PDA

View Full Version : You can now deactivate the Marketplace without difficulty

Custom Search

Bix
02-18-2021, 11:16 AM
Hi,
I noticed that on iSeries, with G00-E9 by changing these two settings the marketplace no longer gives problems. The screensever no longer comes out continuously.

This avoids getting uninstalled with OpenApiManager.

CSR4CEI
08-30-2021, 02:30 PM
Hi,
I noticed that on iSeries, with G00-E9 by changing these two settings the marketplace no longer gives problems. The screensever no longer comes out continuously.

This avoids getting uninstalled with OpenApiManager.

This does work wonderfully until one of your Sales Reps sales a Marketplace App to the customer - you cannot reverse this process successfully. The best way that I have found to resolve this is to use the Marketplace Installer to reinstall on the copier. Still looking for a way to disable the Marketplace screensaver though...

Synthohol
08-30-2021, 02:51 PM
There is a setting to turn off the Screensaver. I do that first before disabling marketplace or the option is not there.

CSR4CEI
08-30-2021, 03:05 PM
There is a setting to turn off the Screensaver. I do that first before disabling marketplace or the option is not there.

Sorry - I realized my post was not clearly stated - I meant that I am still looking for a way to turn off the Screensaver on the systems that have the Marketplace installed on them. The current firmware versions seem to make it display always, and the setting in the System Reset section is ignored. I hope this helps clarify what I was trying to say!

blackcat4866
08-31-2021, 12:33 AM
Marketplace is that cockroach that you stomp on, and stomp on ... and it still gets up and thumbs its nose at you. =^..^=

Synthohol
08-31-2021, 01:34 AM
Marketplace is that cockroach that you stomp on, and stomp on ... and it still gets up and thumbs its nose at you. =^..^=
ive disabled it and after reboot i get the "failed to connect to server" message from Mplace.
its ridiculous.

Custom Search