PDA

View Full Version : 250 transfer roller in 223

Custom Search

Lann
02-05-2021, 04:20 PM
Anybody tried to use a transfer roller unit made for BH 250 in 223?
They seems similar, and fits the one from 250 in the 223 just fine, and prints all right, no unusual noises or anything.
Does anyone have a long run experience with this situation? We have a few transfer rollers left for the 250, but not the machines, so, if it won't cause any problem in the long run, we would use them in the 223.

copier addict
02-05-2021, 04:49 PM
Anybody tried to use a transfer roller unit made for BH 250 in 223?
They seems similar, and fits the one from 250 in the 223 just fine, and prints all right, no unusual noises or anything.
Does anyone have a long run experience with this situation? We have a few transfer rollers left for the 250, but not the machines, so, if it won't cause any problem in the long run, we would use them in the 223.

When I still had these in the field I would always use the BH223 transfer roller in the BH250 series.(The BH223 series transfer roller was cheaper). So I would assume the opposite would work as well.

Lann
02-05-2021, 06:06 PM
When I still had these in the field I would always use the BH223 transfer roller in the BH250 series.(The BH223 series transfer roller was cheaper). So I would assume the opposite would work as well.
Awesome, thank you for the info!

femaster
02-06-2021, 03:56 AM
They will work in either or, and can be swapped. The only difference between them is one has a black stick on plastic layer over the metal part and the other doesn't, but we have never had a problem using either one in either line of machines.

Hansoon
02-06-2021, 09:30 AM
I swap them as I like in case of an emergency. Never had any issue. But I try to keep them within the series they are intended for. Must be a reason KonicaMinolta had that black plastic sheet made on them.

BTW, to clean them, rinse and soak with pure water, than rub them clean with water with a little dish washing liquid in it, rinse again with plain water, dry them as much with compressed air especially also the white/black collars where they run on the shaft and let them further dry over 24h. Works guaranteed and until now no need for replacement never, ever. Have machines over 1 million living good with it.

Ok, ok, I know, guys here will say WTF they costs peanuts but, an "Indy struck by poverty" ;) is saving money doing this on Saturdays which would otherwise be boring anyway ........

:)

Hans

Lann
02-06-2021, 10:38 AM
They will work in either or, and can be swapped. The only difference between them is one has a black stick on plastic layer over the metal part and the other doesn't, but we have never had a problem using either one in either line of machines.
The one i had in the 223 machine has 4-4 sheets/side, and the new, made for 250 has 6-6. So i removed 2-2 from it, just in case, but if you guys did not experience any problem with it as it is, i might just skip this move in the future.

copier addict
02-06-2021, 09:57 PM
The one i had in the 223 machine has 4-4 sheets/side, and the new, made for 250 has 6-6. So i removed 2-2 from it, just in case, but if you guys did not experience any problem with it as it is, i might just skip this move in the future.

When I used to mount the BH223 transfer roller to the BH250 I would not modify it in any way. I think the foam roller has a slightly bigger diameter but it never caused any issues.

femaster
02-09-2021, 03:16 AM

We've never bothered to remove any of the plastic sheets (spacers), just left them as they were. I wouldn't worry about doing that in the future.

Custom Search