PDA

View Full Version : C450i - IC420 and initial setup

Custom Search

copytechman
03-18-2021, 06:55 PM
Hope for a little insight.. .have setup the device according to the books. Fiery is live via web interface and have enabled the web browser, however touching the fiery button does nothing, also the web browser is still grayed out despite being enable...

What am i missing here?

Help please!

A.

I thought I enabled the web browser with function code B, via the LMS tool but it still doesnt show up as function (besides the grayed out thing).

when I went to the LMS tool I entered the device sn and the choice it gave me was the web browser with a function code b and license...

when entered the device rebooted to no apparent change... I think im still missing something... anyone?

emujo2
03-18-2021, 07:31 PM
Service mode system 1 controller set to 1 (just double check)..VI kit installed correctly and cables connected...Web Browser enabled ( admin/network web browser)

Power off controller, then MFP..let sit for a few min..Power up controller, give at least 5 min once you see 00.. next power up MFP and WAIT!!! I cannot stress the waiting part..It can take 30 min for the controller to come to ready the 1st time..it should print a config sheet when it's darn good and ready to move along..E

copytechman
03-18-2021, 07:47 PM
Service mode system 1 controller set to 1 (just double check)..VI kit installed correctly and cables connected...Web Browser enabled ( admin/network web browser)

Power off controller, then MFP..let sit for a few min..Power up controller, give at least 5 min once you see 00.. next power up MFP and WAIT!!! I cannot stress the waiting part..It can take 30 min for the controller to come to ready the 1st time..it should print a config sheet when it's darn good and ready to move along..E

Ok thanks !

And the web browser function ? What am I missing ? It’s still grayed out?

Synthohol
03-18-2021, 08:02 PM
You need to disconnect the fiery, set to controller 0 in service, enter in working IP info including DNS and activate the web browser in admin mode.
If the machine does not have the extra memory to enable the web browser that may be the issue too.

copytechman
03-18-2021, 08:19 PM
You need to disconnect the fiery, set to controller 0 in service, enter in working IP info including DNS and activate the web browser in admin mode.
If the machine does not have the extra memory to enable the web browser that may be the issue too.

Ok , was going to try that next after a mem clear , extra memory is needed even with the uk-kit u need to install the fiery ?

regards !

a.

I will check to see in my price book if additional memory is needed to enable the browser despite the addition of the uk kit which is needed in addition to the vi kit to make the fiery work.

Regards!
A.

strider5555
03-18-2021, 09:05 PM
Just to be clear. You enabled the web browser function on the machine from the admin menu first before doing anything else. From panel or web browser, log in as administrator, go to network>web browser>web browser and turn on the radio dial. Then you installed the UK 115 which is required for c450i, then the VI 516 video interface. Then install the Fiery and configure either in A or B setup.

Here is the install guide just in case.

tsbservice
03-18-2021, 09:13 PM
Ok , was going to try that next after a mem clear , extra memory is needed even with the uk-kit u need to install the fiery ?

regards !

a.

I will check to see in my price book if additional memory is needed to enable the browser despite the addition of the uk kit which is needed in addition to the vi kit to make the fiery work.

Regards!
A.

No need of extra memory for web browser just see if it's enabled by default from admin menu.
Those machines come ready to shoot like machine gun, very fast hardware but software...at times is just embarrassing.

copytechman
03-18-2021, 09:37 PM
Just to be clear. You enabled the web browser function on the machine from the admin menu first before doing anything else. From panel or web browser, log in as administrator, go to network>web browser>web browser and turn on the radio dial. Then you installed the UK 115 which is required for c450i, then the VI 516 video interface. Then install the Fiery and configure either in A or B setup.

Here is the install guide just in case.

Well no I didn’t , I followed the install guide , connected it all as a b setup , attempted to enable the browser which didn’t do anything it seems . At which point I connected the machine right to the normal (not fiery ) connection to our network, rebooted and it got a local ip on the normal controller , (controller tho was still set to controller 1 ) nothing changed , at which point I said to heck with this , did a memory clear so I could basically start fresh with network plugged into normal instead of the fiery . I haven’t got a lot farther with it since was gonna tackle it anew tomorrow, I suspect that once the browser function works that the fiery button will too . (It lit up it just didn’t do anything , I could access the fiery from the web side tho)

regards!
A.

