PDA

View Full Version : c224,224 counter zero?

Custom Search

xender79
02-25-2021, 03:33 PM
help me~ plz

Synthohol
02-25-2021, 04:05 PM
i hope you are not asking how to zero out a meter on a machine.
only scumbag pieces of goat shit would ask that question.
dont be goat shit.

emujo2
02-25-2021, 04:19 PM
Don't beat around the bush here..how do you really feel about these con artists? E

Synthohol
02-25-2021, 04:27 PM
Any moron knows to microwave the SSD board for 3-5 seconds to zero the counts.
Sheesh, it's like a great big secret or something.

Walterj
03-21-2021, 08:21 AM
[QUOTE = Synthohol; 1698178] Cualquier idiota sabe poner en el microondas la placa SSD durante 3-5 segundos para poner a cero los recuentos.
Joder, es como un gran secreto o algo así. [/ QUOTE]

It's the biggest stupidity I ever read.
Read the service manual a lot, especially the theory of operation.
Then analyze and you will get the answer.

Walterj
03-21-2021, 08:24 AM
help me~ plz

If you really want to know how to set these machines to 0 it will have a cost.
The solor equipment practically all have the same process in the monochrome equipment it is similar but other additional steps.
Everything is solved with FW.

copier tech
03-21-2021, 11:42 AM
This question comes up time & time again ‘How to I reset the main counter.’

These guys are not re-setting the counters to sell the copier on as new, no one in these 3rd world countries would or could afford to buy a new copier!

All they want to do is put these machines in with a zero counter for billing purposes, their client wants to see the their rental agreement counter start at zero.

Copiers are not like cars, resetting a vehicle odometer is a different story!

Synthohol
03-21-2021, 02:05 PM
then install a key counter.
its unbelievably lazy to not just write down the starting meter for a rental.
ever rent a car? gonna reset the odometer every time?
use a DYMO label maker for the starting meter inside the toner door or something more brilliant than resetting a meter and the consequences that follow.
who cares what the client wants to see, its used.

Synthohol
03-21-2021, 03:32 PM
[QUOTE = Synthohol; 1698178] Any moron knows to microwave the SSD board for 3-5 seconds to zero the counts.
Sheesh, it's like a great big secret or something.[/ QUOTE]

It's the biggest stupidity I ever read.

wanting to reset the meter for ANY reason is the stupidest thing i ever read.
not appreciating my sarcasm makes me wonder about their moral code.

tsbservice
03-21-2021, 04:12 PM
then install a key counter.
its unbelievably lazy to not just write down the starting meter for a rental.
ever rent a car? gonna reset the odometer every time?
use a DYMO label maker for the starting meter inside the toner door or something more brilliant than resetting a meter and the consequences that follow.
who cares what the client wants to see, its used.
100% agree.
Some guys here sell/rent second hand copiers but I have yet to see/hear for customer who wants machine with zero counter, no way.

copier tech
03-21-2021, 04:22 PM
100% agree.
Some guys here sell/rent second hand copiers but I have yet to see/hear for customer who wants machine with zero counter, no way.

You won't, because as I said in 3rd world counties.

BillyCarpenter
03-21-2021, 04:24 PM

The last thing someone from a 3rd world country should be worried about is setting the counter to zero. Start the count at whatever the meter says and be done with it.

tsbservice
03-21-2021, 04:38 PM

Maybe...however in this case I would not consider South Korea as 3rd world country.

Phil B.
03-21-2021, 06:54 PM
help me~ plz

we hang people like you in my neck of the woods.... fucking scumbag piece of shit... there is no good reason to reset the counter to zero.

Synthohol
03-21-2021, 07:00 PM
for 10 years hes been trying to zero counters.
IR2870, 4570,3570,2270, I find zero-counter, please. (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/canon/36694-ir2870-4570-3570-2270-i-find-zero-counter-please-post149386.html#post149386)

copier tech
03-21-2021, 08:05 PM
The last thing someone from a 3rd world country should be worried about is setting the counter to zero. Start the count at whatever the meter says and be done with it.

This is my point, they are not worried, they simply reset the counter & move on.

Only the USA engineers make a big fuss about this.

