PDA

View Full Version : FAINT PRINT OUTS ON 200 GRAM PAPERS- BIZHUB C300i

Custom Search

AhmedChamumi
02-22-2021, 09:06 PM
Hellow,

I have recently correctly installed bizhub C300i, it works perfectly on plain and up to 130 gram papers but when the user sets 200 - 240 gram papers they come out veeery faint with grain like voids, yet if you put the same printed paper back on bypass tray and print on the other side the image shows remarkable improvement, i have tried adjusting both primary and secondary transfer voltages up to no good, i have also tried interrupting the process in order to observe the image on the ITB surface it also seems to have the same faintness, also i further tried to change the power source(socket outlet) but still the problem persist...

What should be my next move?

Please note, the printer is in the premises located several hundred metres from the ocean and the place is high in humidity, could that be the contributing factor? If yes what would be an immediate counter measure?

Best regards,

Ahmed R. Chamumi.

Synthohol
02-22-2021, 09:45 PM
as a test, run 10 blank sheets then run the prints on the same 10 sheets immediately.
if quality is good both sides the room has a humidity issue. if same issue its likely 2nd side voltage adjustment.

AhmedChamumi
02-22-2021, 10:18 PM
as a test, run 10 blank sheets then run the prints on the same 10 sheets immediately.
if quality is good both sides the room has a humidity issue. if same issue its likely 2nd side voltage adjustment.

Thank you so much Synthohol for your immediate suggestion, i will carry out the test and get back with the results.

Best regards,

Ahmed R. Chamumi

blackcat4866
02-22-2021, 11:53 PM
That is classic symptoms for high humidity. If you have your hygrometer, I'd hope for 70F 25% humidity. I doubt that's what you'll see though.

My suggestion is to construct one of Zootech's paper storage boxes. If I understand correctly, you start with a metal cabinet with doors that fit tightly. Install a 100W light bulb in the lower section. Store paper on the upper shelves. I'm not sure if it's necessary to drill any holes in the housing ... maybe Zootech will chime in? =^..^=

AhmedChamumi
02-23-2021, 03:20 AM
That is classic symptoms for high humidity. If you have your hygrometer, I'd hope for 70F 25% humidity. I doubt that's what you'll see though.

My suggestion is to construct one of Zootech's paper storage boxes. If I understand correctly, you start with a metal cabinet with doors that fit tightly. Install a 100W light bulb in the lower section. Store paper on the upper shelves. I'm not sure if it's necessary to drill any holes in the housing ... maybe Zootech will chime in? =^..^=

Thanks a lot for the suggestion, i will apply that and observe the out the outcome after checking the humidity readings, also i forgot to mention that there is another printer namely bizhub C454 in the same room which operates normally under the same afore mentioned conditions. that leaves me confused.

Best regards,

Ahmed R. Chamumi

ZOOTECH
02-23-2021, 04:52 AM

Damn, I would accept credit for this, except, I don’t remember every suggesting such a de-humidifier. This does sound like a good idea, however, I would use a lower wattage bulb (40/60) and create some exhaust ports to prevent heat buildup.
Thank you BC, but you may have to update your database.

tsbservice
02-23-2021, 06:44 AM
Check inside service mode what are temp/humidity readings, compare with another bizhub. But at the end I'm afraid you will find older machine quality is better.
Also try to post some samples here and ideally attach machine MML scanned.

blackcat4866
02-23-2021, 08:18 PM
Check inside service mode what are temp/humidity readings, compare with another bizhub. But at the end I'm afraid you will find older machine quality is better.
Also try to post some samples here and ideally attach machine MML scanned.

The C454e has charge wires & grid, which output higher current to charge the drum. The C300i uses a charge roller (making physical contact) and using lower current. =^..^=

tsbservice
02-23-2021, 08:42 PM
The C454e has charge wires & grid, which output higher current to charge the drum. The C300i uses a charge roller (making physical contact) and using lower current. =^..^=

Makes me smile.
Fortunately we didn't selling those i-series A3 machines to color picky customers. Strictly office color they are. I would stop here because I'm kinda biased, one of the first C250i here sits in our office being nursed from base firmware to the latest plus tweaked numerous times in various ways by me.

blackcat4866
02-24-2021, 01:07 AM
Damn, I would accept credit for this, except, I don’t remember every suggesting such a de-humidifier. This does sound like a good idea, however, I would use a lower wattage bulb (40/60) and create some exhaust ports to prevent heat buildup.
Thank you BC, but you may have to update your database.

Correction: Fixthecopier gets proper credit:
https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/rants-raves-and-everything-else/101009-humidity.html#post480394

=^..^=

Bix
02-24-2021, 09:53 AM
Makes me smile.
Fortunately we didn't selling those i-series A3 machines to color picky customers. Strictly office color they are. I would stop here because I'm kinda biased, one of the first C250i here sits in our office being nursed from base firmware to the latest plus tweaked numerous times in various ways by me.
I don't know if anything has changed (firmware or hardware), but I notice a clear improvement in print quality on the C250i produced in recent months compared to the first C250i launched on the market.

AhmedChamumi
02-25-2021, 09:13 PM
Hello everyone,

I have managed to remarkably alleviate the problem by having the client bring in fresh stock of papers, incubating them( thanks goes to Zootech's innovation) and slight adjustment of 2nd side voltage...Thank you all for your inputs.

Best regards,

Ahmed

tsbservice
02-25-2021, 10:06 PM
Hello everyone,

I have managed to remarkably alleviate the problem by having the client bring in fresh stock of papers, incubating them( thanks goes to Zootech's innovation) and slight adjustment of 2nd side voltage...Thank you all for your inputs.

Best regards,

Ahmed

Good job and thanks for update.

blackcat4866
02-25-2021, 11:09 PM
Congratulations on your success! =^..^=

Custom Search