PDA

View Full Version : Broken C250i operator panel + paper exit noise

Custom Search

Bix
02-18-2021, 05:23 PM
Hi, this problem is really mysterious. I got a call about a squeaking noise for this bizhub C250i.At the end of January I had already replaced the fuser for this printer for this problem and I thought I had solved it. I did, however, update the firmware immediately after replacing the fuser (keep this in mind).

Today the problem seemed to come from the same spot but now I assume that the noise is coming from the paper exit unit. Here is the area where I think the noise is coming from:
This noise is heard only after it has finished printing and the noise lasts for about 10-15 seconds. While printing or before, it doesn't seem to be there. I turned off the printer after my tests and turned it back on, here's what happened:
The writing of the icons does not appear and there is a large colored strip. In that area, the touch did not work. I have turned it off and on many times, in addition to removing the power. At this point I try a Self Diagnostic and magic ... the colored stripe disappears! I then tried to rewrite the G00-E9 firmware (already present in the C250i) and the problem disappeared!The side squeak has also disappeared! I am not sure but something mysterious happened with the firmware rewrite.

Even the first time, after replacing the fuser, before trying it, I did the firmware update.

I don't know if it's all a coincidence. Has anyone had a similar experience?

avecosat
02-19-2021, 08:13 AM
I had the problem of noise and change the exit unit boring trying to remove it

Bix
02-19-2021, 10:18 AM
Hi, thanks for the tip. I believe there is no correlation between noise and display problem.
Today I have the printer on and off. Again the display died. I don't understand why if I start with firmware it will work again but only until I turn off the printer again.

KM suggested that I replace CPUB but the replacement was not successful. I also unplugged all the wiring and reconnected. My doubt is that the problem is precisely the operator panel. As soon as I solve this problem, I will try to change the paper output unit as well.

occus
02-19-2021, 10:25 AM
Hi Bix

I told you the last time it comes from the exit drive... but of course everything ist possible. Had a lot of this squeeking machines...
Open the side door and remove the small belt from the gear on the right side to test if the noise is gone, then you now it comes from the exit drive and it's 3 minutes test.

Sometime it comes from the passive rollers, sometime from the drive (bearings from belt and gears on the right side)

Bix
02-19-2021, 11:23 AM
Yes, I will follow your advice as soon as the c250i comes back to life. But now the printer, without the display, is unusable.
I have started the remote panel and also in the remote panel the display is shown zoomed.
The CPUB did not solve and the STRB also has nothing to do with this problem. I plan to replace the BASEB.

francisco
02-19-2021, 11:47 AM
Yes, I will follow your advice as soon as the c250i comes back to life. But now the printer, without the display, is unusable.
I have started the remote panel and also in the remote panel the display is shown zoomed.
The CPUB did not solve and the STRB also has nothing to do with this problem. I plan to replace the BASEB.

did you check conectors

Bix
02-19-2021, 03:53 PM
I checked. I have now also replaced the BASEB but no success.
I believe that at this point the operator panel is faulty but I do not understand why, even with the remote panel, the problem is present (zoomed screen)

tsbservice
02-19-2021, 06:01 PM
Bix check if panel can be calibrated. Other than that it looks like faulty panel to me.

EarthKmTech
02-20-2021, 12:48 AM
Just yesterday in 2 BRAND NEW machines out of the box I changed fusing drive assemblies.

One was screaming every time the fuser was rotated at slow idle after printing or during warmup.

Cause - the brown sleeve the fusing drive coupling protrudes out of MUST be inserted dead straight into the chassis hole. If it's not it tilts to one side and then there is excessive friction on the fusing drive coupling.

Second brand new machine had a constant tick tick tick from the fusing drive assembly. One of the gears meshed directly with the fusing drive motor was obviously dropped at the factory and stepped on - it had 1 folded over tooth.

occus
02-20-2021, 09:34 AM
Just yesterday in 2 BRAND NEW machines out of the box I changed fusing drive assemblies.

One was screaming every time the fuser was rotated at slow idle after printing or during warmup.

Cause - the brown sleeve the fusing drive coupling protrudes out of MUST be inserted dead straight into the chassis hole. If it's not it tilts to one side and then there is excessive friction on the fusing drive coupling.

