PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C2070P

Custom Search

emujo2
01-22-2021, 05:15 PM
I have a bearing in the ADU that froze and ate/chewed up the hole in the rear frame it rests in..The parts manuals shows every part but the front/rear frames (frame is there but shadded and dotted without a part referance). Has anyone run into this and how did you resolve it..I can JB weld the bearing as a temp fix, I also have a C1070 ADU but some of the boards/harnesses are different so I'm assuming they are not interchangable. Are the frame part numbers listed elsewhere in the parts book? TIA E

jotunn
01-25-2021, 08:48 PM
Shadded and dotted - because it should lasts for whole machine life, so you can't buy this part.

However, I made an overlayed image of back plate from C1060 and C2070, and they look exactly the same (attachment), but this may be misleading because KM often "reuses" their earlier documents in newer projects.

blackcat4866
01-26-2021, 12:44 AM
I have a bearing in the ADU that froze and ate/chewed up the hole in the rear frame it rests in..The parts manuals shows every part but the front/rear frames (frame is there but shadded and dotted without a part referance). Has anyone run into this and how did you resolve it..I can JB weld the bearing as a temp fix, I also have a C1070 ADU but some of the boards/harnesses are different so I'm assuming they are not interchangable. Are the frame part numbers listed elsewhere in the parts book? TIA E

IMHO, I would not try to change out this frame member.

I had a C6000 once with duplex skew issues. Several other techs had worked on it before me. There are about a zillion duplex skew adjustments, all of which had the painted seal broken and had been moved. Four calls later I discovered 4 loose screws mounting the ADU to the rails, and did my best to restore as many of those painted screw adjustments as possible.

In the end it still skewed intermittently, less skew. And I had many many hours into this machine.
Don't do it.

Were it me, I would find myself a like piece of sheet metal with the bearing-sized hole in it. I would slip the bracket onto the inside of the frame and re-assemble the bearing, clips etc. Then I would move the bracket around until it was in the perfect spot, and clamp it (or vice-grips). Then I would drill/tap a 4mm threaded hole on each side of the bearing. Insert a screw with Loctite into each hole. Voila!

=^..^=

Custom Search