PDA

View Full Version : C224e PK519 punch kit

Custom Search

jwai
02-26-2021, 05:13 AM
Hello,

One customer reported the machine has paper jam ONLY when they take a copy with punch mode, it is jammed between the FS533 and PK519.
In addition, they found the punch option dimmed on the printer driver and cannot choose punch function.

Any idea about that?

rrrohan
02-26-2021, 08:34 AM
so punch in copy mode is enabled but not on driver?

id focus on getting it not jamming in copy mode first before worrying about the fact its not accessible on pc.

does a non punch job work ok?

Bix
02-26-2021, 08:36 AM
The drill motors may have a problem lifting up again

rrrohan
02-26-2021, 08:54 AM
The drill motors may have a problem lifting up again

if this is the case i suspect ever job should jam regardless of punch enabled or not

tsbservice
02-26-2021, 08:55 AM
Make sure all mounting options are purchased. I had one case like this and sales guy missed one mandatory oltion.

jwai
02-26-2021, 01:28 PM
so punch in copy mode is enabled but not on driver?

id focus on getting it not jamming in copy mode first before worrying about the fact its not accessible on pc.

does a non punch job work ok?

Yes, it's OK if they don't select punch mode on panel.

jwai
02-26-2021, 01:31 PM
Make sure all mounting options are purchased. I had one case like this and sales guy missed one mandatory oltion.

This function is normal when this machine had been installed on brand new before.
It is seldom to use this function.

emujo2
02-26-2021, 01:56 PM
Punch jams at the machine can be casued by the inlet guide mylars getting malformed..If the punch is installed in the machine but you can't use it, then either it wasn't installed in service mode, or it has been disabled in service mode (but if disabled you shoudl get a message "punch not available now"). Print driver may be getting the same info if the punch has been disabled. I would do a "get config" and see if it errors or returns the other accessories. Function version/driver version mismatch can also cause wierd issues. E

jwai
02-26-2021, 03:49 PM
Punch jams at the machine can be casued by the inlet guide mylars getting malformed..If the punch is installed in the machine but you can't use it, then either it wasn't installed in service mode, or it has been disabled in service mode (but if disabled you shoudl get a message "punch not available now"). Print driver may be getting the same info if the punch has been disabled. I would do a "get config" and see if it errors or returns the other accessories. Function version/driver version mismatch can also cause wierd issues. E

Thank you for your prompt.

Custom Search