PDA

View Full Version : Konica C1060L/C2060 Drum Failures (A5WH, A5WJ)

Custom Search

electroz
02-18-2021, 01:30 PM
I work for a dealer. Just wondering if everyone else is having the same issues as we are. We're only getting like 30%-60% life out of most drum units on these machines. If the machines are going non stop for a big run, we get like 2 days sometimes out of them.

They're failing with visible marks on the drum, almost wear from the cleaning blades which translates to light lines on the corresponding halftone print. At first we used to check the drum last, now it's always our go-to and its usually that. Is anyone or everyone else having this same issue?

emujo2
02-18-2021, 02:16 PM
Have not heard anything officially on these, but the 107s have been missing bearing screws causing very high failure rates. E

Konicatech
02-23-2021, 05:24 PM
Take 1 of the failed drums apart and remove the OPC, underneath this there is a cleaning brush/roller - check this for lines and I'll bet they match up with the marks on your drum.

I have had this A LOT! and you cannot replace the roller on its own.

methogod
02-25-2021, 07:53 AM
In my plant, we find that CYAN on the C2070 fails early like clockwork. We move to YELLOW, get another 10-20% for some reason quality keeps up.
Then replace early, haven't had them all go early.

Custom Search