PDA

View Full Version : Copystar - Kyocera 1635 just stops

Custom Search

partly retired
03-08-2021, 05:05 PM
Key in we'll say 30 copy's. Runs a random amount then stops in mid cycle and screen shows "copying" even though no main motor running. No jams in copier. Did memory reset sim 21. Installed new toner just in case and ran sim 120, developer set, just for a minute to force feed some toner cuz I've seen the add toner light not come on in other machines. Set empty of toner sim 298(?) from single copy to continuous but still copier stops. If I press clear button screen will then show "copying will end soon" message as it should but never clears since copier isn't producing copies. Things that make me go hmmmmm.

Santander
03-08-2021, 11:46 PM
Key in we'll say 30 copy's. Runs a random amount then stops in mid cycle and screen shows "copying" even though no main motor running. No jams in copier. Did memory reset sim 21. Installed new toner just in case and ran sim 120, developer set, just for a minute to force feed some toner cuz I've seen the add toner light not come on in other machines. Set empty of toner sim 298(?) from single copy to continuous but still copier stops. If I press clear button screen will then show "copying will end soon" message as it should but never clears since copier isn't producing copies. Things that make me go hmmmmm.

What is the count on the DV unit? If the DV unit does not think it has toner it will pause and wait. Have your replaced the DV unit? The toner sensor in the DV unit could be malfunctioning indicating to the machine that it does not have enough toner to continue. If you had let sim 130 [not 120] finish it may have indicated an error. To me it sounds like the toner in the developer is being depleted and the machine is waiting for it to be replenished. Is there something blocking the toner delivery to the DV?

blackcat4866
03-08-2021, 11:49 PM
What is the count on the DV unit? If the DV unit does not think it has toner it will pause and wait. Have your replaced the DV unit? The toner sensor in the DV unit could be malfunctioning indicating to the machine that it does not have enough toner to continue. If you had let sim 130 [not 120] finish it may have indicated an error. To me it sounds like the toner in the developer is being depleted and the machine is waiting for it to be replenished. Is there something blocking the toner delivery to the DV?

Mono-component developing, sir. =^..^=

copydocinc
03-09-2021, 12:21 AM
I've seen a bad drum ground or arching coronas cause weird electrical issues on this and other models.
Just a thought

Santander
03-09-2021, 11:59 PM
Mono-component developing, sir. =^..^=

Yes it is mono-component, but the toner sensor is still located in the DV unit. If the toner sensor is indicating in-sufficient toner it will pause as it tries to add more toner to continue. I would still start with replacing the DV unit.

B0265
03-10-2021, 08:01 AM
Yes it is mono-component, but the toner sensor is still located in the DV unit. If the toner sensor is indicating in-sufficient toner it will pause as it tries to add more toner to continue. I would still start with replacing the DV unit.

I have not seen this model in many years but if my memory serves me right there was no sensor inside the developing unit, only a toner container sensor outside the toner cartridge.

Gab
03-11-2021, 10:16 PM
When it stops does it looks like dead or there is a sound like trying to load toner?
If it tries to load toner that where your problem is otherwise i have faced this problem but cenciarly don't remember for now . If i remeber ....

partly retired
03-12-2021, 12:32 AM
When it stops does it looks like dead or there is a sound like trying to load toner?
If it tries to load toner that where your problem is otherwise i have faced this problem but cenciarly don't remember for now . If i remeber ....

When it stops all I hear is the laser running in the background. Main motor is not running.

nathicana
03-12-2021, 12:40 AM
Does it do this when feeding from another paper source such as the bypass tray?

Sometimes a momentary false out of paper signal can do these types of things.

Also check the size detection piece that breaks from the cassette hitting it on the machine inside rear.

If insufficient toner was the problem you should be seeing an add toner message.

Look for jam 05 in the jam history even though the machine is not giving a jam message on the panel.

JR2ALTA
03-12-2021, 12:49 AM
When it stops all I hear is the laser running in the background. Main motor is not running.

Man, this machine sucked 15 years ago. Consider it a blessing. You probably can't get parts anyway.

Custom Search