PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub only scanning to TIFF

Custom Search

Payyyy
02-11-2021, 05:34 PM
Hi, working on a bizhub 200, for several years the users in this office have been scanning to email as PDF on this machine without issue. After a drum unit replacement and a factory reset the machine will only scan to email as TIFF despite being set to PDF in the menus, this was confirmed by printing the settings report and also accessing the settings via the web GUI also without any result.

Running out of ideas.. the staff here is reluctant to using the TIFF format. Other than trying another factory reset are there other avenues? I thought a firmware update maybe, but I don’t know where to find them.

thanks for any help you can provide!

qbert69
02-11-2021, 06:05 PM
Specifying the Default TIFF Print Settings (https://manuals.konicaminolta.eu/bizhub-C554-C454-C364-C284-C224/EN/contents/id08-0171.html)SCANNING BRAH!!! *NOT* PRINTING!!!
...check your linky!!![emoji57]

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Phil B.
02-11-2021, 06:07 PM
SCANNING BRAH!!! *NOT* PRINTING!!!
...check your linky!!![emoji57]

your right this was BC (before coffee)

Payyyy
02-11-2021, 06:19 PM
Are you telling that setting the scan format to TIFF is going to give us PDF?

qbert69
02-11-2021, 06:24 PM
Are you telling that setting the scan format to TIFF is going to give us PDF?Choose the settings you like in scan mode then go into system settings->user settings->scan settings ->set current as default (should lock it in...not in front of a machine right now!)
Good Luck![emoji41][emoji1303]

emujo2
02-11-2021, 06:26 PM
Found this on one of my old "paper brains"

To default the scan file type to PDF, perform the following:
1. Press the Utility/Counter button.
2. Select Check Details.
3. Enter the Service Mode
4. Enter the Service passcode and press End.
5. Select Soft Switch Settings.
6. Select Mode Selection and enter mode 360.
7. Select Bit Selection and scroll to Bit 0 and change the value to 1.
8. Press Set.
9. Cycle machine main power switch OFF/ON.

femaster
02-12-2021, 03:09 AM
Choose the settings you like in scan mode then go into system settings->user settings->scan settings ->set current as default (should lock it in...not in front of a machine right now!)

He's talking a Bizhub 200 here, no such menus or settings existed for at least another 2 to 3 years after the 200 was produced....

Oystercopy
02-12-2021, 03:36 AM
Choose the settings you like in scan mode then go into system settings->user settings->scan settings ->set current as default (should lock it in...not in front of a machine right now!)

I'm going with this idea... it should save whatever settings you have set on the panel.

femaster
02-12-2021, 03:59 AM
I'm going with this idea... it should save whatever settings you have set on the panel.

Nope. See my comment right above yours...

tsbservice
02-12-2021, 06:53 AM

OC, Yes but it works on newer models.

emujo2
02-12-2021, 01:26 PM
He's talking a Bizhub 200 here, no such menus or settings existed for at least another 2 to 3 years after the 200 was produced....

Well you may be correct..I guess the info direct from KM itself is wrong..

ID: KBA00902518
Related Products:bizhub 200,bizhub 222,bizhub 250,bizhub 282,bizhub 350,bizhub 362
Related Options:

Question
How to default the scan file type to PDF.

Payyyy
02-12-2021, 03:24 PM
Found this on one of my old "paper brains"

To default the scan file type to PDF, perform the following:
2. Select Check Details.
3. Enter the Service Mode
5. Select Soft Switch Settings.
6. Select Mode Selection and enter mode 360.
7. Select Bit Selection and scroll to Bit 0 and change the value to 1.
8. Press Set.
9. Cycle machine main power switch OFF/ON.

confirmed this is accurate in the service manual... tried it.. still e-mailing TIF :(

emujo2
02-12-2021, 04:27 PM
confirmed this is accurate in the service manual... tried it.. still e-mailing TIF :(

This is a pretty old machine..I have nothing to test with...Any chance the original one touches keep their settings but any new OneTouch would be defaulted to PDF? E

Payyyy
02-12-2021, 04:37 PM
This is a pretty old machine..I have nothing to test with...Any chance the original one touches keep their settings but any new OneTouch would be defaulted to PDF? E

oh no that was it haha feeling really silly right now . Thanks!

femaster
02-13-2021, 06:32 AM
Well you may be correct..I guess the info direct from KM itself is wrong..

ID: KBA00902518
Related Products:bizhub 200,bizhub 222,bizhub 250,bizhub 282,bizhub 350,bizhub 362
Related Options:

Question
How to default the scan file type to PDF.

The info in the KB you have indicated is correct:
2. Select Check Details.
3. Enter the Service Mode.
5. Etc...

I never stated that the method in your post was wrong. If you look back at my post, you will see that I quoted the incorrect method from another post, not yours. The info I originally quoted and replied to is wrong:
"Choose the settings you like in scan mode then go into system settings->user settings->scan settings ->set current as default."

That method works perfectly fine on newer models, but on the 200, there was no such menus or settings.

emujo2
02-15-2021, 08:17 PM
The info in the KB you have indicated is correct:
2. Select Check Details.
3. Enter the Service Mode.
5. Etc...

I never stated that the method in your post was wrong. If you look back at my post, you will see that I quoted the incorrect method from another post, not yours. The info I originally quoted and replied to is wrong:
"Choose the settings you like in scan mode then go into system settings->user settings->scan settings ->set current as default."

That method works perfectly fine on newer models, but on the 200, there was no such menus or settings.

Understood..E

Custom Search