PDA

View Full Version : Di7210 + Pi7200e ripping problems

Custom Search

datapresstecnica
11-19-2008, 02:10 PM
I have a Di7210 with it's pi7200e controller. When you send a large print job (anithing over 350 pages) through both PCL or PS drivers the controller starts ripping normally but it doesn't stop when the copier's ram is full. As a result, the controller displays the message of memory overflow, but the machine doesn't report any error. It just prints the job with the pages that fit in the ram and then discards the job as if it had been completed normally. I've been trying to find any sort of option in the fiery's setup or the copier to prevent this error but i've only found a sw switch in the copier to delay the comunication with the controller. Obviously it didn't make any significant difference.
Since everything else seems to be working fine and I didn't have any other trouble printing, I'd like to know if this is a malfunction on either copier or fiery or if there's any way to solve this problem through configuration changes.
Thank's a lot.

TheOwl
11-20-2008, 05:55 AM
There are a few possible things that you should look at here.

1. If printing from an MS Office application, make sure that 'Collate' tick box is unselected when go to 'File' then 'Print'. This can cause an excessive amount of page information when you try to print multiple sets.

2. Print out a 'Configuration Page' and check to see how big the HDD is in the Fiery. Next, check and see the available ammount of space left on the HDD. Sometimes your HDD will become defective and lock up sectors, stopping printing of large jobs or there simply isn't enough room left to spool on the HDD. If the HDD is full, run a 'Clear Server' from the 'Setup' menu.

3. Run a diagnostics from the Fiery, mainly look at the RAM.

Failing this, you may need to reload the Fiery's Operating System.

datapresstecnica
11-20-2008, 11:20 AM
The file type that we're trying to print are pdf's mostly. The Fiery's 7Gb HDD works fine and it was empty at the time I did the last tests. It seems important to me that we didn't find any other problem so far in either printing or scanning operations through this Fiery. That's why I thought this could be a setup issue.
I'll check out the "collate" option to see if it helps.
Thanks a lot.

Custom Search