PDA

View Full Version : Web Browsing option

Custom Search

Kenny
03-02-2021, 10:51 AM
hi guys,

does anyone know what Konica Minolta machines come with web browsing options as standard?

not having to purchase memory upgrade kits or web browsing kits?

Bix
03-02-2021, 11:05 AM
Hi, web browsing is available for free from the 8 series. So also iSeries.
Here are other multifunction printers with free browsers: Bizhub C227, Bizhub 227, Bizhub 4052 and Bizhub C3351.

Kenny
03-02-2021, 11:17 AM
Hello Bix,

Will you happen to have the process of how to enable it on the 8 series machines?

Sorry to be a pain.

Bix
03-02-2021, 11:23 AM
Of course, the procedure is very simple.
Premise: you make sure you are connected to the internet. The printer will connect to the Konica Minolta LMS server to install the browser. If you skip this step, the printer will ask you to enter the LMS code.

How enable web browser:
Log in to Administrator Settings - Network Settings - Web Browser - Enable. it is necessary to turn the main switch on and off in some printers.

Kenny
03-02-2021, 12:17 PM
Premise: you make sure you are connected to the internet. The printer will connect to the Konica Minolta LMS server to install the browser. If you skip this step, the printer will ask you to enter the LMS code.

How enable web browser:
Log in to Administrator Settings - Network Settings - Web Browser - Enable. it is necessary to turn the main switch on and off in some printers.

Thank you for your help on this Bix, very appreciated!

Kenny
03-04-2021, 10:53 AM

How enable web browser:

hello Bix,

I am currently on a customers site and installing a c458, when I enable the web browser it’s asking me to enter a license code?? Any thoughts?

Synthohol
03-04-2021, 01:01 PM
the copier has to have internet access first.
check gateway and DNS.

Bix
03-04-2021, 04:04 PM
hello Bix,

I am currently on a customers site and installing a c458, when I enable the web browser it’s asking me to enter a license code?? Any thoughts?
Hi, connect to the internet.
Check gateway and DNS.

Now turn the printer off and on again. Now it should no longer ask you for your license.

If you suspect that the customer has a strange firewall or network problem, you take your laptop and bridge the LAN port to your smartphone's wireless network.

In this way I have solved various similar problems.

Kenny
03-08-2021, 10:10 AM
hi guys,

i have 5 machines in total that require this options i have managed to enable it on 3 but 1 machine is saying deactivation is in demand, tried inputting a deactivation code into the machine but it says unable to confirm settings, and another machine just says failed to enable web browser?

any thoughts?

Bix
03-08-2021, 10:24 AM
Hi, is the series always 8/iSeries? The procedure is the one listed above.
If it doesn't work, there is some problem with the network.
For the 4 series, optional paid options are required.

Kenny
03-08-2021, 10:27 AM
Hi, is the series always 8/iSeries? The procedure is the one listed above.
If it doesn't work, there is some problem with the network.
For the 4 series, optional paid options are required.

yes they are all 8 series machines,

c658 - wont enable web browser even when i try to activate it via LMS

c458 - wont accept deacvtivation code. Failed to register License.

Deactivation demand has been made for specified Serial Number.

Bix
03-08-2021, 10:30 AM
yes they are all 8 series machines,

c658 - wont enable web browser even when i try to activate it via LMS

c458 - wont accept deacvtivation code. Failed to register License.

Deactivation demand has been made for specified Serial Number.

Theoretically you shouldn't touch LMS. If the printer is connected to the internet, it obtains the license automatically.
If someone has removed the license from LMS, I believe KM intervention is needed.

Kenny
03-08-2021, 12:28 PM
Theoretically you shouldn't touch LMS. If the printer is connected to the internet, it obtains the license automatically.
If someone has removed the license from LMS, I believe KM intervention is needed.

i dont suppose you have an email i can send to them do you? not sure what their email address is for support.

Kenny
03-12-2021, 01:11 PM
hi guys,

what would stop web browser functions to be enabled on a c658 and c458

c458 - deactivation demand is already process WONT ACCEPT deactivation code
c658 - wont enable web browser, tried to activate it via lms but wont accept license code on machine. FAILED TO ENABLE tried it through service mode and administrator mode

Custom Search