PDA

View Full Version : Weird highlighted text glitch?

Custom Search

Synaux
02-13-2021, 04:48 AM
This happens on multiple workstations and different browsers when writing a post:

If I double click on a word to replace it with a different word, I cannot replace the text--If I type, nothing happens--the highlighted text stays highlighted and nothing happens (this only happens with double clicking [mouse], if I scroll-select the text via mouse or control+shift, no problem).

If I double click with the mouse, I must click with the mouse to the side of the word I want to replace or press left/right arrow to reset the cursor.

This is not a big deal and just a habit thing....and just annoying and sometimes slightly confusing at times (hope I described this well).

Anyone else getting this?

copier tech
02-13-2021, 10:18 AM
This happens on multiple workstations and different browsers when writing a post:

If I double click on a word to replace it with a different word, I cannot replace the text--If I type, nothing happens--the highlighted text stays highlighted and nothing happens (this only happens with double clicking [mouse], if I scroll-select the text via mouse or control+shift, no problem).

If I double click with the mouse, I must click with the mouse to the side of the word I want to replace or press left/right arrow to reset the cursor.

This is not a big deal and just a habit thing....and just annoying and sometimes slightly confusing at times (hope I described this well).

Yes, this has been like this for while I agree can be a little annoying.

tsbservice
02-13-2021, 11:40 AM

Not a big deal for me but it happens. There are some more important things we all know missing mainly lack of moderators, but it is what it is...sigh

JR2ALTA
02-13-2021, 03:10 PM
If you highlight a word it won't disappear by typing a new word. You must hit delete or backspace. First world problems.

slimslob
02-14-2021, 12:58 AM
What browser are you using? I haven't had a problem with Firefox. I have however been having a problem with "Internal Server Error" today when trying to post a reply. If I try to reload it double posts. It I close the tab and reopen the thread the post is there.

HaleBacker
03-19-2021, 06:29 PM
I didn't see such glitches still. May be it is too early

Custom Search