PDA

View Full Version : C224 Bizhub general maintenance

Custom Search

Pages : [1] 2

hquang
01-22-2021, 03:21 AM
Hi All,

This is my second post. The first one is a problem with Tray 2 of my C224 and it solved in 24hrs.
This post I am going to ask about the maintenance for the C224.
I use this printer around 6 years not heavily. In time I found it generates squeaky noises when paper coming out from inside. Looks like it needs oil.
Do we have a way to lubricate the machine or a form of maintenance?

Thank you,

Hien

rrrohan
01-22-2021, 04:35 AM
id take out the rollers above fuser. the one with 4 black rollers. its only 3 screws.

that is pretty common to generate squeaks and if it is that just make sure you remove the silver shaft and clean it and blow out any dust from the insude of the black rollers

I wouldnt lubricate it just make sure its clean

hquang
01-22-2021, 04:44 AM
id take out the rollers above fuser. the one with 4 black rollers. its only 3 screws.

that is pretty common to generate squeaks and if it is that just make sure you remove the silver shaft and clean it and blow out any dust from the insude of the black rollers

I need more specific to the location of the printer parts: fuser, rollers, silver shaft... I am not a tech guy but will try my best.

Thanks,
Hien

hquang
01-22-2021, 05:38 AM
Hi rrrohan,

Is it the part in the red rectangular?

rrrohan
01-22-2021, 06:43 AM
Yes the bit with 4 black rollers

Take 3 screws out. Left middle and right

U should be able to print one page without it installed and confirm if squeak gone

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Bix
01-22-2021, 08:12 AM

On a bizhub 458 I once tried to disassemble but I realized that the three screws were not fixed. Perhaps the heat of the oven has dilated the holes and could be removed without unscrewing them.

About your problem, check this thread: Bizhub C284e noise (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/153201-bizhub-c284e-noise-post1632999.html#post1632999)

In my case, it looked like a fuser problem. I simulated the opening of the door and I realized that in reality the problem came from somewhere else.

Phil B.
01-22-2021, 02:43 PM
get yourself a manual ...

it has a section on maintenance read it

copier tech
01-22-2021, 07:34 PM
Hi All,

This is my second post. The first one is a problem with Tray 2 of my C224 and it solved in 24hrs.
This post I am going to ask about the maintenance for the C224.
I use this printer around 6 years not heavily. In time I found it generates squeaky noises when paper coming out from inside. Looks like it needs oil.
Do we have a way to lubricate the machine or a form of maintenance?

Thank you,

Hien

A squeak is genuinely nothing to worry about, most of my 5 year old Bizhubs all squeak simply ignore it.

hquang
01-22-2021, 09:44 PM
I have something else to clean. How to remove these parts from the top of the C224? I remove all screws from part 2 but it still get stuck somewhere underneath part 1. I can't find any maintenance chapter in the manuals I have.
Please help!

Synthohol
01-22-2021, 10:22 PM
the latch pins get in the way.
take off the covers and unscrew the pin that most annoys you :)
https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/attachments/konica-minolta/47988d1611354090-c224-bizhub-general-maintenance-pin-jpg

copier tech
01-22-2021, 10:53 PM
I have something else to clean. How to remove these parts from the top of the C224? I remove all screws from part 2 but it still get stuck somewhere underneath part 1. I can't find any maintenance chapter in the manuals I have.
Please help!

No idea how this is relevant to this post regarding a squeak?

hquang
01-22-2021, 11:09 PM
the latch pins get in the way.
take off the covers and unscrew the pin that most annoys you :)
https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/attachments/konica-minolta/47988d1611354090-c224-bizhub-general-maintenance-pin-jpg
Can you be more specific - I don't get where are the covers?

copier tech
01-22-2021, 11:15 PM
Can you be more specific - I don't get where are the covers?

A copier squeak can be very tricky to track down even for an experienced tech.

