PDA

View Full Version : 3102e Print Controller Problems

Custom Search

andyb85
11-20-2008, 05:49 PM
We just replaced hard drive and restored system software on our 3102e print controller. Worked fine for a few weeks and now it won't boot. Any Suggestions? We put brand new Hard Drive in.

Thanks

TheOwl
11-20-2008, 10:25 PM
Try reloading the operating system again and make sure you update with all the latest patches as well.

Run a diagnostics check on the RAM. Sounds like either the RAM is flakey or your HDD (wouldn't be the first new HDD to fail soon after installation)

pepper38_cnd
11-20-2008, 11:36 PM
Are you using appletalk or is apple talk enabled?

This is the read me from one available patch.

"Controller detail" button does not appear on the engine remote panel. No reply when pinging the print controller. This patch is for print controllers using the AppleTalk protocol.

If you have a config sheet ( i always recommend printing one and keeping it on file when your controller is working ) check the AppleTalk setting. If this may apply to you reload system code and when configuring disable appletalk, ( and any other services you are not using) if you are actually using appletalk then apply the patch, if you need the patch I can send it to you.

Note there are a bunch of patches but most are application specific and applying them all is probably a waste of time. Although some would argue that point.

pepper38_cnd
11-21-2008, 11:35 PM
Andy

I sent you a Zip file with all the available patches read the readme's and release note .

I hope this helps.

kmcopier
11-23-2008, 03:17 PM
Hello Check if the machine goes in low power mode the fiery disk keeps turning but the fan above it stops and the disk gets hot and at the end the fiery doesn,t boot.
set turn off the low power mode explain it too the customer, we did ad one customer a extar power for the fan did worked OK

andyb85
11-28-2008, 02:33 PM
Are you using appletalk or is apple talk enabled?

This is the read me from one available patch.

"Controller detail" button does not appear on the engine remote panel. No reply when pinging the print controller. This patch is for print controllers using the AppleTalk protocol.

If you have a config sheet ( i always recommend printing one and keeping it on file when your controller is working ) check the AppleTalk setting. If this may apply to you reload system code and when configuring disable appletalk, ( and any other services you are not using) if you are actually using appletalk then apply the patch, if you need the patch I can send it to you.

Note there are a bunch of patches but most are application specific and applying them all is probably a waste of time. Although some would argue that point.

When checking config sheet for appletalk status, I noticed the patch was already installed. Going to try the fan next. Customer has had problems with it in the past.

Custom Search