PDA

View Full Version : BH650i half black copies

Custom Search

mascan42
01-30-2021, 11:52 PM
OK, this is a bizarre one. I'm getting this defect only when copying off the glass. Prints are fine, coping through the doc feeder is fine. But all copies off the glass look like this. Sounds mechanical, right? But the defect is very clearly digital. The black area has a jagged edge, there are indents and grey areas at the edge. It's not even in a straight line.

I've reseated connectors and replaced the CCD unit. The self-diagnostic comes back all OK. The mirrors are all secure and in their proper places. The carriage moves without any issues, and the lamp stays on for the entire scan.

Everyone I've spoken to is stumped. And since it's a brand new machine, it's probably getting sent back next week. But I'd love some insight into WTF this could be.

GIUBOSS
01-31-2021, 12:09 AM
OK, this is a bizarre one. I'm getting this defect only when copying off the glass. Prints are fine, coping through the doc feeder is fine. But all copies off the glass look like this. Sounds mechanical, right? But the defect is very clearly digital. The black area has a jagged edge, there are indents and grey areas at the edge. It's not even in a straight line.

I've reseated connectors and replaced the CCD unit. The self-diagnostic comes back all OK. The mirrors are all secure and in their proper places. The carriage moves without any issues, and the lamp stays on for the entire scan.

Everyone I've spoken to is stumped. And since it's a brand new machine, it's probably getting sent back next week. But I'd love some insight into WTF this could be.

Trivial question, no error code? You have already contacted Minolta for any anomalies (or technical bulletins) already reported by other dealers or to have electronic boards to test on the machine. I didn't think you could replace the whole machine in these cases.

Woxner
01-31-2021, 12:20 AM
Ck for 8 series bulletin on this simular problem

rrrohan
01-31-2021, 12:55 AM
Try grabbing under front left corner of scanner bed and lifting it. A few times and re test to see if it helped at all

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

tsbservice
01-31-2021, 09:05 AM
Looks like mirror out of his place.

allan
01-31-2021, 04:08 PM
Just for entertainment try making reduced and enlarged copy and check if the defect also reduces and enlarges.
Try covering the entire scanner with a box or a refuge bag and see if that makes any difference.
Another thing to play with would be the scanner start position under copy area adjustment if i can remember that correctly.

mattcoop11
02-01-2021, 07:19 PM
Ive had something similar on 4e series, and it was to do with the position of the CCD. (Accidentally unscrewed the red marked screws which align the height of the CCD)

You wouldn’t expect it on a new machine though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brett GS
02-01-2021, 08:37 PM
Had something almost the same on a c308 and c558 and both it was mirror 3 that needed slight adjustment with a allen key.

copytechman
02-01-2021, 09:25 PM
Had something almost the same on a c308 and c558 and both it was mirror 3 that needed slight adjustment with a allen key.

I had a c654e with something like that and it was one of the "pads" under the front mirror carriage that decided it wanted to do its own thing causing the carriage to have a bit of a tilt.

Just my 2c

A.

mascan42
02-04-2021, 08:32 PM
Ive had something similar on 4e series, and it was to do with the position of the CCD. (Accidentally unscrewed the red marked screws which align the height of the CCD)

You wouldn’t expect it on a new machine though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This wound up being the problem. No idea how it makes it out of the factory and through the warehouse pre-install procedures without anybody noticing.

Custom Search