Plus it is IMPOSSIBLE to troubleshoot a squeak on a chat forum.

hquang
01-22-2021, 11:23 PM
Sorry I thought it related to 'general maintenance'. Should it be deleted now ?

blackcat4866
01-22-2021, 11:28 PM

+1
Not to be critical, but I don't see why the document feeder tray needs to be removed.

My recommendation is to leave the DF tray on, and clean the rubber rollers. This probably does not have anything to do with your squeak.
=^..^=

blackcat4866
01-22-2021, 11:30 PM
Hi rrrohan,

Is it the part in the red rectangular?

If you are aiming for the fuser move down a little.

hquang
01-22-2021, 11:58 PM
+1
Not to be critical, but I don't see why the document feeder tray needs to be removed.

My recommendation is to leave the DF tray on, and clean the rubber rollers. This probably does not have anything to do with your squeak.
=^..^=
I did clean up the rollers and install back - just tested and the squeak's gone. Thanks rrrohan!
My second issue is to clean the DF tray and around since it's dusty and the Dust Off spray does not help. That's why I want to remove it so I can clean it separate from the printer.
Yes it have nothing to do with the squeak, which is fixed!

hquang
01-23-2021, 12:00 AM
Yes the bit with 4 black rollers

Take 3 screws out. Left middle and right

U should be able to print one page without it installed and confirm if squeak gone

The squeaks have gone rrrohan, Thank you!

blackcat4866
01-23-2021, 12:01 AM
The reason that I'm discouraging you is that there is a wiring harness that runs through the real swivel post, through a series of looms to the DF controller. And as anal as I am, I have never removed a DF tray because of dust.

Just wipe it off and be happy.

You cannot submerge it. There are electronics inside. =^..^=

Phil B.
01-23-2021, 12:22 AM
I did clean up the rollers and install back - just tested and the squeak's gone. Thanks rrrohan!
My second issue is to clean the DF tray and around since it's dusty and the Dust Off spray does not help. That's why I want to remove it so I can clean it separate from the printer.
Yes it have nothing to do with the squeak, which is fixed!

use an organic cleaner.. leave the tray in place... spray lightly don't soak it down.. E.O.S.

Phil B.
01-23-2021, 12:23 AM
The reason that I'm discouraging you is that there is a wiring harness that runs through the real swivel post, through a series of looms to the DF controller. And as anal as I am, I have never removed a DF tray because of dust.

Just wipe it off and be happy.

You cannot submerge it. There are electronics inside. =^..^=

+10

hquang
01-23-2021, 12:38 AM
use an organic cleaner.. leave the tray in place... spray lightly don't soak it down.. E.O.S.

I have removed all the screws belong to the part 2 but cannot take it out now I just want to know how to remove the part 1 which is just piece of plastic, no electronic involved. It does not look difficult but I can figure it out how to do it.

blackcat4866
01-23-2021, 12:43 AM
There must be a dozen screws from the top, around the perimeter.

=^..^=

BillyCarpenter
01-23-2021, 12:43 AM
I have removed all the screws belong to the part 2 but cannot take it out now I just want to know how to remove the part 1 which is just piece of plastic, no electronic involved. It does not look difficult but I can figure it out how to do it.

You don't think there's any electronics in the doc. feeder tray? How do you think it reads the size of the paper? I'd listen to blackcat if i were you or you may be starting another thread asking how to repair what you just broke. Just saying....

Phil B.
01-23-2021, 12:47 AM

see those three slots in it? THOSE ARE SENSORS

Blackcat told you this..

just spray the tray lightly with organic cleaner.. wipe off .. go with it..

this is not rocket science man...

follow the K.I.S.S. principle

Keep It Simple Stupid.

if you remove it you are asking for major problems.

BillyCarpenter
01-23-2021, 12:54 AM
You don't think there's any electronics in the doc. feeder tray? How do you think it reads the size of the paper? I'd listen to blackcat if i were you or you may be starting another thread asking how to repair what you just broke. Just saying....

