PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub c224e problem "Serial number must be entered" -> "TPM Chip has been changed"

Custom Search

Sanker
02-04-2021, 01:56 PM
Hello, I have a machine that one day showed an error "Serial number must be entered". After reading multiple threads and checking all possible information connected with that problem, I've changed battery and made all steps (KBA00048704) to recover machine but an erros still persists and when i'm trying to recover data after CD390 error it cycles while trying to recover with no progress. There is possibly a problem that i haven't got a Special firmware (I only got this fresh one GDC-M1-990). The last time i've tried to recover the machine it showed "TPM Chip has been changed". I've also read every possible thread on forum about that but nothing helped.

Today another client called me and told that he has the same error as described above. I know that it means faulty/drained battery, but i don't know how to recover machine after replacing it.

Can anyone help me to solve this problem? :confused:

Thank you.

copier tech
02-04-2021, 02:24 PM
Hello, I have a machine that one day showed an error "Serial number must be entered". After reading multiple threads and checking all possible information connected with that problem, I've changed battery and made all steps (KBA00048704) to recover machine but an erros still persists and when i'm trying to recover data after CD390 error it cycles while trying to recover with no progress. There is possibly a problem that i haven't got a Special firmware (I only got this fresh one GDC-M1-990). The last time i've tried to recover the machine it showed "TPM Chip has been changed". I've also read every possible thread on forum about that but nothing helped.

Today another client called me and told that he has the same error as described above. I know that it means faulty/drained battery, but i don't know how to recover machine after replacing it.

Can anyone help me to solve this problem? :confused:

Thank you.

You need to run the NVRam rest tool firmware.

Sanker
02-04-2021, 02:29 PM
You need to run the NVRam rest tool firmware.

Could you help me to get this firmware? I'm afraid i haven't got access to konica support.

The only thing i have is "A145FW.tar" to initialize and restore the data.

copier tech
02-04-2021, 02:33 PM
Could you help me to get this firmware? I'm afraid i haven't got access to konica support.

Yes sure, you can contact us at:

Firmware Update - Printer & Copier Firmware (http://www.copierfirmware.co.uk)

occus
02-04-2021, 02:43 PM
I know there is a firmware GHV-M1 to fix that problem (DLBT1810973EN_0)

The following issues are solved in this firmware.

After turning OFF/ON the Main Power, the entry screen of serial number may be displayed in English and the MFP may not start. (ERBJTG1800912351 and others)

Can you tell me do you have this firmware updatet already before you got the error? I want to know if this firmware works or is it useless.

Sanker
02-04-2021, 02:48 PM
I know there is a firmware GHV-M1 to fix that problem (DLBT1810973EN_0)

The following issues are solved in this firmware.

After turning OFF/ON the Main Power, the entry screen of serial number may be displayed in English and the MFP may not start. (ERBJTG1800912351 and others)

Can you tell me do you have this firmware updatet already before you got the error? I want to know if this firmware works or is it useless.

Unfortunately no. I will be grateful if somebody could send it to me, i guess this GHV firmware could solve a problem...

tsbservice
02-04-2021, 02:52 PM

This is what you need.

Sanker
02-04-2021, 02:54 PM
This is what you need.

I did it 3 times before upgrading firmware as it says in Problem solution procedure but it didn't help.

The next step was updating a "Special firmware" and boot normally as it says, but i had only GDC-M1-990.

jwai
02-04-2021, 03:46 PM
Try to replace both MFPB and SSD.

femaster
02-05-2021, 01:15 AM
I did it 3 times before upgrading firmware as it says in Problem solution procedure but it didn't help.

The next step was updating a "Special firmware" and boot normally as it says, but i had only GDC-M1-990.

Did you follow the procedure properly? It almost sounds like you may have, but I'm not sure by your original post. Just in case, make sure you are following these steps:

Boot copier to the reset firmware (which you apparently have already that firmware), wait until it says the copier has been reset. Then power off, wait 10 seconds and then power. After that, you need to sit there and wait. The copier will come up to an error screen, and then reboot on its own 3 times before giving you the prompt to "restore data". Once that happens, select that and wait until it tells you its OK to power off.

