PDA

View Full Version : C554e K hopper moter not working.

Custom Search

dbeyma
01-27-2021, 09:26 PM
I'm a printer that fixes my own older machines or tries too anyways
I've replaced developer unit, switched hopper assembly from another machine.
Still no toner entering Developer unit. When I open the trap door underneath hopper assemble there seems to no toner falling out. Any suggestions before I call in an expert? TY

EarthKmTech
01-27-2021, 10:28 PM
I'm a printer that fixes my own older machines or tries too anyways
I've replaced developer unit, switched hopper assembly from another machine.
Still no toner entering Developer unit. When I open the trap door underneath hopper assemble there seems to no toner falling out. Any suggestions before I call in an expert? TY

You can open the door at the top of the hopper and if its empty of toner, have a look at the level actuator inside - its not at all uncommon for it to come off the post at the rear inside the hopper. The machine will assume the hopper is always full and never add anymore from the bottle. This will cause premature toner low warnings from new bottles after a short period. if this all looks ok, make sure the bottle is rotating, when trying to add toner, the bottle drive at the rear can also fail.

The actuator poping off is common on old version machines when banged around, moved etc. The new hoppers can also have it dislodged out of the box for this reason too.

one final thing, im sure you are aware, but shake the hell out of the new toner bottles to ensure it feels like fluid inside. A full, new toner not shaken most of the time wont feed anything.

dbeyma
01-27-2021, 10:38 PM
You can open the door at the top of the hopper and if its empty of toner, have a look at the level actuator inside - its not at all uncommon for it to come off the post at the rear inside the hopper. The machine will assume the hopper is always full and never add anymore from the bottle. This will cause premature toner low warnings from new bottles after a short period. if this all looks ok, make sure the bottle is rotating, when trying to add toner, the bottle drive at the rear can also fail.

The actuator poping off is common on old version machines when banged around, moved etc. The new hoppers can also have it dislodged out of the box for this reason too.

one final thing, im sure you are aware, but shake the hell out of the new toner bottles to ensure it feels like fluid inside. A full, new toner not shaken most of the time wont feed anything.

The toner hopper is full, it's just not making into the developer unit

Phil B.
01-27-2021, 11:10 PM
The toner hopper is full, it's just not making into the developer unit

I would suggest -=IF=- you don't have the service manual request one here: https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/service-manual-requests/

-=IF=- you do have the manual then look in the troubleshooting section for your issue.

I am here to offer advise.. not to do your research for you.

Synthohol
01-27-2021, 11:37 PM
he's a contributor, play nice ;)

WLIT
01-28-2021, 02:10 AM
According to service manual there is no load check for the associated motors which rotate the toner bottles or drive the hopper. If you've already swapped the hopper assembly for another then you've also eliminated the motor which drives the hopper for black, provided it is plugged in (worth a double check). This would leave the toner bottle motor as the culprit. this is located in the rear of the machine against the rear frame. Not a fun job to get to it. If you have no finisher, but you probably do, you can take out the inner cover which will show you the toner bottles. Then you can run some sky shots to see if the machine tries to rotate the black bottle. It spins rather quickly so you will notice it if it rotates. If you put in the motor and still no go them you have a board/signal problem most likely and will want a trained tech to replace that for you. Toner bottle motor is M10, part # A161M10300.

Custom Search