On second thought, this thread is slightly entertaining. This is a teachable moment for you. Pull that baby off. :p

Once bitten, twice shy.

Phil B.
01-23-2021, 12:55 AM

me thinks this will explain everything :

About hquang

Country:Canada ... Where are you from (City, State):Point Roberts....Technician ....Status: End-User (Non-Tech / User)

NUFF SAID?

blackcat4866
01-23-2021, 01:17 AM
Agreed. This is one of those learning moments.

Some things its better to have good reason to remove. You can learn the easy way, or the hard way. Its up to you.

BillyCarpenter
01-23-2021, 01:29 AM

Some things its better to have good reason to remove. You can learn the easy way, or the hard way. Its up to you.

You're gonna walk him thru the repair process after he takes it off, right? :p

rrrohan
01-23-2021, 01:29 AM
The squeaks have gone rrrohan, Thank you!You'll want to clean it and reinstall it

Pull the shaft out, clean it. Don't lube it just clean

Blow out the rollers where shaft slides through

Clean any dried toner off rollers (if any)

Reassemble

Reinstall.

In regards to the DF don't waste time taking it apart. Nothing a paint brush, blower and some spray and wipe can't fix

hquang
01-23-2021, 01:56 AM
me thinks this will explain everything :

About hquang

Country:Canada ... Where are you from (City, State):Point Roberts....Technician ....Status: End-User (Non-Tech / User)

NUFF SAID?

I was in a hurry when register to this forum. I have no idea why Point Roberts....Technician!

hquang
01-23-2021, 02:16 AM

Yes I am learning and much appreciated for ALL feedback.

allan
01-23-2021, 02:21 AM
One thing i have learned over time is. If it ain't broken don't fix it. When its broken fix it properly.
Even the most experienced tech can cause themselves trouble by scratching were it does not itch.

hquang
01-23-2021, 02:22 AM

the part 1 which is just piece of plastic, no electronic involved.

I may be wrong but still don't see any wiring, cables, connectors connected to that tray. Unless there is a sensor looking at it but that sensor (if any) is not attached to the tray.

BillyCarpenter
01-23-2021, 02:28 AM
the part 1 which is just piece of plastic, no electronic involved.

I may be wrong but still don't see any wiring, cables, connectors connected to that tray. Unless there is a sensor looking at it but that sensor (if any) is not attached to the tray.

It's difficult for me to believe that you're a tech and you don't know that there are size sensors in that "piece of plastic." Do you think the techs on here are pulling your leg? Stop talking about it and just take it off. I honestly don't know what else to say. Good luck.

hquang
01-23-2021, 02:33 AM
It's difficult for me to believe that you're a tech and you don't know that there are size sensors in that "piece of plastic." Do you think the techs on here are pulling your leg? Stop talking about it and just take it off. I honestly don't know what else to say. Good luck.

NO, I am not a tech...I have no idea why someone put 'technician' to me.

I do appreciate your help and ALL other gentlemen in this forum. DON'T misunderstand me please! How can I change it?

allan
01-23-2021, 02:36 AM
The wiring goes thru the rear hinge point... You need to remove covers and then undo some other stuff.
Never had the need to to remove one of those in a very very long time. And that was to repair a wire i broke while messing with something i should not have messed with.

hquang
01-23-2021, 02:36 AM
You'll want to clean it and reinstall it

Pull the shaft out, clean it. Don't lube it just clean

Blow out the rollers where shaft slides through

Clean any dried toner off rollers (if any)

Reassemble

Reinstall.

In regards to the DF don't waste time taking it apart. Nothing a paint brush, blower and some spray and wipe can't fix

Thanks rrrohan

hquang
01-23-2021, 02:42 AM
I AM NOT a technician
How can I fix this?
Thanks in advance

Phil B.
01-23-2021, 02:59 AM
I AM NOT a technician
How can I fix this?
Thanks in advance

look at the top of the page...

edit incorrect info

done

be truthful .. we will bust you on any fake info.

also while you're at it review FORUM RULES and the FAQ's that info is vital here.

rrrohan
01-23-2021, 03:08 AM

47990There is one screw hidden under part 1

Hinge part 1. I'll see it. If you want to left part 1 further just flex it past the rear cover.

