sugestions
and Thanks Cobiray for the doubts it really helped track down the problem

Custom Search