PDA

View Full Version : Jamming Bizhub 25e keeps jamming documents

Custom Search

zodiaco
02-13-2021, 03:15 AM
My BH 25e keeps jamming documents in the ADF. I cannot figure out a pattern, sometimes it's the first page, sometimes the sixt, and sometimes (very rarely, though) it'd scan 15 pages without any issues. Normal weight letter size office paper. I can't wrap my head around it. It is super annoying especially with faxes and when scanning multiple pages. The jam happens always at the same position: paper gets fed in 3in, then the machine stops and says : "Document jam. Open flashing cover and check". How can I troubleshoot or what can I do? Where can I get a new ADF assembly?

Machine has 2000 pages scanned and 4000 pages printed.

Thank you!

Alex

femaster
02-13-2021, 06:41 AM
Have you cleaned the pickup and feed tires with anything? These small models are terrible for jamming when the tires start to get dirty.

zodiaco
02-13-2021, 01:30 PM
I cleaned every single rubber roll with alcohol. They look clean. Thank you.

Have you cleaned the pickup and feed tires with anything? These small models are terrible for jamming when the tires start to get dirty.

WLIT
02-13-2021, 02:55 PM
What about the separation pad assembly? Have you cleaned it or replaced? Might not be separating the sheets properly.

copyman
02-14-2021, 12:32 PM
I believe that machine is made by Muratec. Not sure if they use jam codes like Konica Minolta but it may help if you see what code is. You can rule out rollers & sep being bad with that little page count. I would look more for a bent mylar guide, sensor out of place or broken, etc.
Even a staple or paper clip in path. This might be one of those calls you need to take apart the feeder to see whats going on. The other alternative is buy another machine from a wholesaler and swap feeders. My wholesaler sells whole low meter 25e's for $25-$50

blackcat4866
02-14-2021, 02:46 PM
In the future, alcohol is not the best choice for rubber rollers. In the long term it will dry them out. I use an orange oil based cleaner. The first page or two leaves an oily residue on the original, then it feeds better.

It's unlikely that anything will be worn out at so low a count, but after 10 years the rollers had plenty of chance to get dirty.

A good way to dislodge a foreign object or flipped mylar is to use a LTR sized mylar report cover. Insert it into the paper path, and roll it through. It will push through a foreign object or flip back a flipped mylar.
=^..^=

BillyCarpenter
02-14-2021, 02:51 PM
In the future, alcohol is not the best choice for rubber rollers. In the long term it will dry them out. I use an orange oil based cleaner. The first page or two leaves an oily residue on the original, then it feeds better.

It's unlikely that anything will be worn out at so low a count, but after 10 years the rollers had plenty of chance to get dirty.

A good way to dislodge a foreign object or flipped mylar is to use a LTR sized mylar report cover. Insert it into the paper path, and roll it through. It will push through a foreign object or flip back a flipped mylar.
=^..^=

This is a little off topic, but what do you use to clean the primary feed roller of document feeder DP-770/772? And how about the transfer belt for Kyocera? Thanks.

blackcat4866
02-14-2021, 03:27 PM
This is a little off topic, but what do you use to clean the primary feed roller of document feeder DP-770/772?
If it's rubber or neoprene, Contractors De-Solv-It:

https://www.amazon.com/Orange-Sol-De-Solv-It-Contractors-Solvent/dp/B016TQD5KK/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&gclid=CjwKCAiAsaOBBhA4EiwAo0_AnEgTyKq64HwF16xHp3FZ H3xFQDcY2nAH3gSzxxGBYWiVtgPLI2ox5BoCljoQAvD_BwE&hvadid=177777239705&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9017042&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=16290405130724438202&hvtargid=kwd-1819157289&hydadcr=1668_9901581&keywords=de-solv-it+contractors+solvent&qid=1613314582&sr=8-3&tag=googhydr-20

... And how about the transfer belt for Kyocera? Thanks.
Generally, I try not to use anything on transfer belts. Most transfer belts of other brands are mylar-like, and the only reason I would clean would be to remove label adhesive. The Contractors De-Solv-It or Paraffin Lamp Oil removes adhesive or what-have-you, but both are oily and require an alcohol wash afterwards. Do your washing with the affected area of the belt over a facing roller (backing), so to avoid stretching/damaging the surface. It also leaves a streaky image quality afterwards that is only fixed by the squeegeeing affect of the primary transfer belt wiper over 100 to 200 prints.

