PDA

View Full Version : Usage Question - Bizhub c364e, printing on custom sheet size

Custom Search

Elmojo
02-24-2021, 02:53 AM
Hi all,
I'm sorry if this is a little off-topic, since (thankfully!) my copier is working perfectly, thanks to the help I received from you guys a while back. :cool:

My issue is one of usage.
I'm trying to print some invitations for an event. The base invitation is already printed, I just need to add some date and time info to one side.
The sheet is lightweight paper (I'm estimating 15lb), and is 6.75" x 9.0" in size.
I've set things up as best as I can find in the print driver, according to a help page I found from KMBT.
However, when I load the invitations in the bypass tray, it recognizes them as a different size (7.25x10.5) and tells me that the paper size is wrong.
If I override it, and "trick" it into printing anyway by setting my page size in MS Word as the bogus 7.25x10.5, then I can get it to print one sheet.
In that case, though, it pops up a screen on the front panel telling me the sheet size and paper type is wrong. I have to acknowledge that screen for every. single. print.
I have 800 of these to print!
Any way to set things up to make it recognize this odd size paper, and stop throwing errors?

Also, when it will print, this paper tends to jam a lot. Any tips that might help that? I see settings for heavy paper, but none for lighter paper.
Any help appreciated. This is a rush job. I only have a couple days to get it done.

copier addict
02-24-2021, 03:31 AM
Hi all,
I'm sorry if this is a little off-topic, since (thankfully!) my copier is working perfectly, thanks to the help I received from you guys a while back. :cool:

My issue is one of usage.
I'm trying to print some invitations for an event. The base invitation is already printed, I just need to add some date and time info to one side.
The sheet is lightweight paper (I'm estimating 15lb), and is 6.75" x 9.0" in size.
I've set things up as best as I can find in the print driver, according to a help page I found from KMBT.
However, when I load the invitations in the bypass tray, it recognizes them as a different size (7.25x10.5) and tells me that the paper size is wrong.
If I override it, and "trick" it into printing anyway by setting my page size in MS Word as the bogus 7.25x10.5, then I can get it to print one sheet.
In that case, though, it pops up a screen on the front panel telling me the sheet size and paper type is wrong. I have to acknowledge that screen for every. single. print.
I have 800 of these to print!
Any way to set things up to make it recognize this odd size paper, and stop throwing errors?

Also, when it will print, this paper tends to jam a lot. Any tips that might help that? I see settings for heavy paper, but none for lighter paper.
Any help appreciated. This is a rush job. I only have a couple days to get it done.

Every time you load paper in the bypass tray the screen pops up and allows you to make changes to the paper size and type. With a nonstandard size you can set a custom size. Just make sure the X and Y axis are correct.

Elmojo
02-24-2021, 04:07 AM
Every time you load paper in the bypass tray the screen pops up and allows you to make changes to the paper size and type. With a nonstandard size you can set a custom size. Just make sure the X and Y axis are correct.

Thanks so much! I had the X and Y axes reversed.
I could have sworn I had tried that, but swapping them fixed the error.
Being able to run longer sets of prints eliminated the jams as well, since it wasn't starting and stopping the engine between every print. ;)

This is why I love this forum, you guys rock! :cool:

copier addict
02-24-2021, 04:30 AM
Thanks so much! I had the X and Y axes reversed.
I could have sworn I had tried that, but swapping them fixed the error.
Being able to run longer sets of prints eliminated the jams as well, since it wasn't starting and stopping the engine between every print. ;)

This is why I love this forum, you guys rock! :cool:

Thanks for the update. Glad to help

CP-1015
02-24-2021, 06:51 AM
Paper in printer queue and in copier must be the same. You have to change to the correct paper on copierdisplay and in printer queue.

Elmojo
02-24-2021, 04:01 PM
Thanks for the reply CP-1015.
The issue has been resolved. I just had the X/Y dimensions backwards on the custom page setup on the printer side. :D

Custom Search