Phil B.
02-05-2021, 01:33 AM
Did you follow the procedure properly? It almost sounds like you may have, but I'm not sure by your original post. Just in case, make sure you are following these steps:

Boot copier to the reset firmware (which you apparently have already that firmware), wait until it says the copier has been reset. Then power off, wait 10 seconds and then power. After that, you need to sit there and wait. The copier will come up to an error screen, and then reboot on its own 3 times before giving you the prompt to "restore data". Once that happens, select that and wait until it tells you its OK to power off.Precise info.
My -= guess =-
Didn't wait long enough.. I learned the first time I made that fubar.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Sanker
02-05-2021, 07:20 AM

Boot copier to the reset firmware (which you apparently have already that firmware), wait until it says the copier has been reset. Then power off, wait 10 seconds and then power. After that, you need to sit there and wait. The copier will come up to an error screen, and then reboot on its own 3 times before giving you the prompt to "restore data". Once that happens, select that and wait until it tells you its OK to power off.

I did exactly as you say (i guess so), firstly did with a reset tool ->then one of the fresh firmwares that I had (GDC-M1) and after couple reboots i did "restore data" -> but no success because it started restoring data and it was cycling/nonstop loop for about 1 hour and nothing happened. I've read other threads similar to this where people say if it loops for a long time means something is wrong. Maybe I didn't wait long enough and should give it more time? Or I've missed that train already?

Maybe as some people say i must find those GHV firmware that can solve this.

Precise info.
My -= guess =-
Didn't wait long enough.. I learned the first time I made that fubar.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

You may be right sir, but 1 hour isn't long enough?

tsbservice
02-05-2021, 07:27 AM

I did exactly as you say but with a fresh firmware that I had (GDC-M1) and after couple reboots i did "restore data" -> but no success because it started restoring data and it was cycling/nonstop loop for about 1 hour and nothing happened. I've read other threads similar to this where people say if it loops for a long time means something is wrong. Maybe I didn't wait long enough and should give it more time? Or I've missed that train already?

You should use A145FW.tar instead of GDC-M1.Then just follow femaster's advice.

Sanker
02-05-2021, 07:51 AM
You should use A145FW.tar instead of GDC-M1.Then just follow femaster's advice.

I did all steps as it says in attached procedure.

Tried that again without updating firmware, just with reset tool. Everything same, stuck on that screen already for and hour "The data is being processed. Please wait" (attached picture)

Sanker
02-05-2021, 01:25 PM
Looking for GHV-M1 firmware. I will be very grateful if somebody could send it to me. My last hope on solving this error. If it won't help, then i guess will have to replace MFPB and SSD :(

Lann
02-05-2021, 04:12 PM
Check your pm.

Copier repairman
02-05-2021, 04:59 PM
Please contact me by my email.
canonrp@naver.com
I recover this and get paid.
But I wish you were happy.
I'll help you with no pay.

copier tech
02-05-2021, 06:53 PM
Please contact me by my email.
canonrp@naver.com
I recover this and get paid.
But I wish you were happy.
I'll help you with no pay.

Not sure I would trust you with ZERO rep power.

Sanker
02-05-2021, 07:07 PM
One kind person has sent me a firmwave, so if I will be able to fix that bizhub this thread will be updated so everybody would see if it helps.

Synthohol
02-05-2021, 07:25 PM
Since nobody has pointed it out, when you zap the SSD board you MUST enter the correct machine and type from the selection of the firmware stick or no firmware can be installed.

copier tech
02-05-2021, 07:32 PM
Since nobody has pointed it out, when you zap the SSD board you MUST enter the correct machine and type from the selection of the firmware stick or no firmware can be installed.

True, but if the machine has an error & you can’t enter CE you can’t perform this step.

emujo2
02-05-2021, 07:43 PM
I have had a rash of these at an college. The machines have been OFF since around May..many of the e series are giving this message..My tech support line is telling my tech if the reset tool doesn't work then they have to replace SSD and main board..and they want a NEW F'ing main board. No way..I'm just doing service swaps with any that can't get going with just the reset tool and a little bit of labor..Im about ready to send a few techs to advanced soldering school so they can replace these freaking batteries..Also, you may get replace drum/ITB messages as well. This is horrible. E

copier tech
02-05-2021, 08:24 PM
I have had a rash of these at an college. The machines have been OFF since around May..many of the e series are giving this message..My tech support line is telling my tech if the reset tool doesn't work then they have to replace SSD and main board..and they want a NEW F'ing main board. No way..I'm just doing service swaps with any that can't get going with just the reset tool and a little bit of labor..Im about ready to send a few techs to advanced soldering school so they can replace these freaking batteries..Also, you may get replace drum/ITB messages as well. This is horrible. E

Interesting.

