PDA

View Full Version : Pro 951 vs Pro 1100

Custom Search

allan
02-19-2021, 08:31 PM
For the guys how has worked on both of these machines witch one do you prefer?

I now favor the 951. I can tweak settings on the 951 where on the 1100 its not possible, like disabling the drum potential sensor. There is this C2803 error that i find to be a problem on the 1100. Anyone know a way past this issue without replacing drum/dev?

wjurls
02-19-2021, 11:00 PM
951 all day long. Built on the tried and true 1051, 1200, 1052, 1250 engine.

1100 went to a shared data board system similar to the tuxedo boxes. Makes for a PITA to replace boards. Even had a firmeware update debacle earlier this week on one and had to disconnect the HDD to complete the update.

Only plus for the 1100 is the dual scan ADF and color CCD. Oh yeah, and an extra 5 ppm.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Lee

blackcat4866
02-19-2021, 11:23 PM
I've only got 2 or 3 1100's, and maybe 6 or 8 951's. Most of the 951's are in school districts which entirely negates any benefits. so to be entirely honest I cannot make a fair comparison. =^..^=

methogod
02-19-2021, 11:54 PM
Hate to hijack thread...

love the 951, wish we ran a 1250, just becuase of the AIR feed trays.

Any way to get better quality fill finish... on a 951...
cant get a 100% gloss fill, 1.9m, super clean. Fuser rollers are new. Did full PM, drum and DV.
We mainly run documents, nothing crazy... but a few jobs need to look sharp, we run them on older color machines if needed.

Is there a trick?

allan
02-20-2021, 01:27 AM
Hate to hijack thread...

love the 951, wish we ran a 1250, just becuase of the AIR feed trays.

Any way to get better quality fill finish... on a 951...
cant get a 100% gloss fill, 1.9m, super clean. Fuser rollers are new. Did full PM, drum and DV.
We mainly run documents, nothing crazy... but a few jobs need to look sharp, we run them on older color machines if needed.

Is there a trick?

You could try and up the TCR ratio and lower charge value with soft switches.
Why I like the 951 better, 1100 you can't tweak... But the 1100 does produce a much more solid full tone.

The air feed is the bomb. Millions of painless paper deliveries. Makes a funny noise some times when the paper vibrates.

blackcat4866
02-20-2021, 02:55 AM
... Makes a funny noise some times when the paper vibrates.

That's actually ~100 grams of paper dust, throwing the squirrel cages off balance. If you were to take out the two suction fans and bang them on the floor a few times they quiet right down.

My customer calls it the giant farting sound. =^..^=

methogod
02-20-2021, 07:24 AM
ill take a look, but my magic 8 ball sees a 6136 in my future....

blackcat4866
02-20-2021, 02:03 PM
ill take a look, but my magic 8 ball sees a 6136 in my future....

I've got a couple 6120's in the field, and they are holding image quality all the way to the PM. They're currently at 2M each and I've done a total of (4) calls. I like them a lot. =^..^=

allan
02-20-2021, 06:24 PM
I only get all the hand me downs. The contracts i am involved with deals only in taking on expired contracts...
So none of the fancy newer models for me.

tsbservice
02-20-2021, 06:33 PM
I only get all the hand me downs. The contracts i am involved with deals only in taking on expired contracts...
So none of the fancy newer models for me.

So depending on point of view you're doomed or blessed...saving a lot of old but good machines from going to landfill. I like to think second :)

allan
02-20-2021, 07:36 PM
So depending on point of view you're doomed or blessed...saving a lot of old but good machines from going to landfill. I like to think second :)

Ultimately its to create a gap to be free from the old 9 to 5 usual grind. We save these companies a heap of cash. We basically rely heavily on our ability to cut corners and keep these rust buckets up and running. Almost 3 years later we are game to take on machines no other company wants to touch. Just recently took on 13 Pro 1100 machines that was badly neglected by the original installers. Must be the worst condition I have seen any machines in. Now on week 3 and countless rags later the customer can not believe that we where able to get the lot of them running and running strong. We see issues on these machines I hope no one have to encounter if they do regular maintenance.

