PDA

View Full Version : Red smudge in scan

Custom Search

rrrohan
03-04-2021, 01:47 AM

B224e

Im getting this red smudge in scans but only on A3 and only via the glass. the red section is only when the scanner is at the far right side.

Tried a new CCD but same issue.

Mirrors clean and dont appear to be out of position.

If i lift the front left corner of scanner bed it improves it slightly but not perfect so im wondering if its a optics alignment issue but the scans are straight and ive had much worse skew that hasnt caused this issue so im not sure.

Any suggestions?

patrickjlc
03-04-2021, 12:51 PM
In A4 it doesn't do it? Or thru the top?

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

rrrohan
03-04-2021, 12:56 PM
Never via ADF, never on A4 only A3 or when scanner travels to far right of scanner rail

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Gift
03-04-2021, 01:12 PM
Are all mirrors properly in place? Perhaps the scanner frame is a bit skewed or the mfp chassis itself. You can try and loosen all screws from the mfp chassis-scanner and see if the results are changing if there's no tension from the engine frame involved. Since you already tried and lift the front left corner a bit it supports the theory that some part has been skewed.

EarthKmTech
03-05-2021, 11:43 AM
replace the entire flat bed scanner from a decent scrap machine - it’s actually not as hard as it looks.

just make sure its a decent one before you take it there and lock the optics with the transport screws before throwing it in the car.

blackcat4866
03-05-2021, 11:08 PM
It's definitely a focus issue. Sadly you won't get much detail from the service manual on how to adjust focus. Focus issues are accentuated the further that you get from the slit glass ... the longest optical path.

You will need to CAREFULLY SLOWLY adjust the painted screws on the CCDB mounting plate in VERY SMALL INCREMENTS (counting 1/8 rotations of the screw). Two of the screws tip the CCD front to back. Two of the screws adjust the elevation of the CCD left to right.

The way I read it the elevation front to back is even, not in need of adjustment. The elevation of the CCD needs adjusting left to right. Murphy's Law applies here: As you adjust you will see the image becoming worse ... adjust the other way.

This is a sample from a bizhub 423. Not sure how it got this way, but I was able to tweak it back ... in 1/8 turn rotations, counting the whole time to keep track to the starting point. If you have to, identify the screws "A", "B", "C", "D" ... and keep a tally on a piece of paper, i.e.: "A": (3) 1/8 turns CCW, oops worse, (6) 1/8 turns CW, better ... like that. Frustrating, and it works.

=^..^=

Custom Search