PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C-368, CD-011 hard drive code...

Custom Search

Oystercopy
02-08-2021, 10:07 PM
Hey all... I ended up bringing this machine in shop to troubleshoot. Replaced the HDD, no change. Tried re-initializing; nothing.
Any help appreciated!
OC

EarthKmTech
02-08-2021, 10:33 PM
in the firmware listings in service mode check if sata controller is version 03 or 04. if its 03 update it with the special firmware. Very well known issue on early version machines.

I've never had to replace the board once, i've been able to recover from this every single time. I have heard of others not succeeding and replacing the board though. Sometimes the update may have to be done 2 or 3 times if it fails to update. 99% of the time it worked first time for me.

Oystercopy
02-09-2021, 02:58 AM
Thanks EarthKM Tech... I remembered that bulletin when I read your post.

YES, the machine is completely missing that SATA F/W in the folder!

However, now, I can't get it to load F/W through the USB stick at all, which is strange. The machine goes into regular bootup when I hold down the STOP key.

My main F/W level is at W4, so not ancient or anything.

I've tried several ways to get the machine to boot into F/W update mode, but nothing.

Any additional help appreciated!
OC

Bix
02-09-2021, 08:24 AM
Hi, the D011 error you can fix it with a NEW HDD. You said you replaced: but used or new?

This may sound strange but in the my case, I replaced it with a working HDD from another identical printer. I did all the formatting but it didn't fix the error. After inserting a new HDD, the problem disappeared.

Also check the status of the Sata cables. Make the latest firmware update G00-X4+
As a last resort, replace MFPB.

copier tech
02-09-2021, 10:53 AM
Hi, the D011 error you can fix it with a NEW HDD. You said you replaced: but used or new?

This may sound strange but in the my case, I replaced it with a working HDD from another identical printer. I did all the formatting but it didn't fix the error. After inserting a new HDD, the problem disappeared.

Also check the status of the Sata cables. Make the latest firmware update G00-X4+
As a last resort, replace MFPB.

A new HDD comes unallocated with no partitions so when you fit a used HDD I delete all active partitions so basically mimicking what new drives come shipped like. So this ‘fools’ the copier into thinking you have fitted a brand new HDD. This method works for me.

Oystercopy
02-09-2021, 08:28 PM
The HDD I replaced the original with was a known working HDD from another Bizhub C-308, so, no, not brand new. But if that drive works in another machine, it should work here too. But I do have another new 320gb drive I can put in it to try, but my REAL issue is why the machine won't take the F/W to fix the SATA issue...
OC

Maricores
02-24-2022, 12:59 PM
I had the same problem with another type of machine. My own is Bizhub C 450i. The failure was to buy this one before reading comments about it lol. A lot of people complain about that kind of issue. That’s why I just connected with Hard Drive Recovery Services - SALVAGEDATA Recovery (https://www.salvagedata.com/hard-drive-recovery/). They helped me to fix it and explained the problem. I do not think that the solution is to just replace an HDD and re-initialize. The main trouble with that kind of machine is that it is difficult to attach non-manufacturer devices. You need to take it from another identical one. What kind of HDD you replaced?

Custom Search