PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub C227 SQUEAKING LIKE MAD!

Custom Search

Konicatech
01-25-2021, 04:28 PM
Hi guys,

Got a C227 thats started squeaking, its not coming from the fuser as I know thats quite common!

Basically it only squeaks when the toner bottles turn! If I take the output tray off and put some pressure on the toner bottles it stops squeaking and then i let go and it continues.

I furst thought it was the gears that turn the toner bottles at the back of the bottles so I swapped this from another machine, however it still does it!! Surely I can't be that unlucky that Ive picked up another squeaky part?

Any ideas anyone out there?

Thanks

BillyCarpenter
01-25-2021, 04:36 PM
Hi guys,

Got a C227 thats started squeaking, its not coming from the fuser as I know thats quite common!

Basically it only squeaks when the toner bottles turn! If I take the output tray off and put some pressure on the toner bottles it stops squeaking and then i let go and it continues.

I furst thought it was the gears that turn the toner bottles at the back of the bottles so I swapped this from another machine, however it still does it!! Surely I can't be that unlucky that Ive picked up another squeaky part?

Any ideas anyone out there?

Thanks

I don't work on this brand but here's what I'd do to find the problem.

Most machines have a simulation that allows you to forcibly add toner. I'd run that sim (don't run it long) and see if it squeaks). You should have 4 toner add motors. Try to isolate to one specific color that's making the noise. From there you're gonna have to troubleshoot from the cartridge back to the toner motor.

Hopefully someone that works on these can offer a better solution.

allan
01-25-2021, 06:25 PM
I don't work on this brand but here's what I'd do to find the problem.

Most machines have a simulation that allows you to forcibly add toner. I'd run that sim (don't run it long) and see if it squeaks). You should have 4 toner add motors. Try to isolate to one specific color that's making the noise. From there you're gonna have to troubleshoot from the cartridge back to the toner motor.

Hopefully someone that works on these can offer a better solution.

Checked the manual and found the listed components you can do a load check on and the toner motors are not listed. So in that case i will leave the top cover off and then run solid half-tones until the bottle turns.

tsbservice
01-25-2021, 06:31 PM
Simply open close front cover and toners will turn(at least C224e will do that). Also on 4e and 8 series there's manual toner add under Image Quality Adjustments in Service mode should be there in 7 series.

BillyCarpenter
01-25-2021, 06:36 PM
Also, if the machine is squeaking that bad, I'd make sure the toner path isn't blocked and putting too much load on the toner motor and the associated gears/parts.

tsbservice
01-25-2021, 06:51 PM
Hmm I won't be sure until noise is recorded and file uploaded somewhere. This is hard enough job to be done on site what about if noise can't be heard. Last week I received a call for low metered C258 noise.Today called them that I'm going to visit machine she told me now there isn't noise. Thinked for a while and give up visit this time.

copier tech
01-26-2021, 11:19 AM
Hello!

It is the toner bottle drive assy. P/N: A797F23001

I've replaced 3-4 times so far...

It is the no. 12 in the attached page.

Why replace a complete unit when a few drops of oil will cure the squeak?

Gift
01-26-2021, 12:04 PM
PErhaps a bottle itself makes noise if turning?

avecosat
01-26-2021, 12:22 PM
I had two machines and one I solved it with oil and another I had to change the entire unit

Bix
01-26-2021, 02:27 PM
it may be waste toner box gears.

allan
01-26-2021, 02:33 PM
Please record this elusive creature please.

Konicatech
02-01-2021, 03:48 PM
Thanks everyone, going to try and grease up the one I have and if that doesnt work I'll order a new one.

Custom Search