If the MFD is still plugged in & powered on at the wall there is no reason for the back up battery to go flat.

emujo2
02-05-2021, 08:34 PM
I couldn't agree more, however, I still have a large amount of these with batteries no longer holding the settings. And as the poster said, one of the reasons for this message is a dead battery. I'm sure some of these were left plugged into the wall as well. A lot of it is just old crap..were going on the 6th year lease as these guys dont want or can't afford to upgrade..and as it's CPC..no clicks means no charge..I just wish no clicks meant no service...E

copier tech
02-05-2021, 08:46 PM
I couldn't agree more, however, I still have a large amount of these with batteries no longer holding the settings. And as the poster said, one of the reasons for this message is a dead battery. I'm sure some of these were left plugged into the wall as well. A lot of it is just old crap..were going on the 6th year lease as these guys dont want or can't afford to upgrade..and as it's CPC..no clicks means no charge..I just wish no clicks meant no service...E

These machines when new are left boxed up in a crate for months sometimes a year+ without an issue.

Maybe if they have been unplugged from the wall for a very long time the battery will go flat, never heard of this before.

blackcat4866
02-05-2021, 10:24 PM

I was just thinking that. I hope you chose the correct model number at the beginning of the firmware update process. =^..^=

Sanker
02-06-2021, 06:44 AM

I did that right. But thank you.

I don't know why but this winter we had more troubles then ever with drained batteries on different konica's (new/old no matter). But c224e is the first type which makes the replace so difficult.

Sanker
02-10-2021, 07:16 AM
Update:

I didn't fix first machine (c224e) after replacing battery, it's still shows "TPM Chip has been changed. Initialize tpm chip". I think I did a lot of different wrong combinations while trying to fix that without special firmware an without enough knowledge about that problem and how to repair it properly. I guess I will find some used MFPB with SSD and try to get it work.

I've managed to revive the second one (c364e).
1) Firstly I replaced a battery (it had 2.6 V :eek:)
2) After that I did a reset firmware 3 times in a row (A145FW)
3) Then installed a GHV-M1 firmware (it didn't install from first attempt "Download N.G.", the second attempt installed properly)
4) The last thing i did was entering Serial Numbers and turning on ADF/HDD etc. stuff)

The machine (c364e) has full functionality at this moment,but i didn't expect print/scan Counters to be zeroed, while Consumable life counters are ok.

Thank you guys for every information you provided me with.

Hansoon
02-10-2021, 07:50 AM
Very useful information for me cause I am getting machines from wholesalers. Those machines by nature are a long time not connected to power.

Thanks!

Hans

iamaduck
08-12-2021, 05:53 AM
my c224e also encountered the same problem after unplugged from wall for several months.
may i know how to replace the battery myself?

jwai
08-12-2021, 03:40 PM
i had this experience on this issue before and replaced MFPB and SSD at same time, fixed !
caution, counter all will be zero.

femaster
08-14-2021, 12:07 AM
my c224e also encountered the same problem after unplugged from wall for several months.
may i know how to replace the battery myself?

1) Figure out what battery is in it, buy one.
2) Remove the circuit board from copier.
3) Make use of your excellent soldering skills.
4) Reinstall board.
5) Follow instructions from an earlier post to bring it back to life.

iamaduck
08-24-2021, 05:40 AM
1) Figure out what battery is in it, buy one.
2) Remove the circuit board from copier.
3) Make use of your excellent soldering skills.
4) Reinstall board.
5) Follow instructions from an earlier post to bring it back to life.

Thank you, i am buying the battery
hope can resume it

jwai
09-09-2021, 04:42 PM
I just collected one C224e which have same issue, check the battery on MFPB and it has 2.7V

iamaduck
10-22-2021, 07:46 AM
Thank you, i am buying the battery
hope can resume it

so poor that i have replaced the battery but the problem still persist, could anyone can teach me how to solve it?

