PDA

View Full Version : BH 363 paper Jam tray 1 error code 30-03

Custom Search

MJR
02-04-2021, 07:46 PM
I have a BH363 that jams from tray 1. The error code is 30-03, I have installed tray 1 pick up, feed and separation rollers and clutches and I have cleaned and lubricated the registration roller bushings and it still jams only from tray 1. Can anyone help guide me to the next steps to fix this issue?
Thanks
MJR

Synthohol
02-04-2021, 08:20 PM
Anytime I have had that code it's either been a very worn reg roller or something behind the tray tricking the machine into changing paper size during a copy.
If you change tray 1 to landscape does the issue still exiat?

copier addict
02-04-2021, 08:23 PM
I have a BH363 that jams from tray 1. The error code is 30-03, I have installed tray 1 pick up, feed and separation rollers and clutches and I have cleaned and lubricated the registration roller bushings and it still jams only from tray 1. Can anyone help guide me to the next steps to fix this issue?
Thanks
MJR

When you had the registration bushings off did you make sure they weren't worn. I have seen where they will twist and bind the roller.

MJR
02-04-2021, 08:36 PM
Anytime I have had that code it's either been a very worn reg roller or something behind the tray tricking the machine into changing paper size during a copy.
If you change tray 1 to landscape does the issue still exiat?

I changed the paper from landscape to portrait and it still jammed. The registration roller looked good but I cleaned both rollers. I'm thinking about changing the fuser but I don't understand why it would be the fuser when tray 2 and 3 work great

MJR
02-04-2021, 08:42 PM
When you had the registration bushings off did you make sure they weren't worn. I have seen where they will twist and bind the roller.

The bushings did not appear to be worn and the roller seemed to turn without binding. It only jams with multiple copies 3 or more

tsbservice
02-04-2021, 09:44 PM
The bushings did not appear to be worn and the roller seemed to turn without binding. It only jams with multiple copies 3 or more

Then try registration sensor and its actuator.

Synthohol
02-04-2021, 10:54 PM
konicas suggestion...
Model: bizhub 363Code: 30-03
Ensure that paper specifications meet the following criteria.

5.5x8.5
8.5x11
8.5x11R
8.5x14
11x17
12x18

These are the paper weight specifications and machine settings (ensure settings in the print driver match).
Paper Weight.

Thin paper/Plain paper/Recycled paper 52 to 90 g/m2
Thick paper 1 91 to 150 g/m2
Thick paper 2 151 to 209 g/m2
Thick paper 3 210 to 256 g/m2
Thick paper 4 257 to 300 g/m2

not much help.

allan
02-05-2021, 12:17 AM
Have you changed the feed unit at anytime with one from another machine?
The registration clutch been changed?
Try changing out the torque limiter on the separation roller.
What is the total count on the machine?

Lync
02-05-2021, 05:18 AM
Pull the tray out and check the Holder (A0ED627500) Part 6 in image. The plastic that holds onto the shoulder screw becomes cracked and it does not move properly. Push it in and see if it springs back out properly, if it doesn't you will need to replace it.

Hansoon
02-05-2021, 06:53 AM
Had only once that the tip of the actuator in the fusing unit was broken off, only the tip. Depending on the paper and how much the leading edge was curved it gave a jam every 10 minutes. That time I replaced ALL suspected parts. Rollers, one-ways, stepper motors, complete whole vertical transport section with the sync roller bushings and clutch, EVERYTHING except the fuser unit. Had to go to the customer several calls before I found the reason.

My problem was that the space for the machine was narrow and had a very dim light. Not good for diagnosing a MFP wit intermittent jams. Only when I got a strong lamp and inspected the paper path once again I found that the tip of that fuser actuator was gone.....
Most of the time the leading edge touched the actuator in time but sometimes it just missed.

Likely it got ripped off when the user removed a jam with force.

Hans

copier tech
02-05-2021, 10:07 AM
Thanks
MJR

If its only jamming from try one, & you have replaced all the rollers, check the shaft where the one way clutch's sit, this goes shiny after a while & causes them to slip.

However the complete tray 1 feed unit is cheap enough so you can simply just replace the whole thing.

Custom Search