Phil B.
03-21-2021, 08:31 PM
This is my point, they are not worried, they simply reset the counter & move on.

maybe because here in the USA a tech can lose his tech ID... his company can be fined and lose their ability to sell and service any of that brand forever more.

I can't speak for your area but yes we here in the USA frown on that.

Even if that tech quits his current job, he will be red flagged when applying for a job in a new company that services that same equipment.

I know a few that have done shit like this and they can't get a job in the industry (even for a different brand) again.

tsbservice
03-21-2021, 08:39 PM
Hmm, far from being USA citizen...still don't get it.
Imho these threads/questions shouldn't be endorsed at all.

BillyCarpenter
03-21-2021, 08:53 PM

The reason that we worry about it in the USA is because:

-The total counter affects resell value both from the wholesaler and to the end-user. I often pay 3x as much from a wholesaler for a low-meter machine and for good reason.

-When a tech shows up to work on a machine and it's showing 50K (the counter was reset) but it really has 1.5 million, that places the tech at a severe disadvantage.

Phil B.
03-21-2021, 09:00 PM
The reason that we worry about it in the USA is because:

-The total counter affects resell value both from the wholesaler and to the end-user. I often pay 3x as much from a wholesaler for a low-meter machine and for good reason.

-When a tech shows up to work on a machine and it's showing 50K (the counter was reset) but it really has 1.5 million, that places the tech at a severe disadvantage.

setting the machine back to zero DOES clear supplies/pm parts counters... so IF you aren't going to do a FULL replacement of parts you screw the next company that will service that product, therefore leading to unseen problems, but it also damages the users perceptions of the product line AND the tech and his company.

BillyCarpenter
03-21-2021, 09:03 PM
setting the machine back to zero DOES clear supplies/pm parts counters... so IF you aren't going to do a FULL replacement of parts you screw the next company that will service that product, therefore leading to unseen problems, but it also damages the users perceptions of the product line AND the tech and his company.

Hey, I agree with you. But it goes well beyond the supplies. A machine that has 1.5 million will require more service calls for things like motors, bushings, bearings, ect. There's a reason the MFP's have a main counter and it shouldn't be fucked with. :D

Synthohol
03-21-2021, 09:06 PM
Imho these threads/questions shouldn't be endorsed at all.
with the utter lack of moderation here its easier to poke fun at the moral-less goat scoundrels than to wait for the thread/post to be removed.

tsbservice
03-21-2021, 09:48 PM
with the utter lack of moderation here its easier to poke fun at the moral-less goat scoundrels than to wait for the thread/post to be removed.

To have fun is my second best from this forum after sharing experience.
And your efforts both ways are much appreciated!

Synthohol
03-22-2021, 01:22 AM
kind of you to say sir :)

Phil B.
03-22-2021, 01:44 AM
To have fun is my second best from this forum after sharing experience.
And your efforts both ways are much appreciated!Synth is not only VERY helpful to all with FW but his tech support is great.
The thing I admire is his humor.. Kurt..crisp..
And very tart at times, much like a Macintosh apple [emoji519] my fav!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Synthohol
03-22-2021, 03:01 AM
its my life's work to turn my sarcasm into an art form all (well many) can enjoy ;)
thanks guys, you gimme more credit than my job. (not my direct boss though, he's totally stand-up)

Phil B.
03-22-2021, 03:44 AM
its my life's work to turn my sarcasm into an art form all (well many) can enjoy ;)
thanks guys, you gimme more credit than my job. (not my direct boss though, he's totally stand-up)1) A good boss to keep..they seem few and far between where I am. Hence solo. With other irons in the fire.

2) Art of Sarcasm.. truly an acquired art. I comend you in your perfection of it.

ALL hail Synthohol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Zesti
03-22-2021, 12:42 PM
Just noticed this thread...
Ethically and morally extremely wrong and unfortunately the 3rd world countries tech guys are always searching for such solutions....
I came across a Xerox 58 series copier last week, have to setup with network. When I checked the billing counter it says ~53000, I was amazed to see such low counter but when I checked the drum and fuser unit conditions these were almost consumed up. On investigation it was revealed that Xerox 58 series counters can be played with a SD card from a low counter machine.... yet to find out details...:confused::confused::confused:

Custom Search