PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta Color Offsets

Custom Search

tlor0026
02-22-2021, 09:08 PM
Hi have a c554e that the colors are not matching up correctly. If im remembering correctly it also has a p-5 and a p-21 error from the "Tin can" icon. i've swapped out drums and the image belt. Nothing seems to help. I've tried running color gradations from the service mode and administrator mode and its not even printing out the sheet for me to run through the scanner. I've tried both stabilization and initialize with the same results. I also tried manually entering the color x and y coordinates and that still doesn't help. From reading the forums on here some people suggest swapping out a sensor? At this point im not sure what i need to do with it to get this color registration resolved.

Appreciate all the help i can get!

Thanks,

Service Tech Tong

Synthohol
02-22-2021, 09:50 PM
clean the 2 sensors under the sliding plate once you remove the transfer belt.
thats where i would start.
https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/attachments/konica-minolta/48389d1614030617-konica-minolta-color-offsets-windows-jpg

antone
02-23-2021, 12:03 AM
what sliding plate ..not sure what you mean

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

rrrohan
02-23-2021, 12:52 AM
Remove transfer belt first

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Reed
02-23-2021, 04:09 AM
remove the transfer belt there is a little plate that will slide. It will reveal a couple of sensors.

tsbservice
02-23-2021, 06:49 AM
clean the 2 sensors under the sliding plate once you remove the transfer belt.
thats where i would start.
https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/attachments/konica-minolta/48389d1614030617-konica-minolta-color-offsets-windows-jpg

If cleaning 2 IDC sensors(clean then without using any solvents) don't help next I would try another PH unit(laser).

emujo2
02-23-2021, 01:46 PM
1st, P5 is the IDC sensor failure..you will need to correct this before you can printout the gradation sheets. The posters are probably all correct that the sensor is dirty or blocked. The you need to clear this code to move forward. Run stabalizer 1st, then gradation and use the quality paper. 8x11 or 11x17 works. E

Max
02-24-2021, 10:06 PM
I would print cymk test pages 1st at 180 density, check the coverage is even on the entire page. No fading/lines or patches. If so, fix that 1st and of course clean the two IDC sensors under the slider as previously mentioned. Check the toner sensors and IDC sensor values. If out of range fix that too. Calibration and colour reg will recover. If you made manual changes to colour reg, take them back to default settings.

WLIT
02-24-2021, 11:31 PM
Remove the ITB and then remove the entire assembly which has the IDC sensors mounted to it. Wire leads go to the same PCB as the developers in the front behind the waste toner. once you have assembly in hand remove or cut all tie wraps to the solenoid as well as the two IDC sensors. Clean everything and reassemble and I'll bet your oil can goes away and no more warnings. Done this many times with success and won't come back.

Custom Search