Then we get the opportunity to sneak in good used machines with relatively low mileage to replace the machines that has done way more than ever expected. We get machines with between 3 to 8 million on the clock and keep these in the condition we are happy with. Customers are happy they don't need to go the route of having to take binding leases out on new machines. Not lying it can be demanding. 2 hour response time and 7 days a week from 8 to 8 on call. If every thing runs fishing and guitar is a good way of passing time. After the firsts 2 weeks there was not a single call for 4 days straight on this new account! Well until this morning when all hell broke loose and 5 machines was reported at the same time, 5 or so hours of solid graft between 2 of us and all was well again.

How awesome are these production Konica Minolta machines! Nothing like them. The harder they run the happier they are. Some are touching 1 million prints per month.

allan
02-20-2021, 07:49 PM
Any advise on the pesky C2803 error?

blackcat4866
02-20-2021, 08:16 PM
I've only seen this once on a 6120. Shortly after a developer change, the C2803 popped up. The enduser showed me a bunch of gritty prints in the center.

The mylar under the mag roller was deformed, scooping developer off the mag roller, and dumping it into the IDC sensor. Naturally, I wasn't carrying around a developing unit under my arm, so I remover the small roller below the mag roller. From there you can see the guide mylar. I used a flat screwdriver to reform the mylar down and away from the mag roller. Once re-assembled, I collected as much of the spilled developer as possible and poured it back into the developing unit. It hasn't re-occurred since.

It's possible that I did something during the developer change ... but I learned a long time ago to only turn the developing roller down. It's an unpleasant job to get the mylar back in position if it flips.

If Auto Max Density Adjustment fails: Error1 after cleaning, I'd replace it. =^..^=

allan
02-20-2021, 08:29 PM
I've only seen this once on a 6120. Shortly after a developer change, the C2803 popped up. The enduser showed me a bunch of gritty prints in the center.

The mylar under the mag roller was deformed, scooping developer off the mag roller, and dumping it into the IDC sensor. Naturally, I wasn't carrying around a developing unit under my arm, so I remover the small roller below the mag roller. From there you can see the guide mylar. I used a flat screwdriver to reform the mylar down and away from the mag roller. Once re-assembled, I collected as much of the spilled developer as possible and poured it back into the developing unit. It hasn't re-occurred since.

It's possible that I did something during the developer change ... but I learned a long time ago to only turn the developing roller down. It's an unpleasant job to get the mylar back in position if it flips.

If Auto Max Density Adjustment fails: Error1 after cleaning, I'd replace it. =^..^=

Have had it where it will empty the entire dev tank in no time. Found that it was the way i was handling the dev tank that pressed against the bottom edge of tank that deformed the mylar. I only get the C2803 when the dev is slightly over life, auto gama adjustment also fails. Spiking the dev with some toner and reinitialize only works for a couple of thousand prints.

wjurls
02-22-2021, 03:22 PM
I've only got 2 or 3 1100's, and maybe 6 or 8 951's. Most of the 951's are in school districts which entirely negates any benefits. so to be entirely honest I cannot make a fair comparison. =^..^=

I am an in house tech for the school district here and I approve of this statement. So having both 951's and 1100's for teachers to abuse, I still prefer the 951.

wjurls
02-22-2021, 03:34 PM
Have had it where it will empty the entire dev tank in no time. Found that it was the way i was handling the dev tank that pressed against the bottom edge of tank that deformed the mylar. I only get the C2803 when the dev is slightly over life, auto gama adjustment also fails. Spiking the dev with some toner and reinitialize only works for a couple of thousand prints.

Had that happen on a 1051 from mishandling. I managed to "reform" the bottom plate just enough to correct the dumping.

Lordnixon
03-10-2021, 01:10 PM
After replacing the developer, I have the error c2802. Do you think the reason is similar? :confused: Adding toner to the block solves the problem for several thousand prints. So far, I have ordered TCR, TCB, but I am not completely sure that they will help. The intermediate block is full, it works during printing, but the toner still goes away))):D

allan
03-10-2021, 04:30 PM
After replacing the developer, I have the error c2802. Do you think the reason is similar? :confused: Adding toner to the block solves the problem for several thousand prints. So far, I have ordered TCR, TCB, but I am not completely sure that they will help. The intermediate block is full, it works during printing, but the toner still goes away))):D

Best to start a new thread.

Custom Search