PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C7000 Postscript challenge - Change mediatype by name in Postscript to change sheet

Custom Search

poweruser
03-05-2021, 02:12 PM
Lines below is part of the postscript (except %%Begin/EndPagesetup as more commands exists)
But i cannot get the C7000 Bizhub to change media after first sheet is printed, it continues to print from same tray ignoring the "sheet" media name, define with EFPCNAME EFI feature name. Actually it seems MediaWeight is affecting it, but it is dangerous to just change weight and not media name for a operator.
So question is, do you know how i can change Media paper name using defined names on controller, and their associated MID, and operator get the proper question for added the media named X into a tray?

The below Postscript do not work, it seems to ignore the MID and Name set, although it is a match to the C7000 printer medias defined.

------------------------
%%BeginPageSetup
%%BeginFeature: *EFPCMID 10226
%%EmptyOption
%%EndFeature
%%BeginFeature: *EFPCName White_no_holes
%%EmptyOption
%%EndFeature
%%BeginFeature: *EFMediaWeight 85
userdict /XJXEFIsetpageproperties known { << /XJXSetMediaWeightMetric [ 85 ] >> XJXEFIsetpageproperties } { userdict /XJXSetMediaWeightMetric known { 85 XJXSetMediaWeightMetric } if } ifelse
%%EndFeature
%%EndPageSetup
--------------------

Synthohol
03-07-2021, 05:52 PM
The only way I've been able to get mixed media was to tell it to use cover or insert with image for the other papers.
When the weight is changed it needs to warm or cool the fuser and adjust paper speeds.
This seems to work more effectively using the insert function.
Hope that helps.

poweruser
03-08-2021, 04:47 PM
The only way I've been able to get mixed media was to tell it to use cover or insert with image for the other papers.
When the weight is changed it needs to warm or cool the fuser and adjust paper speeds.
This seems to work more effectively using the insert function.
Hope that helps.
Thanks, i wonder about the Insert function you mention?

is it: *EFEnableMixedMediaInsertion ?
or do you have an example to show?

Synthohol
03-08-2021, 08:36 PM
like this? maybe cover mode has print with image?
been a while since ive had to so forgive my senior moment.

https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/attachments/konica-minolta/48530d1615235768-c7000-postscript-challenge-change-mediatype-name-postscript-change-sheet-mm-jpg

Synthohol
03-08-2021, 09:33 PM
or perhaps this?
https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/attachments/konica-minolta/48531d1615239183-c7000-postscript-challenge-change-mediatype-name-postscript-change-sheet-mm2-jpg

poweruser
03-09-2021, 06:50 AM
or perhaps this?
https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/attachments/konica-minolta/48531d1615239183-c7000-postscript-challenge-change-mediatype-name-postscript-change-sheet-mm2-jpg
Ok i see,
those options generate an index in front of the Postscript file, i cannot interact with the generated postscript file generated in the start of the file and client cannot add the index in the front of the job. That is how the features you refer to works, they do not work on Side/Page level, they only work on job level to define the complete job.

I wish to work on pages and in postscript there is a %%PageSetup but the EFI Fiery commands seems not to work here at this level, i think.

Custom Search