PDA

View Full Version : Address Book transfer

Custom Search

Gaffers01
03-01-2021, 01:04 PM
I was wondering how other people deal with transferring address book data from old machines to new?

Over the years I have tried multiple different ways like Pagescope or downloading and changing data lines on address books and
other weird and wonderful things that work on some machines/models and not on others.

Has anyone come across a way of doing it with no issues maybe even from one manufacturer to another?:confused:

copier tech
03-01-2021, 01:17 PM
I was wondering how other people deal with transferring address book data from old machines to new?

Over the years I have tried multiple different ways like Pagescope or downloading and changing data lines on address books and
other weird and wonderful things that work on some machines/models and not on others.

Has anyone come across a way of doing it with no issues maybe even from one manufacturer to another?:confused:

I always use the USB method when upgrading a KM - KM.

Never found a way to perform this from one manufacturer to another.

Bix
03-01-2021, 01:44 PM
Hi, from one manufacturer to another I think it is currently impossible. Except if there is external software that does something general.

Sometimes, even between Konica Minolta printers, the address book transfer fails.

emujo2
03-01-2021, 02:11 PM
Km to Km (new, or relativly new) Clone file
KM to Km (old, non e or clone not supported) PSDA
Any other vendor..If admin/It can export a CVS file with address book/authentication info I can use PSDA to import and configure to work with KM..Canon export of info never worked due to OS differences. E

Synthohol
03-01-2021, 02:12 PM
the konica address book can be saved as a CSV file.
get the old machines CSV and add one entry in the new machine then get that CSV.
open both with excel and copy paste all the info in the correct columns, save and import to new machine.
works 98/100 when usb save cannot be performed.

copier tech
03-01-2021, 02:12 PM
Hi, from one manufacturer to another I think it is currently impossible. Except if there is external software that does something general.

Sometimes, even between Konica Minolta printers, the address book transfer fails.

This must be a common problem for many i’m surprised there isn’t a program to convert these address-book files.

copier addict
03-01-2021, 04:04 PM
Pagescope Data Administrator works fairly well for transferring address books from one KonMin to another.

CP-1015
03-03-2021, 08:41 AM
Pagescope Data Administrator works fairly well for transferring address books from one KonMin to another.

Funktion with old mchines perhaps C-220 to C-258, too? Thanks advanced.

emujo2
03-03-2021, 04:12 PM
PSDA works with anyhting past the 250 series as a direct copy from to..there are a few items of note

PSDA needs to be kept up to date
Some machines require a f/w update to work with PSDA
I always remove and spaces in the address book entry (not sure if this is still a problem, old habit)
Old machines with expired SSL certs can cause issues, usually disabling SSL corrects this.

PSDA can be used with any machine that has an address book, but the much older machines require a few extra steps. E

Hansoon
03-04-2021, 03:27 AM

LOL, for me it ALWAYS fails........

Hans

KenB
03-04-2021, 03:50 AM
This must be a common problem for many i’m surprised there isn’t a program to convert these address-book files.There are simply too many variables for a “one size firs all” solution.

At one time, someone had written an app to convert Canon to Ricoh, but that was a really long time ago.

rrrohan
03-04-2021, 05:16 AM
There are simply too many variables for a “one size firs all” solution.

well there already is, CSV.

The only time a KM would fail to import from another manufacturer would be if it was coming from a Samsung or similar where a single address entry contains email/smb/fax all in one

KenB
03-04-2021, 05:07 PM
Some brands are much pickier than others when it comes to how the input file is structured and formatted.

Ricoh tends to be one of the more difficult ones, at least in general.

I ran into the Canon-to-Ricoh problem a bunch, as I worked for IKON at the time of the Ricoh buyout. We flipped brands literally on a daily basis. If (and it's a BIG "if") I remember correctly, the Canons (at the time, at least) used XML files, where the Ricohs were more of a CSV.

I don't remember which model series was the cut-in, but as already mentioned with other brands, older model Ricohs would not easily import into newer ones.

It's important to note that the "level of difficulty" is 100% dependent on your skill set when it comes to data manipulation. For some, it's a piece of cake; for others, not so much.

Custom Search