But I wouldn't remove it, you can easily clean it left installed

hquang
01-23-2021, 03:40 AM
look at the top of the page...

edit incorrect info

done

be truthful .. we will bust you on any fake info.

also while you're at it review FORUM RULES and the FAQ's that info is vital here.

End-user now but still shown Technician!

hquang
01-23-2021, 06:17 AM
There is one screw hidden under part 1

Hinge part 1. I'll see it. If you want to left part 1 further just flex it past the rear cover.

But I wouldn't remove it, you can easily clean it left installed

Hoorah rrrohan,

Thanks to your instruction I've lifted part 1, removed and cleaned part 2.
The only tricky part is putting it back since the screws holes are in deeper level.
Again thanks,

blackcat4866
01-23-2021, 03:48 PM
I think you need to work on one particular skill:

Taking advice.

Five different people tell you that it's entirely unnecessary, and that you can cause yourself additional heartache by doing so, but you didn't listen.

I can understand being stubborn. I'm fairly stubborn myself, but when (5) different people tell me something I have to consider: "Is this a good idea?" These people probably know more than me.
=^..^=

Hansoon
01-23-2021, 03:51 PM
I'm fairly stubborn myself

LOL :)

That's what your wife says, Cat?

Hans

blackcat4866
01-23-2021, 04:08 PM
LOL :)

That's what your wife says, Cat?

Hans

She doesn't phrase it quite that way ... but yes. =^..^=

aalex_bom
01-26-2021, 01:52 AM

End-user now but still shown Technician!

DON'T worry about that, he just bully on you, and should be something wrong when he copy and paste.
DON'T give up, just take eazi, you will have it done bc U r VNse

hquang
01-26-2021, 02:56 AM
DON'T worry about that, he just bully on you, and should be something wrong when he copy and paste.
DON'T give up, just take eazi, you will have it done bc U r VNse

I get it done. It's quite easy and simple with good instruction from rrrohan.

BillyCarpenter
01-26-2021, 03:06 AM
I get it done. It's quite easy and simple with good instruction from rrrohan.

Congratulations on a job well done. If I can offer you a little advice for the future....

I'm an experienced tech and one day someone is gonna tell you not to take something off and you're gonna do it anyway and find yourself in a world of hurt. We've all been there.

I know you haven't been around long and don't know who to trust but blackcat warned you against removing the doc. feeder tray. If he tells me not to do something...I flat-out ain't gonna take if off come hell or high water.

He was trying to help you. I hope you know that.

It worked out for you this time. Congrats.

hquang
01-26-2021, 03:32 AM
Congratulations on a job well done. If I can offer you a little advice for the future....

I'm an experienced tech and one day someone is gonna tell you not to take something off and you're gonna do it anyway and find yourself in a world of hurt. We've all been there.

I know you haven't been around long and don't know who to trust but blackcat warned you against removing the doc. feeder tray. If he tells me not to do something...I flat-out ain't gonna take if off come hell or high water.

He was trying to help you. I hope you know that.

It worked out for you this time. Congrats.

Hi Billy,

Thank you and I am actually very much appreciated all the advises from ALL. I do understand that ALL want to help me to avoid non necessary troubles. When not taking advice, I never mean to look down to that advice but to put myself to a challenge I think it's not big, and yes this challenge is not big at all. I don't mind being call stubborn!

I've been to this group less than a week but it helps me so far solving three problems: Tray 2 did not see the paper size, the squeaky noise and removing the DF tray. Since I am not a technician I just need a clear instruction how to get it done and if that instruction does not sound impossible I like to try it. When thing is assembled, there must be a way to disassemble it.

Again thanks for all the advises.

^-|-^

Custom Search