PDA

View Full Version : konica minolta c284e c2554 code

Custom Search

brent
02-24-2021, 11:00 PM
I was at this customers office a week ago with a cyan unit code c2552 .. now its a c2554 I thought it was drums since they were at like 3 percent but today
I am looking on the service manual and it suggests a magenta unit.. I replaced drums last week.. do I just have a possible magenta developer unit going out ? they have 20 percent life left.. anyone have a suggestion?
thanks

allan
02-24-2021, 11:11 PM
If the developer is low or contaminated it will report high TCR values. You could try detoning it and then resetting it.

If the developer in the tank is very low then the predetermined amount of toner added will be to much to keep the ratio in range.

afterhours
02-25-2021, 01:25 AM
This is going to sound crazy but replace the drum, replace toner filters, if you have a used developer unit, add developer.of the same color. You will have to eye ball it as I am not aware of any specification.

This has worked for me 100 percent of the time.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

copier tech
02-25-2021, 09:47 AM
I was at this customers office a week ago with a cyan unit code c2552 .. now its a c2554 I thought it was drums since they were at like 3 percent but today
I am looking on the service manual and it suggests a magenta unit.. I replaced drums last week.. do I just have a possible magenta developer unit going out ? they have 20 percent life left.. anyone have a suggestion?
thanks

Yes, check the Magenta TCR % should be around 6.5%

The gradation test patterns can tell you a lot. If magenta is evenly faint you have a toner supply issue if however there is missing magenta voids, or white wavy lines developer has depleted & you will need to replace the m dev unit.

Code: C2554
Description:Abnormally high toner density detected magenta TCR sensor
The TC ratio of the toner determined by the toner replenishment control is detected to be the predetermined value or over for consecutive times.
Remedy:1 Reinstall developing unit. 2 Reinstall toner cartridge. 3 Check the connector between developing unit-FRB CN13, CN14, CN15, CN16, CN10 for proper connection and correct as necessary. 4 Check the connector between FRB CN1, CN3-PRCB CN7, CN9 for proper connection and correct as necessary. 5 Replace the developing unit. 6 Replace FRB. 7 Replace PRCB.

Custom Search