PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous c3350 Splattering black all over prints - Yet comes out as black on halftone tests.

Custom Search

HarryBurgess
01-22-2021, 11:58 AM
Hi, got a c3350 that when printing anything leaves a black splatter all across the page. So I go to do the halftone test prints and all colours come out ok (still with the splatter) however the black halftone comes out as a blank piece of paper.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

blackcat4866
01-22-2021, 12:44 PM
sample?

copiertec
01-22-2021, 01:16 PM
Not only would a sample be nice, but a little more info on machine and PM counts nice as well. Is the toner OEM or generic?

HarryBurgess
01-22-2021, 01:31 PM
sample?

Here is a magenta and black halftone test print, what appears on the magenta appears on all other prints.

HarryBurgess
01-22-2021, 01:39 PM
Not only would a sample be nice, but a little more info on machine and PM counts nice as well. Is the toner OEM or generic?

We received the copier off a supplier filled with OEM toners. We usually remanufacture them and send them back out. I can't find the counts as nothing shows when printing black pages except as shown on the attached image.

blazebusiness
01-22-2021, 01:40 PM
Here is a magenta and black halftone test print, what appears on the magenta appears on all other prints.

Check consumable status under the Utility key. Is the K image unit overdue?

Inspect the surface of the Black image unit , Transfer belt , and fuser unit to see if there are any marks or residue that correspond to what you see on the prints.

This issue will probably be resolved for you by replacing the Black image unit Part# IUP-22K

copiertec
01-22-2021, 01:46 PM
I would start with a black pcu, first. Is there a supplies status page available? Have you gone into the menu, counter icon?

HarryBurgess
01-22-2021, 01:57 PM
Check consumable status under the Utility key. Is the K image unit overdue?

Inspect the surface of the Black image unit , Transfer belt , and fuser unit to see if there are any marks or residue that correspond to what you see on the prints.

This issue will probably be resolved for you by replacing the Black image unit Part# IUP-22K

I have replaced the fuser previously and it had no effect. I don't think it could be the transfer belt as it appears to be only k having this problem. I have just swapped the black imaging unit and the print has gone inverted. As seen in the image attatched.

HarryBurgess
01-22-2021, 02:28 PM
I would start with a black pcu, first. Is there a supplies status page available? Have you gone into the menu, counter icon?

I have swapped the k imaging unit twice and still the same result, and as for the supplies status page everything seems to be normal. The copier itself has done around 60k prints in total so not extremely high. I was thinking it could may be to do with the charge?

blackcat4866
01-22-2021, 03:34 PM
I have replaced the fuser previously and it had no effect. I don't think it could be the transfer belt as it appears to be only k having this problem. I have just swapped the black imaging unit and the print has gone inverted. As seen in the image attatched.

The unit that made these images probably has wrong toner in it.

The original unit probably is just worn out. You'll see the pattern in the drum when you remove it.

=^..^=I

HarryBurgess
01-22-2021, 03:50 PM
The unit that made these images probably has wrong toner in it.

The original unit probably is just worn out. You'll see the pattern in the drum when you remove it.

=^..^=I

So what are you suggesting I do to resolve this? As I haven't had any luck with new drums and I'm not sure that a new toner would work.

Also how come it is appearing on every print? Even the ones without any black.

blackcat4866
01-22-2021, 04:34 PM
The black drum remains in contact with the primary transfer belt on all images, and the imaging unit components rotate on every image.

By contrast a B&W only image is made only with the black imaging unit, the other color units do not rotate.

I'm sorry that your afraid to install a new black imaging unit, but that's whats needed. =^..^=

You know, I get the feeling that you're not comfortable doing this repair. That's fine. I'm sure there's someone in your area capable of doing it.

BillyCarpenter
01-22-2021, 04:58 PM
So what are you suggesting I do to resolve this? As I haven't had any luck with new drums and I'm not sure that a new toner would work.

Also how come it is appearing on every print? Even the ones without any black.

I agree with blackcat that it looks like the wrong toner was used. You say that the toners are OEM but that doesn't mean that the OEM carts. weren't refilled with compatible toner. You need to clean all the black toner out before installing a new drum. Just make sure no toner is in the toner pipe before installing a new drum.

HarryBurgess
01-22-2021, 05:07 PM
The black drum remains in contact with the primary transfer belt on all images, and the imaging unit components rotate on every image.

By contrast a B&W only image is made only with the black imaging unit, the other color units do not rotate.

I'm sorry that your afraid to install a new black imaging unit, but that's whats needed. =^..^=

You know, I get the feeling that you're not comfortable doing this repair. That's fine. I'm sure there's someone in your area capable of doing it.

Afraid? I've stated that I have already done what you are telling me to do twice and there has been no change. I don't think you quite understand what I am saying.

I could probably install a new imaging unit before I knew how to tie my laces as a kid;)

But your time and help is appreciated nonetheless.

blackcat4866
01-22-2021, 07:05 PM
Have it your way. I have nothing more to add.
=^..^=

copier tech
01-22-2021, 07:13 PM
Did you fit a NEW black image unit or a used one? if not new replace it with a genuine KM drum & toner.

emujo2
01-22-2021, 08:51 PM
Wow, looks like the old Toshiba "reverse image" mode..You could print this out in case some one used the last copy and reverse image it again..I say this thinking that it could be some kind of power supply problem... charge and transfer leads switched....is this toner on the page, developer, or both???As a side note..THE C3350 SUCKS!!!

allan
01-22-2021, 09:05 PM
The sample with the image inverted looks like its not getting any charge. Changing out used units is not recommended. Probably ok to change out temporarily.
If you find a good used unit you need to reset it. It runs TCR adjustment and on these it set the key color position. So you can get developer and color registration problems.

Only one way to know is to replace the black image unit.

So you refill the toners? Where do you get your toner and chips from?

Custom Search