Second brand new machine had a constant tick tick tick from the fusing drive assembly. One of the gears meshed directly with the fusing drive motor was obviously dropped at the factory and stepped on - it had 1 folded over tooth.

Tick tick tick... i know it... have already ordered a fusing drive assembly for monday.

@EarthKmTech how long does it take for exchange?
(edit: sorry i saw your separat thread to late)

mojorolla
02-22-2021, 07:31 PM
i have had a new out of box machine need the same fuser drive pack as well. I have a c450i doing the same thing with the op panel, but a bit more extreme. Damn thing was working fine this morning.
I am investigating now and will update soon

:)

Bix
02-23-2021, 09:30 AM
i have had a new out of box machine need the same fuser drive pack as well. I have a c450i doing the same thing with the op panel, but a bit more extreme. Damn thing was working fine this morning.

In my opinion it is an operation panel problem. The anomalous thing is that the problem is repeated even via the remote panel. But I believe this happens because a new resolution is sent to the CPUB and therefore also adapts the remote panel.
KM suggested that I change BASEB, CPUB and STRB but without success. So if your problem is very similar to mine, avoid wasting time changing these pieces.

I ordered the part and for safety I also ordered a new type C cable and I hope the piece is available in stock. Lately the pieces arrive very late

Gift
02-23-2021, 11:34 AM
Looks like the display or display controller is faulty, probably all included in the panel assy so you should be fine after swapping the panel.
I also had this exit unit sound - in my case it came between the prints when the rollers idle with slow speed for a while. You can also trigger it if you open and close the front cover.

mojorolla
02-23-2021, 04:07 PM

So here is what I found. Initially, screen looked like this:
Machine webpage functioned but remote panel was garbled as well.
Re-seated the CN7 connector on the baseboard, there was no change.
We then re-seated the connectors on the scanner board, and the op panel came back to normal. "Wiggling" the board connectors did not cause the op panel to change and machine has been stable for 24hrs now. The one this I did notice was the scanner control board is mounted across 4 anchor points with no back plate. When you remove or insert the connector, the entire board flexes quite a bit. You can actually see the curve in this board:

Bix
02-23-2021, 04:29 PM
Hi, thanks for the feedback. This information of yours is very interesting but how does the scanner connector have to do with the operator panel in your opinion? I just tried it but without the same luck. But I want to ask you: have you tried to turn it off and on several times? In my case, the display works. But after 2-3 restarts the display worsens. :eek:
Now I just have to wait for a new operator panel. I update you!

mojorolla
02-23-2021, 04:35 PM
Rebooted several times before taking the panels off. I also placed a sheet of foam insulation behind this board as it is damn near sitting on the frame. Being that they both connect to the Base board, I would guess some type of back feed to the Base board.
I will say this, these i series sure do keep you on your toes...

blackcat4866
02-24-2021, 12:56 AM
In my opinion it is an operation panel problem. The anomalous thing is that the problem is repeated even via the remote panel. But I believe this happens because a new resolution is sent to the CPUB and therefore also adapts the remote panel.
KM suggested that I change BASEB, CPUB and STRB but without success. So if your problem is very similar to mine, avoid wasting time changing these pieces.

I ordered the part and for safety I also ordered a new type C cable and I hope the piece is available in stock. Lately the pieces arrive very late

This was my suggestion.

I am trying to remember the details. We had a Toshiba that had anomalous images only on the second side of duplex, intermittently. Powering OFF/ON cleared it up for a while. The fix ended up being the HDMI cable to the second side CIS.
=^..^=

Bix
02-25-2021, 09:19 PM
Here is an update.

1. The problem was exactly the faulty operator panel or some faulty cable. In fact this display has a lot of cables. Compared to the 4/8 series, replacement is rather complicated.
2. I also replaced the paper exit unit. After disassembling, I shook a little and I felt a few pieces move. Eventually this piece came out that I don't know where it came from but with a good chance, it doesn't stabilize the rollers and make them squeak:

The problem with these two problems is that they appeared 1 year after installation. But now I am no longer surprised by anything.

Custom Search