PDA

View Full Version : Bizhuib C258, manual toner feed not working

Custom Search

Savian
03-05-2021, 07:21 PM
Hi. How can I test that the tonner supply is working?

tsbservice
03-05-2021, 07:40 PM
Go in service mode and check TCR levels. Then do toner add in service mode and recheck TCR settings. Should be higher normally.
Out of interest what problem/trouble you have?

Savian
03-06-2021, 03:13 PM
Go in service mode and check TCR levels. Then do toner add in service mode and recheck TCR settings. Should be higher normally.
Out of interest what problem/trouble you have?

Hi, thanks for interest. The problem was flaws in the yellow. I changed the developer because it was above the count, for some time it worked but the problem came back in the same way.

allan
03-06-2021, 03:40 PM
Hi, thanks for interest. The problem was flaws in the yellow. I changed the developer because it was above the count, for some time it worked but the problem came back in the same way.

Ok so your yellow dev is too low again. By changing dev you mean only replace the dev powder? Or did you change the dev tank? So in this case i will change out the Dev tank with a new one but very important would be to replace the drum unit as well. Clean out the machine properly make sure the air ducts and filters are clear. Clean out the entire cavity by removing all the drums, devtank and the ITB.

You can always move the drum to C or M.

copier tech
03-06-2021, 05:32 PM
Ok so your yellow dev is too low again. By changing dev you mean only replace the dev powder? Or did you change the dev tank? So in this case i will change out the Dev tank with a new one but very important would be to replace the drum unit as well. Clean out the machine properly make sure the air ducts and filters are clear. Clean out the entire cavity by removing all the drums, devtank and the ITB.

+1 on this. You don't have a toner supply issue you have a developer depletion issue. As allan said clean out the airduct & replace the filters. You will need to replace the dev unit again.

tsbservice
03-07-2021, 12:28 AM

I have yet to see or hear C258 with over a 600k color counts. And then it would be close to dead corpse.

Bix
03-08-2021, 08:57 AM
+1 on this. You don't have a toner supply issue you have a developer depletion issue. As allan said clean out the airduct & replace the filters. You will need to replace the dev unit again.

There are no replaceable filters on the bizhub C258.

copier tech
03-08-2021, 09:39 AM
There are no replaceable filters on the bizhub C258.

Toner filter is on the C458 & above models.

Savian
03-08-2021, 11:49 AM

I just replaced the dev powder and all the drums are new but I switched them for test.
I tapped the tonner inlet, than solved the problem. Perhaps the tonner has become compacted at the outlet.
Always the Yellow.

Thanks again.

allan
03-10-2021, 04:27 PM
I just replaced the dev powder and all the drums are new but I switched them for test.
I tapped the tonner inlet, than solved the problem. Perhaps the tonner has become compacted at the outlet.
Always the Yellow.

Thanks again.

Do i understand you correctly here. You pinched the tube and no tonner was getting to the dev tank? Ok so you are using 3de party developer. Does it come with a TCR chip? How has the 3de party stuff been working for you. Please post a pic of the packaging and the brand name.

Custom Search