The Kyocera transfer belts are more rubber-like, and care needs to be taken with what solvents are used. Similar to the DF belts on the old analog DFs, certain solvents may cause the belt to stretch and become loose, making them unusable. Were I to clean label adhesive from a Kyocera transfer belt I would use the Paraffin Lamp Oil followed by an alcohol wash only in the smallest possible area. Visible gray streaks on Kyocera transfer belts typically do not affect image quality, and cleaning only makes image quailty worse (streaky).
=^..^=

EDIT: tmaged claims that this stuff works. I cannot confirm or deny, either way:
Private Label - Electronics Cleaner (https://www.airduster.com/EC222222.aspx)
https://www.airduster.com/MSDS/EC-222-222-ElectronicsCleanerSDS8oz.pdf
Its got to be good. There's a picture of a Canon Analog in the Ad.
The main ingredient is butyl oxyethanol ... I wouldn't inhale any more than necessary.
=^..^=

copyman
02-14-2021, 05:28 PM
This is a little off topic, but what do you use to clean the primary feed roller of document feeder DP-770/772? And how about the transfer belt for Kyocera? Thanks.

I try and use as little chemicals as possible. I now only carry WD-40 & alcohol. Many times I will use wd-40 first then wipe with small amount of alcohol. The WD-40 impregnates the rubber but sometimes it doesn't wipe off certain rollers so I will give a quick wipe with alcohol. As far as alcohol drying out rubber it will take so long it's not even worth worrying about.

copier tech
02-14-2021, 06:51 PM
I try and use as little chemicals as possible. I now only carry WD-40 & alcohol. Many times I will use wd-40 first then wipe with small amount of alcohol. The WD-40 impregnates the rubber but sometimes it doesn't wipe off certain rollers so I will give a quick wipe with alcohol. As far as alcohol drying out rubber it will take so long it's not even worth worrying about.

Totally agree, many engineers will disagree.

Use sandpaper to rough up the rollers then clean with WD-40 they will literally feed as if new.

tsbservice
02-14-2021, 07:55 PM
A4 models ADF rollers/feeding are terrible(any manufacturer). They aren't made for a lot of scanning. Regardless of counter rubber wears with age just as your car tyres. Generally speaking newer machines rollers are way more reliable, I remember analog Toshiba rollers went slick as F1 bolid tyres after 80k pages and even before if the paper is cheap cr.p. Today KM rollers frequently outlast their oneways/torque limiter. Nuff said.

scanmc
02-15-2021, 12:14 AM
I'm going to say its the ADF lid that is bad. There is a weak plastic loop on the upper feed assembly lock down hooks on the rear side that breaks therefore not holding the lid down while feeding. If you watch the lid on the rear side while feeding it will jump up. Lift the ADF lid up and wiggle the rear hook and you'll see what I'm taking about. Replaced dozens on Muratec machines

L0rdC
02-15-2021, 01:50 PM
We usé this cleaner

https://www.amazon.es/dp/B07BR36PC3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_NP7FNJX65Y5PXW46D9P1

Cantechman
02-18-2021, 07:44 PM
My BH 25e keeps jamming documents in the ADF. I cannot figure out a pattern, sometimes it's the first page, sometimes the sixt, and sometimes (very rarely, though) it'd scan 15 pages without any issues. Normal weight letter size office paper. I can't wrap my head around it. It is super annoying especially with faxes and when scanning multiple pages. The jam happens always at the same position: paper gets fed in 3in, then the machine stops and says : "Document jam. Open flashing cover and check". How can I troubleshoot or what can I do? Where can I get a new ADF assembly?

Machine has 2000 pages scanned and 4000 pages printed.

Thank you!

Alex

Check the actuator that hangs down. I had one that would randomly stick up in place when it was suppose to move back in position after the sheet was fed. Make sure if moves freely, push it up a bunch of times to see if it falls back every time.

zodiaco
02-24-2021, 02:49 AM
Check the actuator that hangs down. I had one that would randomly stick up in place when it was suppose to move back in position after the sheet was fed. Make sure if moves freely, push it up a bunch of times to see if it falls back every time.

Where can I see the actuator? Thank you!

zodiaco
02-24-2021, 02:49 AM
I'm going to say its the ADF lid that is bad. There is a weak plastic loop on the upper feed assembly lock down hooks on the rear side that breaks therefore not holding the lid down while feeding. If you watch the lid on the rear side while feeding it will jump up. Lift the ADF lid up and wiggle the rear hook and you'll see what I'm taking about. Replaced dozens on Muratec machines

How can I fix this? Thank you!

zodiaco
02-24-2021, 02:50 AM
I believe that machine is made by Muratec. Not sure if they use jam codes like Konica Minolta but it may help if you see what code is. You can rule out rollers & sep being bad with that little page count. I would look more for a bent mylar guide, sensor out of place or broken, etc.
Even a staple or paper clip in path. This might be one of those calls you need to take apart the feeder to see whats going on. The other alternative is buy another machine from a wholesaler and swap feeders. My wholesaler sells whole low meter 25e's for $25-$50

No error codes.
Where can I get another machine or ADF assy?
Thank you!

Cantechman
02-24-2021, 01:42 PM
Where can I see the actuator? Thank you!

It's been a while, but I think it's the one i have attached circled. It would randomly stick in the up position.

Custom Search