PDA

View Full Version : Konica c754e Nic no lights , won't light up when plugged in to network. No communi

Custom Search

blazebusiness
02-18-2021, 01:19 AM
Looks like the network interface card failed. Nowadays that is part of the MFP pcb and I will need to replace the whole board. Has anybody here had those Nic's fail on the C754e series?

blackcat4866
02-18-2021, 01:33 AM
No, the last failed NIC I saw was on a FalconIII Copystar, and it was failed before I took on the service. I arranged a special service agreement to exclude the network functionality, and the customer agreed (rather than buy a main controller board).

Before I did anything else, I'd connect to my laptop via crossover and see if network communication is possible to the laptop, off the network.

If communication is still not possible I would reset the NIC, and try again.

If scanning is not critical, maybe you can network via a USB print server. =^..^=

spock
02-18-2021, 02:37 AM
I have had NIC failures on a few different KM models... either the port is physically damaged / bowed out from the cable getting snagged / pulling on it. Or it has been hooked up to a faulty POE injector or other wiring fault that has blown out the interface. Don't just replace the board without further investigation and probably a cost to the customer.

Synthohol
02-18-2021, 03:27 AM
have you tried hooking up to a laptop?
some network switches will turn off the port if its mac address isnt in the router or firewalls safe list or DHCP reservation data.
ive also seen where fresh firmware fixes it too if its a logic issue with the port.

rrrohan
02-18-2021, 05:31 AM
what make u say network is dead? you skipped explaining your troubleshooting procedure. It might be something simple. how did you come to the conclussion that it was dead.

Was gonna suggest adding the UK wifi kit. didnt realise that was only on the 8 series though (and newer models)

srvctec
02-18-2021, 04:42 PM
I had one like that and did what someone else posted here a long time ago. No NIC lights and unable to connect to it via laptop or any other way.

Do a network initialize in service mode which will clear all network settings. Shut off main power and turn back on and see if it then works. I thought our C654e in one of our offices had a dead NIC which is STUPIDLY now part of the MFPB, and did the network clear and it works fine now. Ours had been plugged in without a surge protector and the power had a spike causing the power to go out. Figured it needed a new MFPB and was going to just use it as a junk machine.

blazebusiness
02-18-2021, 05:33 PM
I had one like that and did what someone else posted here a long time ago. No NIC lights and unable to connect to it via laptop or any other way.

Do a network initialize in service mode which will clear all network settings. Shut off main power and turn back on and see if it then works. I thought our C654e in one of our offices had a dead NIC which is STUPIDLY now part of the MFPB, and did the network clear and it works fine now. Ours had been plugged in without a surge protector and the power had a spike causing the power to go out. Figured it needed a new MFPB and was going to just use it as a junk machine.

Thanks everyone taking the time to reply...........I'll try to initialize and follow all the advice given and if no luck....replace the mfp pcb.

When it comes to people I rely on for sound advice ................ You guys are almost as cool as Ray Peat.

Synthohol
02-18-2021, 07:21 PM
For what it's worth if it's just printing you can use a USB to ethernet adapter for 30 bucks.
If they scan too well there is the USB on the front panel they can scan to flash drive and take back to PC.

tsbservice
02-18-2021, 07:29 PM
For what it's worth if it's just printing you can use a USB to ethernet adapter for 30 bucks.
If they scan too well there is the USB on the front panel they can scan to flash drive and take back to PC.

As good as those workarounds are it's going to be like Ferrari on 4 cylinders.

blazebusiness
02-18-2021, 07:46 PM
Understood....thanks for suggesting that.

emujo2
02-19-2021, 08:16 PM
As good as those workarounds are it's going to be like Ferrari on 4 cylinders.

https://magazine.ferrari.com/en/cars/2018/09/12/news/ferrari_500_trc_scaglietti_concorso_di_eleganza_es posizione-46566/

Before you disparage the 4 cylinder Ferrari...

tsbservice
02-19-2021, 08:28 PM
https://magazine.ferrari.com/en/cars/2018/09/12/news/ferrari_500_trc_scaglietti_concorso_di_eleganza_es posizione-46566/

Before you disparage the 4 cylinder Ferrari...

You meant this?
Celebrating the final four-cylinder Ferrari (https://magazine.ferrari.com/en/cars/2018/09/12/news/ferrari_500_trc_scaglietti_concorso_di_eleganza_es posizione-46566/)
Of course I know about it but it really is brand legendary model from the past not what they're well known worldwide :D

allan
02-19-2021, 08:44 PM
If the cable got tugged on and the solder joints broke then resoldering it could get the job done.

emujo2
02-19-2021, 09:08 PM
You meant this?
Celebrating the final four-cylinder Ferrari (https://magazine.ferrari.com/en/cars/2018/09/12/news/ferrari_500_trc_scaglietti_concorso_di_eleganza_es posizione-46566/)
Of course I know about it but it really is brand legendary model from the past not what they're well known worldwide :D

yes..with this site links are a hit or miss with me..I tried to just post the image but keep getting error..I had to check..lol..I would love to have this 4 cylinder...E

tsbservice
02-19-2021, 10:01 PM
yes..with this site links are a hit or miss with me..I tried to just post the image but keep getting error..I had to check..lol..I would love to have this 4 cylinder...E

Ed must apologise to blazebusiness for hijacking his thread.
Would like continue in PM.

Custom Search