Gift
10-22-2021, 09:36 AM
so poor that i have replaced the battery but the problem still persist, could anyone can teach me how to solve it?

Guess you need a little luck. We had a few cases with success and some without - I recall at one time we also had to put a new ssd board in to revive the MFP board but in and start the MFP with the reset tool (after battery change of course) another case that "final attempt" didn't helped, too. Guess there's no 100% success guarantuee for these procedures.

romario
10-22-2021, 03:11 PM

initializing the ram solves

https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/image/png;base64,iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAABQAAAAUCAQAAAA ngNWGAAAA/0lEQVR4AYXNMSiEcRyA4cfmGHQbCZIipkuxnJgMStlMNmeyD2d wmc8 sZgxYJd9ErIZFHUyYYD7fkr6l4/rnvmtl7 KitrqV/fq2Y5eLY3Z9S48eRLe7BmVZ9qhTLhQ0algzZWQOVKSsCF8OjAn wbxDTWFDUhPK/jMr1H6HE/IqRky2DyvCefuwItwZzodVoYRiLqMkVCXrwpJ9twZ sgfDYEFYl8wIWxZ9uFf7zkallxlJh4YrLGsKjZRx7VGHhLqwgF UN45DGdb8MeXGpgB4ABZdeDcpZEY51A hyLKz4S1W4MQWm3AibWtgWmk6dyISa1pSdyWTOlLXVp0 eL9D/ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

jwai
10-22-2021, 03:27 PM
Romario, how to do that?
I wanna try to fix.

Synthohol
10-22-2021, 09:37 PM
in case it was never posted in this thread tldr*

Problem

The MFP (bizhub 4e series) will suddenly lose it's meters and serial number
Note: The following messages will be shown and will not clear:

"TPM Chip has been changed"
"Only black and white printing is possible."
"Fax is currently unavailable"
"Banner Print Job in Queue"

Solution
CAUSE: Possible data corruption after powering OFF the MFP for an extended period of time.

SOLUTION: Perform the steps below.
1. Install the MFP Board if the board is a repaired board run the Reset Tar file 3 times on the MFPB
2. Once the third Data initialization is complete Power Down the main power and wait 20 seconds
3. Insert firmware stick with (latest Special firmware) and turn the MFP on
4. When the firmware screen comes up check/correct Machine and Type, then flash firmware.
5. After firmware has loaded, power down machine remove USB and power machine back on.
6. Allow the MFP to perform it's recovery process if the CD390 occurs recover data.
7. On reboot if the TPM chip has been changed message happens order a New SSD board through Warranty FOC program.
8. Install new SSD Board and flash machine with latest special firmware
9. Power ON machine and test all functions

Note: Please follow the READMe has specific instructions on "How to update the firmware.pdf"

sras
10-31-2021, 05:52 PM
Discharge the backup battery to keep the motherboard data.
Execute the initialization firmware after replacing the backup battery.
Used after initial setup.

jwai
11-02-2021, 02:21 PM
in case it was never posted in this thread tldr*

Problem

The MFP (bizhub 4e series) will suddenly lose it's meters and serial number
Note: The following messages will be shown and will not clear:

"TPM Chip has been changed"
"Only black and white printing is possible."
"Fax is currently unavailable"
"Banner Print Job in Queue"

Solution
CAUSE: Possible data corruption after powering OFF the MFP for an extended period of time.

SOLUTION: Perform the steps below.
1. Install the MFP Board if the board is a repaired board run the Reset Tar file 3 times on the MFPB
2. Once the third Data initialization is complete Power Down the main power and wait 20 seconds
3. Insert firmware stick with (latest Special firmware) and turn the MFP on
4. When the firmware screen comes up check/correct Machine and Type, then flash firmware.
5. After firmware has loaded, power down machine remove USB and power machine back on.
6. Allow the MFP to perform it's recovery process if the CD390 occurs recover data.
7. On reboot if the TPM chip has been changed message happens order a New SSD board through Warranty FOC program.
8. Install new SSD Board and flash machine with latest special firmware
9. Power ON machine and test all functions

Note: Please follow the READMe has specific instructions on "How to update the firmware.pdf"

Thank you very much for your information.
I checked the issue here all are plugged on wall outlet and main switch ON ever.

Custom Search