PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Ecosys M5526cdn - Cannot change IP address via web interface

Custom Search

StoufferTheCat
02-05-2021, 04:25 PM
Hi All,
We've just had a Kyocera Ecosys M5526cdn attached to our wired network on a remote site.
Via the DHCP server I was able to locate what IP address it had been given and was able to hit the web interface.

Logged in with the default Admin/Admin credentials and went into the Network Settings.
Set DHCP/BOOTP & Auto IP to OFF
This opens up the IP address fields, so I gave the printer the settings that I wanted:

IP Address
Subnet
Gateway
DNS

Hit Submit at the bottom and the spinning circle appears for a few moments, the page refreshes and all of my manual settings have been removed, it is set back to DHCP/BOOTP and Auto IP ON
It does say at the bottom of the screen that you must Restart Device/Network if you make any changes.
So I follow the link to the Restart page - I've tried restarting Just the Network, just the device, device followed by network, network followed by device.

It matters not what I do - as soon as the device or network is restarted it goes back to DHCP ON, ignores all of the manual IP details I've entered and it remains on the address assigned via DHCP.
Am I missing something really obvious here? Surely there is a way I can log into this printer and change the IP address details?

copiertec
02-05-2021, 04:57 PM
Hi All,
We've just had a Kyocera Ecosys M5526cdn attached to our wired network on a remote site.
Via the DHCP server I was able to locate what IP address it had been given and was able to hit the web interface.

Logged in with the default Admin/Admin credentials and went into the Network Settings.
This opens up the IP address fields, so I gave the printer the settings that I wanted:

IP Address
Subnet
Gateway
DNS

Hit Submit at the bottom and the spinning circle appears for a few moments, the page refreshes and all of my manual settings have been removed, it is set back to DHCP/BOOTP and Auto IP ON
It does say at the bottom of the screen that you must Restart Device/Network if you make any changes.
So I follow the link to the Restart page - I've tried restarting Just the Network, just the device, device followed by network, network followed by device.

It matters not what I do - as soon as the device or network is restarted it goes back to DHCP ON, ignores all of the manual IP details I've entered and it remains on the address assigned via DHCP.
Am I missing something really obvious here? Surely there is a way I can log into this printer and change the IP address details?

Have you tried accessing the webpage with the dhcp address and changing it though that?

StoufferTheCat
02-05-2021, 05:05 PM
Hi,

Yer - that is exactly what I've done.
So I managed to find it via MAC address and found that our DHCP server had given it the IP address 10.59.xxx.xxx
I accessed the printer via that IP address and logged into it with Admin/Admin.

Went into "Network Settings>TCP/IP" and turned off DHCP and manually entered the Static IP address I want to use.
Applied settings, rebooted printer - back to DHCP and using the IP address as assigned via DHCP.
Back in again, manually entered the IP address I want the printer to use, restarted the networking, restarted the printer........
On reboot DHCP switched on again and once again it's on the DHCP assigned IP address and not the one I'm manually giving it.

copiertec
02-05-2021, 06:07 PM
Hi,

Yer - that is exactly what I've done.
So I managed to find it via MAC address and found that our DHCP server had given it the IP address 10.59.xxx.xxx
I accessed the printer via that IP address and logged into it with Admin/Admin.

Went into "Network Settings>TCP/IP" and turned off DHCP and manually entered the Static IP address I want to use.
Applied settings, rebooted printer - back to DHCP and using the IP address as assigned via DHCP.
Back in again, manually entered the IP address I want the printer to use, restarted the networking, restarted the printer........
On reboot DHCP switched on again and once again it's on the DHCP assigned IP address and not the one I'm manually giving it.

Have you tried from the control panel of the machine as well?

copier tech
02-05-2021, 07:08 PM
Hi All,

IP Address
Subnet
Gateway
DNS

Best to turn on DHCP from the device then reboot.

Check what address DHCP picked up & use this to access the machine.

I always leave DHCP turned on & use MAC address reservation if required.

StoufferTheCat
02-08-2021, 10:34 AM
Hi All,

No - not tried from the control panel on the front of the printer, it's what I was trying to avoid.
The remote site has no technical people onsite and although that process isn't exactly "rocket science" I was hoping to avoid needing to try and talk them through it - every other printer we've had in the past you simply switch on, allow DHCP to assign an address, connect via that address and then change it.

We prefer feeding static IP's into a printer as it solves any potential issues if a DHCP server were to go down etc.
Not against DHCP reservation, but certainly from printers we've always moved them over to static IP.

Looks like this new Kyocera just cannot have an IP address change via the web interface, which is a little odd as printers many years older don't have this issue.
Oh well, have to talk someone on site through the process I guess.

Cheers.

copiertec
02-08-2021, 12:39 PM
Hi All,

No - not tried from the control panel on the front of the printer, it's what I was trying to avoid.
The remote site has no technical people onsite and although that process isn't exactly "rocket science" I was hoping to avoid needing to try and talk them through it - every other printer we've had in the past you simply switch on, allow DHCP to assign an address, connect via that address and then change it.

We prefer feeding static IP's into a printer as it solves any potential issues if a DHCP server were to go down etc.
Not against DHCP reservation, but certainly from printers we've always moved them over to static IP.

Looks like this new Kyocera just cannot have an IP address change via the web interface, which is a little odd as printers many years older don't have this issue.
Oh well, have to talk someone on site through the process I guess.

Cheers.

For remote locations we usually have an "admin," and they are usually willing to try to work with us over the phone or we have a step by step guide that they can follow and call with any questions. Maybe, you could try that?

bsm2
02-08-2021, 12:42 PM
Try changing web browser

Also a reboot or restart of network services will be required to change settings for any Kyocera

KyoServiceManager
02-08-2021, 05:36 PM
Make sure firmware is most current version. If your company uses KFS, maybe you could try changing the network info through that interface.

kuby
02-08-2021, 08:46 PM
What browser are you using? Best to try Chrome. I found out that other browsers sometimes do not work correctly.

DKD
11-07-2022, 09:40 AM
Hi All,

IP Address
Subnet
Gateway
DNS

A bit late but for others encountering this issue, on the physical unit someone needs to press next a couple of times before the changes can go through via the web interface. So even if you can reach it via DHCP and it looks ok, the only thing you can alter before this is done on the unit is the password.

Custom Search