PDA

View Full Version : Bizhubpress C2070 and C3070 du-105 drum and coronas not reaching end of life.

Custom Search

FixitYo
03-03-2021, 02:37 PM
I'm finding very rare for DU-105 drums to reach end of life and in most instances they fail at 20-60 %. Failing in the form of the coating on the drum wears down causing a lighter density coverage, seen in a line lead to trail mostly noticeable on customers that run halftones graphic prints. Darker density prints has not affect.

konicavod
03-03-2021, 08:00 PM
I'm finding very rare for DU-105 drums to reach end of life and in most instances they fail at 20-60 %.
did you ever use self adhesive paper in your print shop?

REGSIS
03-04-2021, 06:13 AM
I'm finding very rare for DU-105 drums to reach end of life and in most instances they fail at 20-60 %. Failing in the form of the coating on the drum wears down causing a lighter density coverage, seen in a line lead to trail mostly noticeable on customers that run halftones graphic prints. Darker density prints has not affect.

Charge coronas sometimes reach 90-100%, but drums can fail as soon as 30% is reached. That is of course for halftone prints. For non-demanding prints you will not notice any difference.

Before replacement clean PH windows to check if they are affecting printout.

methogod
03-08-2021, 05:41 AM
Running C2070 - mid volume in my shop, lots of heavy stock, variable data....

We see CYAN drums fail first, then we move to yellow. Some how it hides it. Most of the time get 80% when its all said and done.

waiting for the C4070 or C6100 to reach the secondary market.... then well upgrade.

malcolmp
03-08-2021, 11:01 AM
Hi guys, I generally use DU-106. It works well provided the CEG (Customer Expectation Guide) requirements are met. Q-Zone (18 - 23 degrees) is absolutely vital if you want your consumable parts to last or at least be profitable. Halftones are always going to be a challenge but a clean machine is a must. Remember, a clean machine is a mean machine :)

Peace out
Mally

Custom Search