As a side note , this is the first fiery I have setup that has had to have the browser enabled on the device first for it work. Have setup tons of fierys , just not this specific model.. yet .

tsbservice
03-18-2021, 09:58 PM
Well no I didn’t , I followed the install guide , connected it all as a b setup , attempted to enable the browser which didn’t do anything it seems . At which point I connected the machine right to the normal (not fiery ) connection to our network, rebooted and it got a local ip on the normal controller , (controller tho was still set to controller 1 ) nothing changed , at which point I said to heck with this , did a memory clear so I could basically start fresh with network plugged into normal instead of the fiery . I haven’t got a lot farther with it since was gonna tackle it anew tomorrow, I suspect that once the browser function works that the fiery button will too . (It lit up it just didn’t do anything , I could access the fiery from the web side tho)

regards!
A.

As a side note , this is the first fiery I have setup that has had to have the browser enabled on the device first for it work. Have setup tons of fierys , just not this specific model.. yet .

Looks like it's a must to.
4. Enabling the Web browser function
To display the Fiery setting screen (Web LCD) on
the control panel, the Web browser function must
be enabled on the MFP.
For the enabling procedure, refer to the “User’s Guide."

Good luck.

copytechman
03-18-2021, 10:10 PM
Looks like it's a must to.
4. Enabling the Web browser function
To display the Fiery setting screen (Web LCD) on
the control panel, the Web browser function must
be enabled on the MFP.
For the enabling procedure, refer to the “User’s Guide."

Good luck.

Yeah I saw that, it doesn’t say that the browser has be enabled separately first as such tho. Like as in setup the machine fully, enable the darn browser , make sure it works fully, then install all of the fiery nonsense unless that is what they were implying by saying “ refer to the user guide”.

ugh lol
regards ! A.

Synthohol
03-18-2021, 10:33 PM
Yes step 4 in the install guide has you enabling web browser before even taking off a cover to install VI.
The 4 series was the same deal, web browser is always 1st.
The 3 series and before didn't matter it was a different breed :)

copytechman
03-19-2021, 12:14 AM
Yes step 4 in the install guide has you enabling web browser before even taking off a cover to install VI.
The 4 series was the same deal, web browser is always 1st.
The 3 series and before didn't matter it was a different breed :)

Funny I don’t recall doing that on any of 4e series that I’ve installed with the fiery ic-414 I think it was ?

regardless we shall see.

regards
A.

emujo2
03-19-2021, 01:56 PM
yes, step 4 does say the web browser must be enabled, but pretty sure this does not mean "go no further until web browser works". Greyed out web browser should mean this function is installed but not activated..(you could type the s/n into LMS to determine if it's activated, and admin network settings to enable the function. There are some weird things that happen when your function version and firmware are not matching..you may want to discount double check this as well. E

copytechman
03-19-2021, 02:24 PM
yes, step 4 does say the web browser must be enabled, but pretty sure this does not mean "go no further until web browser works". Greyed out web browser should mean this function is installed but not activated..(you could type the s/n into LMS to determine if it's activated, and admin network settings to enable the function. There are some weird things that happen when your function version and firmware are not matching..you may want to discount double check this as well. E

Yeah that’s how I read it too, but I think I may have borked it in the lms system now and need to find out who to talk to to unbork it. When I initially got a code it said it took it , rebooted and nothing changed , including the listing of enabled functions. I need to reset the thing fully and get the machine reset in the lms system on the interwebs too. It’s very frustrating to me when instructions are implicit. If it was that important it should have stated that specifically in the install book to do that instead of saying go to the user guide . Much less how it’s connected initially. But that’s my rant.

regards .

A.

copytechman
03-24-2021, 04:43 PM
UPDATE:

A soecial nod to Emujo (I hope I spelt that correctly).. So aside from the browser thing it turns out that the machine won't let you do anything without the toners in it (I was awaiting those for initial setup) Once those were installed, everything started working. (I normally have the toners on setup and this is the first time in a long time that I hadn't).

So tyvm for all of your assistance its all good now!

Regards!
A.

emujo2
03-24-2021, 05:49 PM
Whoo Hoo..where do I send the bill? E

tsbservice
03-24-2021, 07:16 PM
UPDATE:

A soecial nod to Emujo (I hope I spelt that correctly).. So aside from the browser thing it turns out that the machine won't let you do anything without the toners in it (I was awaiting those for initial setup) Once those were installed, everything started working. (I normally have the toners on setup and this is the first time in a long time that I hadn't).

So tyvm for all of your assistance its all good now!

Regards!
A.
Yep machine should be setup first.

copytechman
03-24-2021, 09:32 PM
Yep machine should be setup first.

Understood but I was working within the constraints I had at the time.

Regardless it’s all good now so thank you everyone !

A.

copytechman
03-24-2021, 09:33 PM
Whoo Hoo..where do I send the bill? E

Har har! ;D

A.

Custom Search