PDA

View Full Version : C300i Duplex Jams

Custom Search

MVPunisher
02-03-2021, 04:45 PM
Good morning,

Have a C300i with low copy count on it. Battling some duplex jams. I am familiar with the old duplex jams on the 4e series and such. Became pretty good at padding that solenoid out. The 8 series was good to me didn't battle it much. Now it appears we are back to battling them.

I have a machine that is J3201, J3003 jamming on duplex only. Have replaced both the Reverse unit and Registration unit without luck. Have also beveled out the hole on solenoid to move solenoid as per Konica suggestion in Knowlegebase. They didn't really specify good exactly which way to move it so we tried both. The tech on site today is saying that bypass is running flawless 2 sided , trays 1 and 2 duplex jams though? Looking into firmware release notes right now (doubtful), then possible feed unit issues. If it was a right side door thing bypass wouldn't run flawless? Going to call Konica here shortly but I tend to have more confidence in this forum sometimes...

Any suggestions appreciated as always.

Thanks

tsbservice
02-03-2021, 07:51 PM
Did you try to put some spacers between solenoid plunger and frame?

Albonline
02-03-2021, 08:11 PM
Good morning,

Have a C300i with low copy count on it. Battling some duplex jams. I am familiar with the old duplex jams on the 4e series and such. Became pretty good at padding that solenoid out. The 8 series was good to me didn't battle it much. Now it appears we are back to battling them.

I have a machine that is J3201, J3003 jamming on duplex only. Have replaced both the Reverse unit and Registration unit without luck. Have also beveled out the hole on solenoid to move solenoid as per Konica suggestion in Knowlegebase. They didn't really specify good exactly which way to move it so we tried both. The tech on site today is saying that bypass is running flawless 2 sided , trays 1 and 2 duplex jams though? Looking into firmware release notes right now (doubtful), then possible feed unit issues. If it was a right side door thing bypass wouldn't run flawless? Going to call Konica here shortly but I tend to have more confidence in this forum sometimes...

Any suggestions appreciated as always.

Thanks

check that the door and 2nd xfer units are in fact square to the main frame ,i have run into this a couple of time at setup.

WLIT
02-03-2021, 08:31 PM
Are you finding the paper is in the correct paper path when it jams or has it gone the wrong way past the deflector in the exit assembly? Any 3205 jams? If its in the correct path you may have a lazy fuser loop sensor flag. If you have 3205 jams and/or the paper is in the wrong path you should try removing the reverse assembly at top of right door. Then notice the clear fingers on the assembly at front and rear (op and non-op sides). I have removed the rear fingers and moved them to the front positions and fronts to the rear (2 each). You will have to rotate them 180 also so they move freely once reattached. I've fixed numerous mfps getting 3205 jams. Worth a try as you've already replaced both exit and reverse assemblies.

Custom Search